Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Unemployment hinders me
smokinbabe 10:21 AM 11-20-2014
I am unemployed newbie to cigars and once I pay my bills, funds for cigars are limited. I would like to buy some of the samplers online but can't afford to buy anything. I browse and drool over the cigars wondering what some may taste like. I feel like a kid in a candy store but am too poor to buy.

I even made a humidor out of a cigar box and made a humidifier from an old pill bottle that i drilled holes in and put damp cotton balls in it. I don't have a hydrometer so I have no idea what the humidity is like in my ghetto humidor. there are two cigars in it right now.

Just venting but what's an unemployed girl to do?
[Reply]
massphatness 10:24 AM 11-20-2014
I'd start by posting on job boards instead of cigar boards, but that's just me.
[Reply]
dave 10:30 AM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by smokinbabe:
I am unemployed newbie to cigars and once I pay my bills, funds for cigars are limited.
If you have even limited funds for cigars while unemployed, it sounds like you're doing ok.

I'm fully employed, but I only have limited funds for cigars, too. I like the handle...but...was 'mooch' already taken?
[Reply]
sigsauer 10:40 AM 11-20-2014
PM sent
[Reply]
pektel 10:51 AM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I'd start by posting on job boards instead of cigar boards, but that's just me.
^What this guy said. I'd be much more concerned with finding employment than looking for cigars.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 10:55 AM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by smokinbabe:
I am unemployed newbie to cigars and once I pay my bills, funds for cigars are limited. I would like to buy some of the samplers online but can't afford to buy anything. I browse and drool over the cigars wondering what some may taste like. I feel like a kid in a candy store but am too poor to buy.

I even made a humidor out of a cigar box and made a humidifier from an old pill bottle that i drilled holes in and put damp cotton balls in it. I don't have a hydrometer so I have no idea what the humidity is like in my ghetto humidor. there are two cigars in it right now.

Just venting but what's an unemployed girl to do?

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:25 AM 11-20-2014
Are you located in the Midwest? Pop by my place for a cigar and an adult beverage, I'm gainfully employed and have plenty.
[Reply]
Remo 11:26 AM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Are you located in the Midwest? Pop by my place for a cigar and an adult beverage, I'm gainfully employed and have plenty.
:-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:32 AM 11-20-2014
Wow, I have been here since the week after the beginning of it ALL, and I have NEVER seen something
like that. There is a lot of human interest in it, the story of the homemade humidor just like most of us
made in the beginning, the pre-holiday poignancy of an allusion to a child looking into a candy store with
envy, wonder and sadness. The perfect crime. I also think you should drop by The Admiral's place. After
that one time, he almost NEVER accidentally brings home a woman that turns out to be a man. He'll check
you out.

All that said, the reason I joined the original board that ended up being tossed for this wonderful concoction,
was some poo-flinging buttwipes at Cigar Afishing-knotto that would not LET UP about me being this person
that they had run out on a rail some time before. No matter what I said, they just started howling louder
about me trying to fool them again. SO be who you are lady, come out and live free in the light.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:36 AM 11-20-2014
[Reply]
dijit 11:47 AM 11-20-2014
I was expecting a message like this from REMO. Whats up with that? :-):-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 11:57 AM 11-20-2014
Nice review.
[Reply]
sigsauer 12:12 PM 11-20-2014
tried to help out...
I was un-employed for 7 months...really sucks..
sent pm
no answer...oh well...I tried.
[Reply]
OLS 12:51 PM 11-20-2014
Most one-post folks don't know they HAVE messaging here, lol.
[Reply]
hotreds 01:41 PM 11-20-2014
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 01:45 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
tried to help out...
I was un-employed for 7 months...really sucks..
sent pm
no answer...oh well...I tried.
Well she's certainly not busy at work. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 01:58 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
Well she's certainly not busy at work. :-)
I feel terrible for laughing so hard at this.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 02:33 PM 11-20-2014
Her two cigars must be Moncadas. She's heard how wonderful they are.:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:39 PM 11-20-2014
I just "celebrated" my one-year anniversary of unemployment, so feel her pain. Still, that said, I would never consider venting this way, especially as an introduction.

Not criticizing, just baffled.
[Reply]
shilala 03:21 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I just "celebrated" my one-year anniversary of unemployment, so feel her pain. Still, that said, I would never consider venting this way, especially as an introduction.

Not criticizing, just baffled.
Sounds like you need some smokes. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up