Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>A little suction for a couple giants that do it ri
shilala 03:34 PM 01-10-2009
I get tons of smokes from Famous and Cigars International.
I've easily received 100 orders from the 2 combined, actually I'm sure it's quite a bit more than that.
I have yet to ever have a single problem. The only thing I can think of that was ever remotely close to negative is that one box of Estebans I got recently had a cracked foot on the box.
I didn't care at all, of course, because I just throw boxes in a big rubbermaid and give them to whoever will take them.
I'm willing to bet that if I had taken exception, they'd have sent me a new box immediately.

I just made this post because the big guys that do it right seldom get any stroke.
I could not be more pleased with the products and service I've gotten from CI and Famous. I've never been shipped dry cigars, and they're usually pretty close to perfect, ready to smoke.
I've never been shipped a cigar that was less than perfect.
In this day and age, it's hard to come by a big company that gives a sh1t about anything but my money.
It's nice to know there's a couple big outfits that are still concerned that I get what I paid for, and see to it that I get it.
I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, there's BOTL at the wheel of both ships. :-)
/suction
[Reply]
FrequenC 03:41 PM 01-10-2009
Well said Scott :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:42 PM 01-10-2009
:-)
[Reply]
md4958 03:44 PM 01-10-2009
:-)
[Reply]
CigarDood 03:52 PM 01-10-2009
I like the folks at CI. I ordered a humidor from CI that didn't work well, and they were very good about handling the return and refund.
[Reply]
Footbag 03:58 PM 01-10-2009
Ditto for me on CI. I've even visited both of their stores which are equally impressive.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:16 PM 01-10-2009
I also have bought a lot from CI but not as much from Famous. I have always been very pleased. Props....
[Reply]
Jason 05:57 PM 01-10-2009
I posted a review of their (CI) customer service awhile back on another board after receiving a box of AVO maduros that were bone dry. That's the only problem I've ever had with them and they took care of it, full refund on the box and even told me to smoke one to make sure they were dead.

CI is great, never bought a thing from famous, good to know they're there.
[Reply]
shilala 06:01 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by Jason:
I posted a review of their (CI) customer service awhile back on another board after receiving a box of AVO maduros that were bone dry. That's the only problem I've ever had with them and they took care of it, full refund on the box and even told me to smoke one to make sure they were dead.

CI is great, never bought a thing from famous, good to know they're there.
I always play the two against each other.
Famous tends to have a lot of value-added deals that CI doesn't, like free cigars, free samplers, free lighters, etc.
So I always check both of them before pulling the trigger.
Aside from the extra nummies, their prices are usually within a buck or two of each other. All things being equal, I go with whoever has the freebie going on. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 06:01 PM 01-10-2009
I agree. There are a few more that I've also been very happy with, but Famous and CI keep sending me these damn emails with great deals that I keep ordering!
[Reply]
G G 06:02 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I also have bought a lot from CI but not as much from Famous. I have always been very pleased. Props....
Hafta agree with Brent, I haven't bought tons of stuff but have ordered from CI quite a few times with absolutely no problems.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:15 PM 01-10-2009
I've used both also but tend to go to Famous first . There web site isn't as slick as CI's but I just like Famous better . Of the 2 I think CI is probably bigger and does more volume . :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:26 PM 01-10-2009
I also do a lot of business with CI, not Famous yet. I have yet to have an issue with anything. Service, shipping time, and selection is almost always there. Props overdue.
[Reply]
shilala 08:38 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ:
I've used both also but tend to go to Famous first . There web site isn't as slick as CI's but I just like Famous better . Of the 2 I think CI is probably bigger and does more volume . :-)
I like Famous a little better myself. More friendly, I suppose. I don't know, can't put a finger on it.
[Reply]
jaycarla 12:37 AM 01-11-2009
Agreed 100%. I could not come up with one complaint from either company. Actually if I am going NC I don't even look beyond those two.

I wish the Famous auction site would just clone Cbid though.
[Reply]
gnukfu 05:03 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:

I just made this post because the big guys that do it right seldom get any stroke.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, there's BOTL at the wheel of both ships. :-)
/suction
Scott - is it "suction and stroke" or "suction or stroke" that you're giving out? :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 08:05 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Scott - is it "suction and stroke" or "suction or stroke" that you're giving out? :-)
Both would be kinda redundant, don't you think? We're not all newlyweds, ya know.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:11 AM 01-11-2009
only complaint I have about Cigars International is the name. What were they thinking when they chose the name? "hey, let's call it cigar INTERNATIONAL and ship US only". They should have gone with Cigar America, that would be closer to the truth.
[Reply]
Jason 08:47 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
only complaint I have about Cigars International is the name. What were they thinking when they chose the name? "hey, let's call it cigar INTERNATIONAL and ship US only". They should have gone with Cigar America, that would be closer to the truth.
They bring international offerings to US citizens. Once again all you foreigners have your perspective ass backwards!

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 09:00 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by Jason:
They bring international offerings to US citizens. Once again all you foreigners have your perspective ass backwards!

:-) :-)
That was my take on it. Well, except for the whole foreigners bit. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up