Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Six Nations 2009!!!!!!!
Partagaspete 08:04 AM 02-07-2009
Woot Wooot!!!!!

Italy V. England starting now.....

Any other inmates interested in Six Nations Rugby?

T
[Reply]
Partagaspete 08:06 AM 02-07-2009
1:35 in England Try after an Italy turnover.

T
[Reply]
Partagaspete 08:06 AM 02-14-2009
I can't believe I am th eonly one interested in the Six-Nations.

Watching Scotland V. France in Paris. I am even wearing my Kilt!

T
[Reply]
adampc22 10:49 AM 02-14-2009
no mate i love rugby
[Reply]
Partagaspete 02:01 PM 02-14-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
no mate i love rugby
The Scotland France game was not so great but the England Wales game was pretty entertaining.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:31 PM 02-14-2009
I have no clue whats going on but it sO COOL
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:06 PM 02-14-2009
I love Rugby, played in college, but I have no idea where to catch these games
[Reply]
Cenookie 10:05 PM 02-14-2009
I love watching rugby, a friend from S. Africa introduced me to the game. I watch the games on Senta (DirecTV).
[Reply]
gvarsity 11:39 AM 02-15-2009
I love watching Rugby but canceled my setanta subscription six months ago due to lack of time to watch games. You can't passively watch rugby like american football. You have to be paying attention and not just watch the replays. :-) One of the coolest sporting events I ever saw was France v. Wales at the Stade de France. Ridiculously cool. I may have to see if I can find it at a bar locally.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:51 AM 02-15-2009
ahh setanta.. yeah, I don't get that channel, maybe I should sign up for it

I miss watching rugby
[Reply]
Partagaspete 12:20 PM 02-15-2009
Ireland crushed Italy but it was looking bad for a while and actually kind of boring with moments of explosive action.

If you saw the game you would have seen an excellent example of a closeline. Italian player went to the sin bin.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 11:28 AM 03-14-2009
Watching Ireland v Scotland as I try to write my Persuasive paper for Uni...game is good though Irelend is down 9-3. I guess there is not much interest out there for this awesome sport.

T
[Reply]
hotreds 11:34 AM 03-14-2009
I don't remember Italy even having a team! When I lived in Europe I followed rugby and 'Jeux a 13" but not anymore, alas. I remember the "All Blacks" being formidable. Of course, this was in the 70s!
[Reply]
Partagaspete 03:57 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I don't remember Italy even having a team! When I lived in Europe I followed rugby and 'Jeux a 13" but not anymore, alas. I remember the "All Blacks" being formidable. Of course, this was in the 70s!
I believe it use to be five nations until Italy joined but I am not 100% as I am a faily new fan to the sport. I think there is a different tournement that includes Australia, South Africa, you all blacks, etc. I, in no way clain to be an authority on the sport. I just love it.

T
[Reply]
gvarsity 07:10 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
I believe it use to be five nations until Italy joined but I am not 100% as I am a faily new fan to the sport. I think there is a different tournement that includes Australia, South Africa, you all blacks, etc. I, in no way clain to be an authority on the sport. I just love it.

T
You are correct. It was England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and France until the 1999's. I'm marching in the St. Patricks parade tomorrow with my old club. Just haven't had the time to sit and watch games this year.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 02:02 AM 03-15-2009
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
You are correct. It was England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and France until the 1999's. I'm marching in the St. Patricks parade tomorrow with my old club. Just haven't had the time to sit and watch games this year.
Some of the kids that work for me are headed up to Dublin this week. I wish I could go this week...hell I need to get up there before I head back to the states later this year. It would be a crime not to get a Guinness in Dublin after living here for almost 5 years.

I am watching the games on 101 which I think is BBC one.

T
[Reply]
taltos 02:20 PM 03-15-2009
Wish that we couod get the games here but that being said, Go Ireland!:-)
[Reply]
Partagaspete 09:30 AM 03-21-2009
France CRUSHED Italy
England and Scotland now

THen

IRELAND v. Wales:-)

Time to fire one up.

T
[Reply]
gvarsity 07:05 PM 03-22-2009
Followed the Ireland v. Wales game on line. Congrats to the Ireland squad 61 years between grand slams is a long time.

Just an aside I discovered a really interesting rugby sim/manager game on line. http://www.blackoutrugby.com/ it is really comprehensive and the live match reporting is really fascinating.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 11:51 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
Followed the Ireland v. Wales game on line. Congrats to the Ireland squad 61 years between grand slams is a long time.

Just an aside I discovered a really interesting rugby sim/manager game on line. http://www.blackoutrugby.com/ it is really comprehensive and the live match reporting is really fascinating.
It was a great Match to boot.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up