Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Yard GARS
azar 07:31 PM 03-12-2014
Alright we hear about every ones favorite maduro's, camaroons and such.
But what is your favorite cheap gars that you have during yard work that if you forget about it you are not out much just good ole kick around that you have just because?

I have Argile's from holts, and cigar.com's well from cigar.com.
What is yours?
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:43 PM 03-12-2014
Jose Piedra, Quintero, Fuente Curly Heads, or pretty much any petit corona I can get my hands on.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 07:45 PM 03-12-2014
Here's some good reading material regarding cheap smokes

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=Cheap

Me personally, I'll reach for Quintero Brevas or some Partagas Mille Fluers. Both are solid smokes for golf, yard work, etc. I don't mind too much if I have to pitchy them halfway through.
[Reply]
mikesr1963 08:15 PM 03-12-2014
I don't have a habit where I have to smoke a cigar while working in the yard. I only have a cigar when it's leisure time and reserve it for my weekends or holidays. I've always maintained that and I feel I must maintain that type of control. If you're selling cigars for a living I guess you don't want to read such things.
[Reply]
Simple1 08:17 PM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
Jose Piedra, Quintero, Fuente Curly Heads, or pretty much any petit corona I can get my hands on.
X2
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:46 PM 03-12-2014
Illusione Rothchildes
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:55 PM 03-12-2014
Monte Gran Reservas .. usually pitch them about 2/3 of the way down, get kind of tired of them fast.
[Reply]
Pinoyman 09:04 PM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Monte Gran Reservas .. usually pitch them about 2/3 of the way down, get kind of tired of them fast.
How I wish we're neighbors Bro.!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:09 PM 03-12-2014
How i wish i had a yard :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 09:28 PM 03-12-2014
MUWAT. I have a big yard lol
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:38 PM 03-12-2014
1492's
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:41 PM 03-12-2014
Arganese Connecticut or Tabacas Baez SF.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:57 PM 03-12-2014
Real answer: arganese maduro, tat petit casadorez, and baccarat.
[Reply]
8zeros 10:00 PM 03-12-2014
If I'm outside smoking a cigar and the weather's nice I will probably start doing something. If I'm out doing yard work I'll probably want a cigar at some point. I smoke what I got. Don't suppose I get as much work done that way. Oh well... Last weekend it was a Partagas 898, one of my favorites.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 11:00 PM 03-12-2014
I like the Nicaraguan Ligero-Laced 2nds from CI for yard gars. Liga 'D' No. 4 (Corona) is pretty much a Cain Daytona and makes for a great easy going smoke while doing yard work.
[Reply]
dvickery 01:00 AM 03-13-2014
never done "yard" work and smoked a cigar ... to me ... cigars are all about comfort/relaxation/reflection not digging/mowing/trimming/bucking ... kinda why I never smoke outside either :-) .

derrek
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:36 AM 03-13-2014
Closest i have is "work gars" when i have some time to sit outside and smoke, but it's about unwinding and relaxing for a break, in that case el principe or boli pcs
[Reply]
Django 04:28 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by mikesr1963:
I don't have a habit where I have to smoke a cigar while working in the yard. I only have a cigar when it's leisure time and reserve it for my weekends or holidays. I've always maintained that and I feel I must maintain that type of control. If you're selling cigars for a living I guess you don't want to read such things.
:-)

But then again; if this is considered work and I did it in the yard, during yard work I would smoke all types of cigars (but still mostly CC's) :-)
[Reply]
dijit 05:10 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by dvickery:
never done "yard" work and smoked a cigar ... to me ... cigars are all about comfort/relaxation/reflection not digging/mowing/trimming/bucking ... kinda why I never smoke outside either :-) .

derrek
To me cigars about making anything more enjoyable. Yard work, shooting sports, my terrible golf game, even my long drive to work fall into that category. The other times of relaxation and reflection are just a given.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:53 AM 03-13-2014
I don't have a habit
Neither do I, I have a hobby.

where I have to smoke a cigar while working in the yard.
I don't HAVE to smoke one, but I enjoy having one while doing yard work. As I'm mucking around in the yard the cigar may get dropped, knocked around, fall into water, etc., so I choose a cigar that has minimal value but still has some flavor. Hence, a yard gar.

I only have a cigar when it's leisure time and reserve it for my weekends or holidays. I've always maintained that and I feel I must maintain that type of control. If you're selling cigars for a living I guess you don't want to read such things.
I'm not breaking balls here, but I see these types of posts on here sometimes and wonder why reply in a "Yard GARS" thread? It's like going into the "Gin" thread solely for the purpose of saying "Yuck, I don't like Gin. If I'm going to have a drink it'll be Scotch!"
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up