Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>If you don't do anything else today......
irratebass 12:38 PM 10-07-2014
Call this # 719-266-2837

You're welcome

Post what option you chose, I chose #6
[Reply]
pnoon 12:44 PM 10-07-2014
For those that are curious before they call, I googled and found this:

"December brings cold weather and dreary days, but 80s pop stars Hall & Oates have an answer for it: a Hall & Oates emergency helpline.

If you call 719-266-2837 - better known as 719-26-OATES -- you reach the Hall & Oates emergency helpline and have an option of four different songs to choose from.

The four options are: One on One, Rich Girl, Maneater, and Private Eyes.

No one knows exactly when this helpful phone line was created, but many are likely capitalizing on it now.

So if you've had a particularly bad day today, why not call and listen to the smooth 80s sounds of this awesome band. The only way it could be better is if You Make My Dreams was an option."
[Reply]
czerbe 12:49 PM 10-07-2014
Best thing I have done in a while!!! I picked option #1
[Reply]
irratebass 01:16 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
For those that are curious before they call, I googled and found this:

"December brings cold weather and dreary days, but 80s pop stars Hall & Oates have an answer for it: a Hall & Oates emergency helpline.

If you call 719-266-2837 - better known as 719-26-OATES -- you reach the Hall & Oates emergency helpline and have an option of four different songs to choose from.

The four options are: One on One, Rich Girl, Maneater, and Private Eyes.

No one knows exactly when this helpful phone line was created, but many are likely capitalizing on it now.

So if you've had a particularly bad day today, why not call and listen to the smooth 80s sounds of this awesome band. The only way it could be better is if You Make My Dreams was an option."
Peter!!!! Ya ruined it......."This is why we can't have nice things Pepper!"
[Reply]
Steve 01:17 PM 10-07-2014
:-)
[Reply]
dave 01:19 PM 10-07-2014
Not gonna call, but will admit that while I publicly ridicule their 'music', privately they are a 'guilty pleasure'.....I'm so ashamed
[Reply]
icehog3 01:37 PM 10-07-2014
I got 8 options and "Rich Girl" wasn't one of them :-)
[Reply]
dave 01:41 PM 10-07-2014
That would piss me off!
[Reply]
jjirons69 01:41 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by dave:
Not gonna call, but will admit that while I publicly ridicule their 'music', privately they are a 'guilty pleasure'.....I'm so ashamed
Shhhh :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 03:01 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Peter!!!! Ya ruined it......."This is why we can't have nice things Pepper!"

I just figured I wouldn't call a number I didn't know what was on the other end - (at least from my cell phone). Sort of like "here, click this link" without knowing.

Never meant to spoil the surprise.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 03:42 PM 10-07-2014
I wish I could divert certain calls to this number... Actually, maybe with google voice I can... Oh...My...God
[Reply]
markem 03:45 PM 10-07-2014

I just figured I wouldn't call a number I didn't know what was on the other end - (at least from my cell phone). Sort of like "here, click this link" without knowing.

However, since periodically the idea of a new "Rick Rolling" prank becomes vogue, I would not have called it unless Peter had put up the info.

They would not let me select a value of pi.
[Reply]
T.G 04:23 PM 10-07-2014

Wait, didn't you know that there was a Nigerian Prince at that number who would be willing to share his millions of dollars with you if you just gave him your SSN, birthdate and bank account numbers so he could do a wire transfer?
[Reply]
pnoon 04:35 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
Wait, didn't you know that there was a Nigerian Prince at that number who would be willing to share his millions of dollars with you if you just gave him your SSN, birthdate and bank account numbers so he could do a wire transfer?
Well $hit! If I knew that, I might not have to spend the remaining 60 days at work.
[Reply]
markem 04:38 PM 10-07-2014
Well $hit! If I knew that, I might not have to spend the remaining 60 days at work.
Notice that he said, "at work" not "working" :-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 12:12 AM 10-08-2014
Retirement looming, Peter?
[Reply]
galaga 10:36 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Looming :-)

That's all he ever talks to Carl about.........:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 11:46 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Yep.
Originally Posted by galaga:
Looming :-)

That's all he ever talks to Carl about.........:-)
You betcha!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:23 PM 10-08-2014
Yep.

You betcha!
Congratulations :-)
[Reply]
dijit 01:27 PM 10-08-2014
What brand of tires is he getting retired with?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up