Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>P90X.......................man am I a puss
kgoings 06:12 PM 02-03-2009
I remember my days in the military when I could knock out 100+ push ups without a break..like NOTHING!

I started P90X yesterday cause I am like 60 lbs over weight....I am totally embarrassed of how out of shape I am. I couldn't finish the first CD yesterday and today Plyometrics royally kicked me in the ass...I stopped with 20 minutes left and put in the StretchX CD cause I hurt so bad...... I guess this is my P90X diary...keep me honest peeps
[Reply]
karmaz00 06:13 PM 02-03-2009
i heard it was very difficult...good luck to ya
[Reply]
Cigary 06:29 PM 02-03-2009
Wait til you get my age and getting out of bed is a moral victory!
[Reply]
massphatness 06:35 PM 02-03-2009
What's a push up?
[Reply]
dunng 06:36 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
What's a push up?
:-) So I'm not alone... :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 06:42 PM 02-03-2009
Good luck. Keep Pushing it.
[Reply]
Yazzie 07:13 PM 02-03-2009
Keep at it and you will be amazed at your progress in a few weeks :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:15 PM 02-03-2009
let us know how this goes. I watched the infomercial the other day and was intrigued.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:24 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Wait til you get my age and getting out of bed is a moral victory!
Huh? Get out of bed??? :-)

Oh yeah. Smoking in bed isn't good. My bad. :-)
[Reply]
GoodFella 07:28 PM 02-03-2009
now this is good news. i have been wanting to get this DVD cus i need to get a better work out.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:22 PM 02-03-2009
Make sure you do the pre-assessment evaluation (not only to make sure you're fit enough to dive right in, but also to mark your progress as you improve) and follow the nutrition plan. The eating regimen is key.

Good luck, Kirk--it's an ass kicker.
[Reply]
kgoings 05:01 PM 02-04-2009
So today was arms and shoulders along with ab ripper x. I was able to finish the shoulder and arms, had to adjust my weights a couple times but I was able to do all the reps. Ab Ripper X ripped me again, I had to stop with 7 minutes left due to muscle failure...couldnt do it anymore.

man I sweat my butt off, so far so good...
[Reply]
Volt 05:26 PM 02-04-2009
I heard there os a "plain" P90 no X, for those way out of shape. I'd have to start with that one. Go for it, and luck.
[Reply]
kgoings 05:28 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
I heard there os a "plain" P90 no X, for those way out of shape. I'd have to start with that one. Go for it, and luck.
never heard of the plain P90, the P90x has 3 workouts, the classic, the doubles and the lean. And then there is a p90x plus...dont know about that.
[Reply]
kgoings 12:29 PM 02-05-2009
I look like a tin man walking around...my hammys and thighs hurt, and so do my tri's so I am kinda walking stiff legged and stiff armed LOL

I think tonight is YogaX, hopefully that will stretch me out good.
[Reply]
doctorcue 02:31 PM 02-05-2009
Good luck with Yoga... that is like 60+ minutes of Yoga pain. Good pain; but like trembling muscles yoga position holding pain. Doesn't get easy until your day off.
[Reply]
piperman 02:59 PM 02-05-2009
Well i must be a wuss too, because I use the WII Fit. :-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 03:14 PM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
Well i must be a wuss too, because I use the WII Fit. :-)

That b*tch kicks my a*s!
[Reply]
phidelt076 04:23 PM 02-05-2009
I've struggled with the P90x workouts so far. I bought the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells and started doing some light work with those to get everything loosened up before starting the program.

Day 1 (1/26/09) - Chest & Back - Although I sucked at it, I did make it through the workout. I didn't have the balance for the Ab workout but struggled through the entire workout doing what I could.

Day 2 - Plyometrics - This destroyed me! I'm in a 3rd floor apartment so I set a TV up down in my garage so I didn't piss anybody off with all of the jumping. I wanted to quit after the warmup but I made it through 40 minutes of the workout. Barely made it back upstairs to my apartment.

Day 3 - Woke up extremely sore from the C&B workout 2 days prior. My right elbow was swolen and I couldn't bend it past 90 degrees.

Day 3-5 - I stuck to the meal plan and just did HIIT on the eliptical and exercise bike.

Day 6 - Did the shoulder and arms workout. I did pretty good with this one but I did skip the tricep specific moves. My elbow was OK and the swelling was gone but didn't want to push it too much.

Day 7 - Stretch DVD - I loved this one. I couldn't believe how much better my entire body felt after this.

I deceided to restart the program at this point thinking I was past the injuries.

Day 8 - Chest & back - I doubled up the time on the warmups thinking that maybe not warming up enough caused my elbow problem in week one. Sharp pain in my left shoulder cut this workout short. Started the ab DVD and got a sharp pain in my lower abs in the first moves. Just wasn't my day I guess.

Day 8 was this Monday and I've only been doing the HIIT since then. Still have a pain in my lower left ab but it seems to be going away.

This program is definately brutal! My pants are fitting better already though so I guess it's been somewhat worth it.
[Reply]
Chompers 04:31 PM 02-05-2009
I've always wondered what happens after you completed this program..

Since the whole goal of the program is muscle confusion, do you just start a regular workout program after you have completed this one? Or do you continue to use the same program?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up