SmokeyJoe 09:07 PM 02-04-2009
Seen these scores yet?

Clemson beat Duke - 74-47

and

Miami beat Wake Forest - 79-52 !

Are you kidding me?!?!?

[Reply]
MedicCook 09:12 PM 02-04-2009
All I know is my local team the Siena Saints are on their way to the dance again. They are 18-5 overall and 12-0 in the conferance. They had a great 1st round upset last year to advance.
[Reply]
Whee 09:15 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Seen these scores yet?

and

Are you kidding me?!?!?
[Reply]
karmaz00 01:30 AM 02-05-2009
well i took clemson to beat duke...but the WF game..never saw that coming
[Reply]
taltos 04:29 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
All I know is my local team the Siena Saints are on their way to the dance again. They are 18-5 overall and 12-0 in the conferance. They had a great 1st round upset last year to advance.
Are they still in the Patriot League? Fordham should have stayed there instead of moving to the A-10.
[Reply]
Mark C 04:52 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Seen these scores yet?

and

Are you kidding me?!?!?
I think Wake Forest was quite a bit over-rated. First Virginia Tech beats 'em, then a short while later Georgia Tech, and now Miami? Not a good showing from the Deacons.
[Reply]
MikeyC 05:55 AM 02-05-2009
Go canes!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Rockestone 06:08 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by karmaz00:
well i took clemson to beat duke...but the WF game..never saw that coming
You are a wise man.:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:48 AM 03-14-2009
The ACC Tourney has been a great show... thought Duke would lose, though. :-)

Carolina should win today... but looking forward to a deep run in the NCAA! :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:04 PM 03-14-2009
Who would have thought the finals of the ACC Tournament would be FSU vs Duke?

I'm still in shock over Carolina's loss... man. :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 09:49 PM 03-14-2009
Go
Noles!
:-):-)

[Reply]
galaga 01:31 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
Go
Noles!
:-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:03 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
Go home

Noles!
Originally Posted by galaga:
:-)
Fixed it for you guys. :-)

Go Duke! :-)
[Reply]
jkim05 10:36 AM 03-16-2009
Let's Go MD...it's good to be back in the dance
[Reply]
Dgar 01:05 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by jkim05:
Let's Go MD...it's good to be back in the dance
I hear Maryland has some bigtime Tiger Fans.... some say the Tigers couldnt compete with the ACC:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:15 PM 03-23-2009
What sport is this? Sounds like they need new goalies. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:53 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by Dgar:
I hear Maryland has some bigtime Tiger Fans.... some say the Tigers couldnt compete with the ACC:-):-):-):-)
Maryland was a lower mid-pack team (7th) in the ACC and they sure as heck wouldn't go undefeated in the ACC but I'm sure the Tigers are happy to be in, what is basically, a very good high shool conference. :-)
[Reply]
Dgar 02:50 PM 03-24-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Maryland was a lower mid-pack team (7th) in the ACC and they sure as heck wouldn't go undefeated in the ACC but I'm sure the Tigers are happy to be in, what is basically, a very good high shool conference. :-)
This has what to do with the fact Memphis Beat Maryland. Since 'YOU brought up conferences, I guess Saturdays loss is not saying much for Maryland or the ACC, considering the spanking they got! :-)

Facts: Tigers took the Terps to the woodshed.... ACCORDING TO espn, THE GAME WAS CLOSE TILL TIP OFF :-), If you watched the game, you know this is true, this game was over very very early, the terps were down twenty at the half.... Game Over.. Tigers played there bench much of the seconf half.

The following :-)omplete http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...yhoo&type=lgns

Memphis serves Vasquez humble pieBy Jason King, Yahoo! Sports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Before he took the court against Memphis, Maryland guard Greivis Vasquez criticized the Tigers’ schedule and said they needed to face some good competition.

Unfortunately, the Terrapins didn’t come close to providing it.

Although they attempted to downplay it, Vasquez’s pregame comments certainly provided some motivation for Memphis’ inspired play. Among other things, Vasquez said the Tigers would’ve finished with a losing record if they played in the ACC instead of Conference USA, where they went undefeated.

“We all just laughed about it,” Mack said. “It took the monkey off of our backs and put it on theirs.”

Vasquez finished with a team-high 18 points, but 12 of them came in the second half, after the game was all but decided. Vasquez also received a technical foul for chirping at an official. "The Boy likes to run his mouth, Dgar...."“They proved me wrong,” Vasquez said. “They proved everybody wrong. They can play with anyone.”
Vasquez said he didn’t regret making the comments.

“That’s what sport is all about,” he said. “I’m not regretting nothing. They’ve got good players and a good coach and they won. It’s nothing else.”

Greivis’ saucy quotes led to some humorous chants late in Saturday’s game. With about five minutes remaining and Memphis clearly in control, Tigers fans began taunting the Terrapins by chanting “A-C-C! A-C-C!”

Calipari motioned for the chant to stop.

Still, by then, Maryland’s fans were infuriated. Some of them began shouting curse words and shooting the bird toward the Memphis section, while others screamed “S-A-T! S-A-T!”

Then, about three-fourths of the arena broke into a “Rock Chalk, Jayhawk” chant to remind the Tigers about last year’s overtime loss to Kansas in the national title game.
[Reply]
wshan 08:24 PM 03-25-2009
FSU screwed my brackets. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt...I should have known better. As a Gator I should never had picked the Noles to win anything. Bunch of clowns over there.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:03 PM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by Dgar:
This has what to do with the fact Memphis Beat Maryland. Since 'YOU brought up conferences, I guess Saturdays loss is not saying much for Maryland or the ACC, considering the spanking they got! :-)

Well, I am saying that Memphis beat a crappy team that shouldn't have made in to begin with. :-) I thought Boston College should have been in instead.

Besides, I dislike Mary Land very much and Vasquez even more. He writes checks with his mouth that his game can't cash 99.9% of the time. Before the game he played at Duke he said that Cameron Indoor was his house then proceded to get beat down like never before. :-)

What I am not saying is that Memphis isn't a really good team, they are. They just need to get out of that joke of a conference.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up