Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>I <3 you guys!
Darrell 08:55 AM 01-28-2009
Someone once told me that my job required me to leave all of my friends behind and not to speak to them, I can’t do that. You guys are the reason that I’m here, I’m lucky to have most of you as friends.

Seriously.
[Reply]
kzm007 08:59 AM 01-28-2009
Awkward group hug in three, two...one! :-)

There's no true hug smiley, what gives?
[Reply]
taltos 08:59 AM 01-28-2009
Darrell, I have been considering stepping up after reading Chip's post this morning. Is it impossible to go over there to help the newbies and maybe mitigate some of Jon's actions and still keep friends here?
[Reply]
yellowgoat 09:11 AM 01-28-2009
that's real cool of you D.
cheers to ya!

that place is for the fishes.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:14 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Darrell, I have been considering stepping up after reading Chip's post this morning. Is it impossible to go over there to help the newbies and maybe mitigate some of Jon's actions and still keep friends here?
Unfortunately, it is impossible. If you have never taken any of my posts as fact, please take this one. If you decide to question what I’m saying and pursue the position, it was great talking with you – as you will be forbidden to come here again.
[Reply]
DBall 09:14 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:

It seems tricky... how many people around are as kind as Tom (icehog) & Dave (Klugs)? Think about that, then think about helping manage a forum that could allow itself to scramble their passwords (not even having the decency to ban them outright).

Jon's actions are the polar opposite of brotherly, and that's what (in my opinion) this hobby is about.
[Reply]
madurolover 09:14 AM 01-28-2009
Hey D, sorry I couldn't warn you earlier.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:25 AM 01-28-2009
I must have blinked at the wrong time. Still confused. Things are happening quickly.
I'm glad you are still here Darrell.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:25 AM 01-28-2009
Glad your here Darrell:-)
[Reply]
croatan 09:26 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Unfortunately, it is impossible. If you have never taken any of my posts as fact, please take this one. If you decide to question what I’m saying and pursue the position, it was great talking with you – as you will be forbidden to come here again.
I assume you mean that Jon is forbidding his mods from here? Because we aren't going to forbid anyone from doing anything.
[Reply]
poker 09:26 AM 01-28-2009
RED LIGHT!!!! STOP!!!
Please correct me if I am reading this wrong, but there will be absolutely no "forbidding" anyone here at the Asylum who just lends a helping hand at Puff.
[Reply]
DBall 09:29 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
RED LIGHT!!!! STOP!!!
Please correct me if I am reading this wrong, but there will be absolutely no "forbidding" anyone here at the Asylum who just lends a helping hand at Puff.
I read it as Jon was prohibiting people who chose to be mods there from being active participants here...
[Reply]
madurolover 09:30 AM 01-28-2009
Kelly, I think Darrell is saying that Jon expressly forbid him to come to this site. I know he mentioned to me in a PM the other day that he was going to have to discuss this with all of the mods.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:30 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
I read it as Jon was prohibiting people who chose to be mods there from being active participants here...
Thats how i read it
[Reply]
Darrell 09:32 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by madurolover:
Kelly, I think Darrell is saying that Jon expressly forbid him to come to this site. I know he mentioned to me in a PM the other day that he was going to have to discuss this with all of the mods.
Donnie is correct.

Jon forbid me to come to CA and to talk to any of my friends here. He said he wanted a “hardcore” mod team with no ties to any other cigar board or it’s members.

I said **** that.
[Reply]
Andyman 09:38 AM 01-28-2009
Wow! I never knew Puff was an occult dressed up in a snobby cigar site disguise. I guess I was brainwashed! :-)
Donnie is correct.

Jon forbid me to come to CA and to talk to any of my friends here. He said he wanted a “hardcore” mod team with no ties to any other cigar board or it’s members.

I said **** that.

[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:42 AM 01-28-2009
Been quite a whirlwind for you lately, bro!

To paraphrase Henry... "you are my friend... period." :-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 09:42 AM 01-28-2009
What are you even doing over there, Big D? We need you here!
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:42 AM 01-28-2009
Someone once told me that my job required me to leave all of my friends behind and not to speak to them, I can’t do that. You guys are the reason that I’m here, I’m lucky to have most of you as friends.

Seriously.
I could do it...but I'm a jerk like that!

j/k I <3 you all
[Reply]
bobarian 09:49 AM 01-28-2009
An interesting 24hours to say the least. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up