Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>CI Knock-offs
WhiteMamba 07:02 PM 03-27-2014
I have been looking at Cigars International and see these different cigars that are advertised as being comparable to big brands. Do any of you guys smoke these, and are they any good? Obviously, there are different brands but I am asking more in general. TIA
[Reply]
Ogre 07:16 PM 03-27-2014
I really like the Red (Perdomo). Cant say I like all of them though.
[Reply]
Lockspur 07:44 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by Ogre:
I really like the Red (Perdomo). Cant say I like all of them though.
Larry, you're talking about the CI Legends series. He's talking about this.

A friend of mine bought some...and we weren't impressed.
[Reply]
Remo 08:12 PM 03-27-2014
I would pass on those, there are plenty of cheap smokes that are very tasty and not knock-offs, check out the cheap smokes thread :-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:24 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
I have been looking at Cigars International and see these different cigars that are advertised as being comparable to big brands. Do any of you guys smoke these, and are they any good? Obviously, there are different brands but I am asking more in general. TIA
Save your money, they're not even close to the name brands.
[Reply]
Remo 08:42 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
Save your money, they're not even close to the name brands.
Ask Ted :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:18 PM 03-27-2014
ummm, yard gars... Or ummm, I should say.... dog rockets....

There are good smokes out there for cheaper prices, and they are excellent smokes.

El Rey del Mundo Robustos - wrapped in tissue are a great example.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:29 PM 03-27-2014
Haha ok thanks guys that's pretty much what I figured but you never know until you ask. Now I know
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:07 AM 03-28-2014
Skip the knock-offs, go for the "Seconds". The AJ Fernandez ones are damned good. The Ligero-Laced Seconds are Cains; the "D" is the Daytona, "F" is Cain F Habano, etc. If you like Cains they're definitely worth a try; I can't tell the difference between the seconds and the "regular" ones.

And as others have said, here's a great thread with recommendations for inexpensive yet tasty smokes: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643
[Reply]
Dude Here 10:31 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Skip the knock-offs, go for the "Seconds". The AJ Fernandez ones are damned good. The Ligero-Laced Seconds are Cains; the "D" is the Daytona, "F" is Cain F Habano, etc. If you like Cains they're definitely worth a try; I can't tell the difference between the seconds and the "regular" ones.

And as others have said, here's a great thread with recommendations for inexpensive yet tasty smokes: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643
Seconds are definitely the way to go. Cruise the devil site for bundles. Two of my favorites are the Rocky Patel Vintage seconds and the Man o Wars. Both tasty sticks that can be had for under $50 per bundle.
[Reply]
ripper 11:14 AM 03-28-2014

James is right. The Ligero-Laced seconds are a good deal. I like the M -- for maduro.
Yinz might check out CI's Perdomo Mistakes -- called a Milenario in the maduro wrapper.
[Reply]
jjirons69 12:31 PM 03-28-2014
Second the seconds.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:33 PM 03-28-2014

Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Second the seconds.
I do not know how many seconds you can get on seconds, but I second the recommendation for seconds.

However, my wife usually won't let me go for thirds, she tells me, "You've had enough!"
[Reply]
Lockspur 04:44 PM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I do not know how many seconds you can get on seconds, but I second the recommendation for seconds.

However, my wife usually won't let me go for thirds, she tells me, "You've had enough!"
Which is one of the reasons we like to party with the good Reverend. :-)

I forth the seconds. AJ overruns, Ligero-laced 2nds and Man O War 2nds are all very tasty.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:59 AM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

:-):-):-) thanks guys for the recommendation on the seconds. I have been wanting to give the Daytona's a try maybe I'll get some of the seconds to try.
[Reply]
baust55 01:37 PM 06-05-2014
I bought a mazo of 15 Maduro Toro Rocky Patel EDGE 2NDS from Holts for $29.95 free shipping .

Austin
[Reply]
Thrash 07:07 PM 06-11-2014
I've tried the CI knockoffs. I tried the Cohiba knockoff, and it had a funny aftertaste. They are still in the humidor because I won't smoke them. I don't recommend them.
[Reply]
usafvet509 07:19 AM 08-04-2014
Second, Thrash. I did enjoy the Macanudo knock offs, just kept in mind they were not going to taste like an unbanded Mac. At $2 a stick, they are ok. Cohibas, though... yeah, I thought they were kinda funky, too. I bought a couple corona LGC knockoffs at a B&M, and they were awful. I think thats on the B&M, though, as it had to be stripped and cleaned of mold.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 10:13 AM 08-04-2014
Tampa Sweethearts No. 500. They come in bundles of twenty for $2.42 per stick and they're delicious. I haven't tried their other vitolas, but I will.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 07:16 PM 08-04-2014
I've seen a lot of people talk about Tampa sweethearts when do you get them?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up