Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Rare cigar find
fuubar 05:12 PM 02-03-2009
Today I was grabbing lunch while on the naval weapon station in SC and I decided to hit a little golf shop. When I was looking around I noticed the had a small desktop humidor so I decided to check it out. When i looked in I was surprised to see a "special" cigar that is much "beloved" on this forum. They had half a box of cremosa tubos and 2 other don nobody cigars. I never knew they even made cremosa tubos but I asked the owner about it and he told me that they sell well. He even likes them...

I think I'm going to have to gift him some cigars out of my travel stash to try and show him what a better stick tastes like.

I've never seen a cremosa actually sold and the sad part is I'm temped to buy one just to see how bad they can really be. Through B&M recommendations I've managed not to smoke a bad cigar yet.
[Reply]
white_s2k 05:14 PM 02-03-2009
Hmmm, never seen a Cremosa tubo either. Couldn't find anything online about them either..

Just curious, how much were they selling for?
[Reply]
fuubar 05:18 PM 02-03-2009
They are 5 bucks. Much more than I would actually want to pay for a cremosa (thats not saying much though). I still may pick up 1 or 2 for the hell of it though.
[Reply]
brigey57 05:44 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by fuubar:
They are 5 bucks. Much more than I would actually want to pay for a cremosa (thats not saying much though). I still may pick up 1 or 2 for the hell of it though.
Stay at never smoking one and you'll thank me someday!:-)
[Reply]
Bax 05:56 PM 02-03-2009
I'm with you, the curiosity may just get the better of me someday.
[Reply]
karmaz00 05:56 PM 02-03-2009
sound like a nice find
[Reply]
JKim 06:21 PM 02-03-2009
The tube is worth more than the price of the cigar... :]. would make a great gift/bomb, replace the cremosa with a better cigar and send it off. :]
[Reply]
SmokinApe 06:23 PM 02-03-2009
Pics!!!1
[Reply]
fuubar 06:46 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by JKim:
The tube is worth more than the price of the cigar... :]. would make a great gift/bomb, replace the cremosa with a better cigar and send it off. :]
That is a good idea. I get to destroy my cigar innocence and trick someone else too :-)

Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Pics!!!1
I'll pick up a few of em tomorrow but i'm on travel with the navy for the next 2 weeks so I may not be able to get a camera until I get back.
[Reply]
AD720 06:47 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Hmmm, never seen a Cremosa tubo either. Couldn't find anything online about them either..

Just curious, how much were they selling for?
Maybe?

http://www.specialtycigars.com/Cremo...EYS2aXaaO1jiax

I'd call first.

[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:50 PM 02-03-2009
DONT BUY IT, your taste buds and stomach will thank you
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:54 PM 02-03-2009
all in the name of good research :-)
[Reply]
groogs 07:01 PM 02-03-2009
I don't think I would call that a good find.:-)
[Reply]
Fumador 07:16 PM 02-03-2009
I have never heard of the Cremosa Tubos and I am not they exist. I would say they are probably fakes!
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:27 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Fumador:
I have never heard of the Cremosa Tubos and I am not they exist. I would say they are probably fakes!
Someone making a fake cremosa? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:02 PM 02-03-2009
Friends don't let friends smoke Cremosas. :-)

Well, Dave does...but that was for laughs and valuable premiums. :-)
[Reply]
skeeter 07:26 PM 02-06-2009
I have to wonder how many of the folks that bash Cremosa's have actually smoked one.
It gets tiresome reading posts that just follow the "guru".....believe it or not you may have different tastes than the most prolific posters here.
This is not an endorsement of this particular cigar....more an indictment of the "pilot fish" mentality.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 05:45 AM 02-07-2009
I'd find a better golf shop.

Originally Posted by skeeter:
I have to wonder how many of the folks that bash Cremosa's have actually smoked one.
One here.
[Reply]
Gone Dave 06:31 AM 02-07-2009
Originally Posted by skeeter:
It gets tiresome reading posts that just follow the "guru".....believe it or not you may have different tastes than the most prolific posters here.
This is not an endorsement of this particular cigar....more an indictment of the "pilot fish" mentality.
one here!:-) just light the 5 dollar bill, it will taste better,and smoke finer:-):-)
[Reply]
rizzle 07:09 AM 02-07-2009
Originally Posted by 68trishield:
all in the name of good research :-)
SCIENCE!!!
:d
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up