Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Bought a Quadcopter
kgoings 06:55 PM 06-09-2014
I bought a Hobsan X4 h107l on amazon ($54 including same day shipping) Its kinda tiny.

But its SUPER cool! It starts up in Normal mode, where the controls are not as sensitive. Pretty easy to fly. I took it to the park with my daughter who is 13 and she was able to fly it fairly good.

I put it in expert mode, and it responds great! And I turned off the Anti-Flip mode and tried my had at some flips...I did a couple but it is pretty difficult to control coming out of the flip.

I don't have any RC experience beyond cars. If I can get a video Ill post it. You can search Hubsan X4 on youtube and see some good pilots haha. You can get a version with a camera too.

The battery only lasts 7 minutes which is typical with these lower end copters. Takes about 30 to 45 minutes to charge...you can buy extra batteries for about $5.
[Reply]
TXSmokey 07:22 PM 06-09-2014
Cool! I always like playing with the little air hogs helicopters
[Reply]
bonjing 09:26 AM 06-10-2014
I've been wanting one myself. How has it been holding up to crashes?
[Reply]
357 09:30 AM 06-10-2014
All I can think about with seeing that thing is how I know I would have terrorized my parent's cat with it when I was a kid. It used to climb to this perch on top of the cupboards above the fridge to get away from us kids. He could watch most of the house from there and be free from kids trying to mess with him. This little toy would have changed all that.
[Reply]
dave 09:35 AM 06-10-2014
Had something much larger flying around my housing development the other night. Was after dark, but the craft had bright green and red lights on it. It hovered around a square block area for about 15-20 min. No idea where the controller was or what type, if any, sensors were on board. Creeped me out a little. Can't imagine the civilians in communities that have drones overhead 24/7.
[Reply]
stearns 09:46 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by dave:
Had something much larger flying around my housing development the other night. Was after dark, but the craft had bright green and red lights on it. It hovered around a square block area for about 15-20 min. No idea where the controller was or what type, if any, sensors were on board. Creeped me out a little. Can't imagine the civilians in communities that have drones overhead 24/7.
I was at a concert last summer where there was something similar, bright lights and cool flying maneuvers. that thing could go for a distance as well, it would fly way out of sight then back and hover over the audience. never did see it land, may have been an alien, but probably a big quad copter :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 09:57 AM 06-10-2014
It is handling real well after crashes. My daughter has smashed it into a light pole, a fence, the ground multiple times. etc.

It comes with extra props, and you can buy more as well. It also is completely rebuildable if you break it. The parts are cheap.

Yea there are some really advanced ones out there. Some of them you just put in a course on your computer, put it down and send it off. It flys by itself. Which I think kind of defeats the purpose.
[Reply]
dave 10:19 AM 06-10-2014
Unless your purpose is to fly over fences, around corners and video the chick in the shower through her window 2 blocks away.....or follow your teenager on a Saturday night....I'll get over it, I suppose, but I'm not real comfortable with this technology being available to anyone with $54 and an Amazon account.....or at least the 'more advanced' ones. The palm-size toy for the backyard or the playground is fine with me.....for now... :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:21 AM 06-10-2014
Curious how far the radio range is and does your experience seem to meet with the advertised rage?

Obviously, being the size of your palm, it's not like you can fly it that far away and still see it, but still nice to know.
[Reply]
T.G 10:22 AM 06-10-2014
Unless your purpose is to fly over fences, around corners and video the chick in the shower through her window 2 blocks away.....or follow your teenager on a Saturday night....I'll get over it, I suppose, but I'm not real comfortable with this technology being available to anyone with $54 and an Amazon account.....or at least the 'more advanced' ones. The palm-size toy for the backyard or the playground is fine with me.....for now... :-)
Pull!
[Reply]
dave 10:26 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
Pull!
I like the sentiment....I'll have to check with the brick of a book that my HOA gave me
[Reply]
T.G 10:31 AM 06-10-2014
I like the sentiment....I'll have to check with the brick of a book that my HOA gave me
Pressure washer with a 0-degree (straight stream) nozzle.
[Reply]
OLS 10:42 AM 06-10-2014
If it doesn't make it back, they can't tell who shot at it...well some can, they record video to an Ipad.
But if I see one hovering over my yard it is a goose. I don't give a crap how much someone paid for it.
[Reply]
kgoings 02:04 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
Curious how far the radio range is and does your experience seem to meet with the advertised rage?

Obviously, being the size of your palm, it's not like you can fly it that far away and still see it, but still nice to know.
Range is 100m, its too small to fly that far away. As far as the rage, yea I think its freakin cool! My daughters love it too, its fun to fly around. And a cheap way to get into RC flying in a small area. Park flyers and such require a much larger area to practice. And the 'skills' to fly both are similar.

And in regards to some other posts. There is no video on this one. And the ones with video your not going to be sneaking up on anyone...these things are pretty noisy. The FPV ones are pretty cool as you can fly it using a screen on your remote. Im not into recording anyone lol.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:28 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by bonjing:
I've been wanting one myself. How has it been holding up to crashes?
Buy us some for the next herf!
[Reply]
OLS 05:05 AM 06-11-2014
Yeah, I knew yours was not video enabled. And I have not seen any drones around me.
Although someone on the sidewalk likes knocking down my fake surveillance camera that
looks down along the sidewalk. Now that the dog is slowing down, I have to be more
vigilant around here. Looks like a fun deal you got there, though.
[Reply]
Brlesq 05:58 AM 06-11-2014
Neat gadget. Now you need to put a basket on it and have it bring you a beer and a stogie.
[Reply]
kgoings 08:40 AM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by Brlesq:
Neat gadget. Now you need to put a basket on it and have it bring you a beer and a stogie.
For sure!
[Reply]
shilala 09:20 AM 06-11-2014
I was gonna get a big one for my GoPro, but they say they wander off at least 30% of the time. Once I saw that, I just wasn't feeling it as hard.
One of those little buggers looks like fun. :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:17 PM 06-11-2014
I have this one, and it's pretty fun.

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-Channel-2...7SSQVPW90BXP5Q
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up