Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Verizon+Alltel=Vealtel?
LasciviousXXX 07:26 PM 02-04-2009
LOL, I have fun with thread titles LOL

So as was reported in the second quarter of last year, VZW planned on buying Alltel. Well its official as now VZW owns the smaller company making Verizon the largest network phone co in the US.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
dunng 07:28 PM 02-04-2009
Can't beat the coverage of Verizon (at least in this area). :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 07:30 PM 02-04-2009
Seriously, I've wanted an Iphone for awhile now but the only co with decent coverage in the mountainous area that I live in is VZW
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:40 PM 02-04-2009
I was reading as a part of the buyout the FTC is requiring Verizon to dump a certain amount of assets. Apparently AT&T is just waiting in the wings to buy them up. So, maybe that will improve AT&T service.
[Reply]
Darrell 07:47 PM 02-04-2009
Verizon has been good to me. :-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 11:06 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Verizon has been good to me. :-)
Same here.

Been a customer for 10 years or more.

Changed 1 year to try the old cingular and dumped them 10 months in and gladly paid the fee to get out it was that bad.

Chas
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:10 PM 02-04-2009
Have Verizon until May of 2010 but also have an iPhone have been happy since :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:54 AM 02-05-2009
Verizon is the best in my area. My dad, brother, and my mom had Cingular/ATT. He paid the early termination fee for all 3 lines b/c they sucked so bad. They are now Verizon customers and are happy.

Verizon rocks! :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:59 AM 02-05-2009
Mmmm Veal!

MCS
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:08 AM 02-05-2009
now we're talking telecom: I want to get a cheap pre-paid simcard for my holiday, so I can send txt messages to the home front and it could be usefull for herf. What:-) my best option?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:06 AM 02-05-2009
I've been with Alltel for years. I'm talking, since cell phones were those big honkin' beige things with walkie-talkie antennas. Have had great coverage in my area and their calling plans were good. If this opens up the variety of phones and improves the network without costing me anything, then :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 06:31 AM 02-05-2009
There still slow as crap at getting the better smart phones. I also hate how they dummy their phones down so you have to pay for every little thing that other carriers let you have for free.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:41 AM 02-05-2009
Verizon has been great to me. Now, only if they would incorporate some of Alltel's pricing. :-)
[Reply]
md4958 06:43 AM 02-05-2009
Ive had Verizon since I was in highschool. The service is the best around. Thier phones are not the greatest and newest tech-wise, and thier customer service pretty much sucks. Its a tradeoff for the great reception.

Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
now we're talking telecom: I want to get a cheap pre-paid simcard for my holiday, so I can send txt messages to the home front and it could be usefull for herf. What:-) my best option?
Don, you can go into a wal-mart and buy a prepaid phone with a sim card. you could also go into a verizon store and buy one that is a little better. I have a verizon prepaid for when my cousins visit from Italy, but getting it to you might be a pain in the ass.

You should be able to use your phone here (if you have a sim card), you can go to ATT and purchase a sim card to use on thier network with your own phone
[Reply]
kayak_rat 07:01 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I've been with Alltel for years. I'm talking, since cell phones were those big honkin' beige things with walkie-talkie antennas. Have had great coverage in my area and their calling plans were good. If this opens up the variety of phones and improves the network without costing me anything, then :-)

Same here. Still have my Motorola "brick" in the closet. Alltel has always treated me well. Great customer service. Hoping this opens up more phones though.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 09:53 AM 02-05-2009
The new company will be called allrizon
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:16 AM 02-05-2009
Verizon has been good to me so far... but I just joined up in December. I was a Tmobile customer for just over 10 years, but waiting around for them to get a 3G network was like going to the dentist (I hated it).

So the question was ATT for the iphone or Verizon for the Storm... I don't care for ATT so verizon it was and I couldn't be happier with my Storm! :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:29 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Have Verizon until May of 2010 but also have an iPhone have been happy since :-)
Care to share your secret on the conversion of an Iphone???? :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:37 AM 02-05-2009
No secret :-) had/have a samsung glyde got tired of the crappy interface and also have an iPod touch, I am used to that for me it was logical to get the iPhone. After talking with Carlops I gave my old phone the most basic package which was cheaper than paying the $175 cancellation fee. I love my iPhone, also found an easy way to create ringtones for it :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:38 AM 02-05-2009
Ah! So you have both. Understandable actually. Thought you had found some magic voodoo to make the Iphone compatible with VZW LOL
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up