Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>How Long Should Devil Site Deliveries Rest?
Catfish 08:21 AM 02-05-2009
I received a shipment from the Devil site the other day. Poorly, poorly packaged. 2 5 packs and a box of Cam. Trip. maddy's. They were very cold. I am hoping some of you fine people can share with me your procedures for resting your babies when they arrive to your home.

Do you have a minimum amount of time you rest them in your humi's before you start smoking them?

I was thinking a month or so but aaarrrgghh!!!!! Staring at a whole box of Camacho Triple Maduro 6X60's for a month is gonna be torture.
[Reply]
Hardcz 08:23 AM 02-05-2009
2-4 weeks is my thought on anything super cold...

Though feel free to try one now... couldn't hurt...
[Reply]
pnoon 08:24 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I received a shipment from the Devil site the other day. Poorly, poorly packaged. 2 5 packs and a box of Cam. Trip. maddy's. They were very cold. I am hoping some of you fine people can share with me your procedures for resting your babies when they arrive to your home.

Do you have a minimum amount of time you rest them in your humi's before you start smoking them?

I was thinking a month or so but aaarrrgghh!!!!! Staring at a whole box of Camacho Triple Maduro 6X60's for a month is gonna be torture.
2-3 week minimum for me.

Be patient. While the temptation is there, you will not be enjoying the full potential of the cigar. They will most certainly be better once they stabilize in your storage environment.

:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:25 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
2-4 weeks is my thought on anything super cold...

Though feel free to try one now... couldn't hurt...
I disagree. Smoking a cigar you know is not at proper storage/humidification is a waste.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 10:14 AM 02-05-2009
CI/C-bid usually keeps their sticks very wet. I let them rest 3-4 weeks.
[Reply]
white_s2k 10:17 AM 02-05-2009
I let them rest in my humi for atleast 3-4 weeks.
[Reply]
Catfish 10:22 AM 02-05-2009
Thanks all for the responses.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:31 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by silentjon:
CI/C-bid usually keeps their sticks very wet. I let them rest 3-4 weeks.
[Reply]
groogs 10:41 AM 02-05-2009
Like everyone else, I let them sit for 30 days minimum. The longer you can hold out the better the smokes will taste.
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:37 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
2-3 week minimum for me.

Be patient. While the temptation is there, you will not be enjoying the full potential of the cigar. They will most certainly be better once they stabilize in your storage environment.

Peter knows things...:-) I would let them rest at least 3-4 weeks or as long as you can wait...

In all reality I still have some things in my humi from 9 months ago that I haven't tried yet... but that's because I am becoming an aged cigar whore...I have a hard time smoking most things with less than 6 months of age on them...:-)
[Reply]
big a 02:30 PM 02-05-2009
Right now i use the same rule i do when i freeze cigars. The longer the better but a minimum of around 4 weeks depending on how long i can take it :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:21 PM 02-05-2009
Especially with the Triple Maduro's I would follow the suggestions to let them rest and acclimate for 3-4 weeks. The 6x60 is a monster smoke and you will have a very hard time keeping it lit if it is wet. :-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 03:25 PM 02-05-2009
I did a week, I'm told that's too short, but they were darn yummy.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 03:37 PM 02-05-2009
It is hard to be patient with devil site shipments when a new wave comes in every week. Thankfully, I'm beyond that now, but I used to have a hard time being patient because if I liked somethen I wanted to immediately buy more "bargains" that second. :-)

Like others have said here, let them rest a minimum of 3-4 weeks... more if you can take it. Give your sticks the best possible opportunity to WoW you and not fail you.
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 05:30 PM 02-05-2009
4 weeks for me.
[Reply]
ChasDen 06:39 PM 02-05-2009
Month or more for me.

At first I was burning them in a few weeks but I now have a large enough supply I just use C-bid to supplement the staples when they begin to run low. I think I am now getting to the point I'm smoking stuff with almost a year on them :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Nimbus 07:05 PM 02-05-2009
I have no choice but to rest them since it is way too cold outside to smoke any cigar.

The normal rest time I give the cigars to rest is about a month. :-)

Glad to see you on bro. :-)
[Reply]
acruce 07:50 PM 02-05-2009
You will probably notice a spike in RH win you put your cbid sticks in your humi. I usually wait until my RH stabilizes a bit before smoke them. Could be a week, maybe two or three.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:58 PM 02-05-2009
I freeze everything from CI/C-bid. Then it's a minimum of at least 3 weeks, if not much longer.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:06 PM 02-05-2009
I think a more important question is how long you should let your CC rest before bidding again... :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up