Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>My Daughters New Set of Wheels...
MarkinAZ 10:11 PM 04-04-2015
She's 19 1/2 yrs of age, working full-time, saving boo-coo amounts of cash, and she signed a lease (along with me), laid down a nice sum for the down, and somewhere between April 11th and the 20th, she'll be driving away in the following:

A 2015 Subaru WRX AWD, manual shift, and she's estatic. Pays for her own auto insurance and the whole 9 yards. Really proud of her. Of course, dad will get to test drive it too (at least a few times):-)

I'll post some photo's of the actual car once she picks it up (it'll be the same color as the above sample pix)...
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:14 PM 04-04-2015
Nice ride!
[Reply]
Remo 10:41 PM 04-04-2015
I see tickets in her future :-)
[Reply]
markem 10:47 PM 04-04-2015
Sweet ride!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:31 PM 04-04-2015
Originally Posted by Remo:
I see tickets in her future :-)
She has a great smile and blue eyes:-):-)
[Reply]
G G 12:16 AM 04-05-2015
:-)
[Reply]
dijit 04:25 AM 04-05-2015
Kick ass ride and sounds like a great kid too.
[Reply]
rr_coyote 06:19 AM 04-05-2015
I'm jealous. I've got a 2011 WRX and those new ones are just.. sharp!
[Reply]
pnoon 08:23 AM 04-05-2015
Nice ride, Mark.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 09:13 AM 04-05-2015
Very nice. She will be happy with that one.
[Reply]
Ogre 10:38 AM 04-05-2015
Sweet ride
[Reply]
bonjing 11:33 AM 04-05-2015
She picked a nice car Mark!
[Reply]
hotreds 11:57 AM 04-05-2015
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:02 PM 04-05-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Nice ride, Mark.
Maybe she'll let dad drive it to SoCal Peter (NOT!!!):-)

[Reply]
RWhisenand 01:06 PM 04-05-2015
Nice cars those WRX's. I've raced against a few and they are very capable. I'm going to assume that my son will one day be into sports cars, both my wife and I race MX and various SCCA events including Trials and Solo. When he is ready to drive he will attend one or more of these:

http://www.scca.com/about/?cid=44408

There is no way I'd put a teenager into a car as capable as the WRX without formal aggressive/defensive driving skills. If you weren't aware of this type of training please follow the link and get her signed up.
[Reply]
bonjing 01:23 PM 04-05-2015
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
Nice cars those WRX's. I've raced against a few and they are very capable. I'm going to assume that my son will one day be into sports cars, both my wife and I race MX and various SCCA events including Trials and Solo. When he is ready to drive he will attend one or more of these:

http://www.scca.com/about/?cid=44408

There is no way I'd put a teenager into a car as capable as the WRX without formal aggressive/defensive driving skills. If you weren't aware of this type of training please follow the link and get her signed up.

Is there something like what you mentioned for older drivers? I've seen the skip barber and others like it but they are close to $1500 and for only one day. Personally I don't think that kind of thing can be learned in one day.

Also do you know anything about the SRT experience that dodge offers. It's about $700 for the day but I'm not sure what they teach. I see that they teach racing but they don't mention anything about loss of control or things like that.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 01:30 PM 04-05-2015
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Is there something like what you mentioned for older drivers? I've seen the skip barber and others like it but they are close to $1500 and for only one day. Personally I don't think that kind of thing can be learned in one day.

Also do you know anything about the SRT experience that dodge offers. It's about $700 for the day but I'm not sure what they teach. I see that they teach racing but they don't mention anything about loss of control or things like that.
Yes the SCCA offers a program for adults called PDX, or performance driving experience. I've been to them for several years. I stay away from brand sponsored events as they are allowing you to basically drive a de-tuned super car on a track with little instruction rather a "get as many people through" mentality.

I've raced SCCA trials on full sized tracks, and often when I'm getting flat I'll take a PDX course in order to ride with an instructor and see how I can improve.

The one thing about PDX is you'll need your own car, but any sports sedan or so will do fine.

Edit, I agree, most kids go through several one day courses, like I said in my first post, he will attend one or more of these most likely more!

Oh one more edit, a PDX weekend costs about $300 or so for two days. Of course you'll be driving your own car, Skip Barber and others provide the car hence the high cost.
[Reply]
longknocker 02:19 PM 04-05-2015
Sweet, Mark! You Should Be Proud Of Her!:-):-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:46 PM 04-05-2015
Very nice, Mark and obviously a good job of parenting. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:21 PM 04-05-2015
A 2002 WRX was the first new I car I had ever leased. A couple of younger co-workers have similar WRX as to what you post. For sure a car you want to lease, not own and she'll have a blast with it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up