Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>CC VS. NC Win?
akumushi 03:28 AM 11-10-2010
I thought it would be fun to start a thread for those who have smoked NCs and CCs back to back to rate which one was the better smoke.
For me, tonight was an NC Tatuaje Sir Winston Reserva for the Win, over a CC Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs.
:-)
[Reply]
bigdix 04:13 AM 11-10-2010
Clayton, I love this idea! This should be a great thread. I haven't thought about it much, but I often smoke the two back to back.
[Reply]
MarioF 04:17 AM 11-10-2010
What a great idea, this will be an interesting thread to follow along with.
[Reply]
md4958 06:36 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by akumushi:
For me, tonight was an NC Tatuaje Sir Winston Reserva for the Win, over a CC Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs.
Clayton, this is an interesting idea. But is it fair to pair up an $12 Tatuaje Reserva, with a $3 mille fleur?

Perhaps try the Tatuaje vs a CC of similar value and/or rareness.
[Reply]
JDTexan 06:55 AM 11-10-2010
Put up a Tat Sir Winston vs a real Upman Sir Winston, no comparison.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:04 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by JDTexan:

Not a good comparison by the OP since it involves a premium NC Tat v. a very relatively low end CC.

However, didn't see any rules so I guess anything goes.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:36 AM 11-10-2010
When I first read the title I thought to myself... "not another one of these!"

Cool idea and interesting as well. Gotta be careful that the first one smoked is not too strong as it may kill your tastes for the second stick involved.
[Reply]
rennD 07:40 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Clayton, this is an interesting idea. But is it fair to pair up an $12 Tatuaje Reserva, with a $3 mille fleur?

Hard to compare either way. One has duties and the other .....

Is it truly a $3 Partagas?
[Reply]
wayner123 07:48 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by rennD:
Hard to compare either way. One has duties and the other .....

Is it truly a $3 Partagas?

No, I believe it's a Romeo y Julieta

Originally Posted by akumushi:
I thought it would be fun to start a thread for those who have smoked NCs and CCs back to back to rate which one was the better smoke.

[Reply]
rennD 07:49 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
No, I believe it's a Romeo y Julieta
Oops. RyJ then. Question still stands
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:51 AM 11-10-2010
I smoked an '08 RASS and an LGC Series R Natural Robusto, and it was a tie.
[Reply]
wayner123 07:52 AM 11-10-2010
Oops. RyJ then. Question still stands
I don't know. And from what I have been told and gather we are not to discuss CC pricing on CA. :-)

But I think this thread will get a lot of biased comments one way or the other on the OP's subject. I am going to guess he meant this to be fun and not a scientific or comprehensive testing of NC vs CC.
[Reply]
rennD 07:56 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I don't know. And from what I have been told and gather we are not to discuss CC pricing on CA. :-)

But I think this thread will get a lot of biased comments one way or the other on the OP's subject. I am going to guess he meant this to be fun and not a scientific or comprehensive testing of NC vs CC.
Ok then. Why dont you ask the person that first brought up cost/value?

All I am saying is compare apples to apples. Either subtract the duties from the NCs or add "imaginary" duties to CCs (which is not the good way), then compare.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:31 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
When I first read the title I thought to myself... "not another one of these!"

Cool idea and interesting as well. Gotta be careful that the first one smoked is not too strong as it may kill your tastes for the second stick involved.
I wanted to say the same thing but my version wasn't as nice :-) HAL FTW!

Ok then. Why dont you ask the person that first brought up cost/value?

All I am saying is compare apples to apples. Either subtract the duties from the NCs or add "imaginary" duties to CCs (which is not the good way), then compare.
Regardless of price, you are comparing a limited reserva release from Tatuaje to a regular production cigar from RyJ. It isn't apples to apples.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 08:45 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:

+1

This can totally ruin a good cigar. I always try to avoid this at a HERF.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:49 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE:
+1

This can totally ruin a good cigar. I always try to avoid this at a HERF.
This unfortunately happens to me after the 3rd cigar.
I've had to change up my game plans as I usually would leave that special cigar for the end of the herf. I remember one herf I brought a Padron 80th to smoke, and since it was my 4th cigar in a row, I could hardly taste the nuances.
[Reply]
akumushi 08:50 AM 11-10-2010
I don't really think the cost matters at all, and I'm not looking for a scientific experiment of which are better, CC or NC. I've had 3 dollar CCs blow 20 dollar NCs out of the water, and I smoke predominantly CCs, so tonight doesn't really show any bias on my part. The whole point of the exercise is to catalogue the experience. Sometimes the NC will win, sometimes the CC will. I expect the results to vary from day to day with each person, so let's not get too serious about, oh, well that just isn't a fair comparison. Which was the better smoke?
[Reply]
sobranie10 09:02 AM 11-10-2010
Great Idea!
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:13 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:

Originally Posted by JDTexan:

It's better not to compare...just enjoy what you smoke.
[Reply]
Bunker 09:14 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
This unfortunately happens to me after the 3rd cigar.
I've had to change up my game plans as I usually would leave that special cigar for the end of the herf. I remember one herf I brought a Padron 80th to smoke, and since it was my 4th cigar in a row, I could hardly taste the nuances.
If you really wanted to compare, smoke them at the same time and alternate :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up