Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you put humidification in your travel humi?
Yep, always 51 39.84%
Nope, never 24 18.75%
Depends on how long I'm OTR (on the road) 53 41.41%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Do you put humidifying devices in your TRAVEL humi
tedrodgerscpa 07:46 PM 12-16-2008
Just curious if anyone puts humidification devices in their travel humidors. I would suspect that some living in more arid environments would (or those resorting to long-term storage in a travel humi)

For the record, I don't if I'm out for a week or less.

p.s.... did a search and couldn't find anything definitive, but I'm curious as to what you do on the road
[Reply]
rockyr 07:56 PM 12-16-2008
I always have, even on short trips - like to your house :-)

I guess that's not really necessary given our average climate.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:58 PM 12-16-2008
If I am gone for less than a week, no.

Over a week, yes.

Usually just let the sticks do the work unless it is going to be a long trip, kind of like a dry box. :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 07:58 PM 12-16-2008
Always have and always will. I like my cigars humidified
[Reply]
dunng 08:00 PM 12-16-2008
Depends on how long I will be gone... The Cigar Caddy's have a GREAT seal! :-)
[Reply]
str8edg 08:04 PM 12-16-2008
I use Boveda packs in my travel cases always. When you travel in the arctic you could get stuck places for weeks... I don't like taking chances!
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:09 PM 12-16-2008
my small travel humi has a small humidifier. I fill it up with a small amount of distilled. Since a cigar rests right under it when the lid is closed I have to make sure to rest the humidifier on a paper towel for a few minutes to make sure no water will leak.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:09 PM 12-16-2008
It depends on how long the trip is. I'll throw a humi puck in the cigar caddy for trips longer than a weekend.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:09 PM 12-16-2008
Travel humi??

You mean like packing out for Iraq or a weekend with the boys??

:-)
[Reply]
Vitis 08:10 PM 12-16-2008
For a few days, i don't use anything for humidification in the cigar caddy. Ive had a terrible time using the little sponge thing so now for longer trips I use a tube of beads.

~Vitis
[Reply]
Tenor CS 08:13 PM 12-16-2008
In my 5 and 10 ct caddies, I use heartfelt humidity sheets.

In my 18 ct, I'll use sheets or a 1oz tube of heartfelt beads. My 18 ct. came with a boveda, but I have yet to open it.

I also have been known to use humi-care water pillows in a makeshift tupperdor.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:22 PM 12-16-2008
I always use humidification even if it's just a night out. I usually use this device made my JRs which looks like a credit card but you soak it in distilled water and it acts like a humidifier. I just slide it on the side of the trays so all levels get some source of moisture.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 08:56 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by rockyr:
I always have, even on short trips - like to your house :-)

I guess that's not really necessary given our average climate.
Speaking of...

LINK

[Reply]
brigey57 09:13 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:
Just curious if anyone puts humidification devices in their travel humidors. I would suspect that some living in more arid environments would (or those resorting to long-term storage in a travel humi)

For the record, I don't if I'm out for a week or less.

p.s.... did a search and couldn't find anything definitive, but I'm curious as to what you do on the road

[Reply]
stearns 09:16 PM 12-16-2008
scotty gave me a mini bag of beads last time i bought from him, i think .9oz, perfect for my 10ct travel humi

stearns
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:20 PM 12-16-2008
Freezer bag with double ziplock. Less than a week in above 25% humidity and I don't worry about it.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:10 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
If I am gone for less than a week, no.

Over a week, yes.

Usually just let the sticks do the work unless it is going to be a long trip, kind of like a dry box. :-)

I just got back from a 2 week trek thru the Caribbean for work - I got a real nice Pelican case set up recently and usually will take a pillow with me.
[Reply]
rsamos 03:24 AM 12-17-2008
My travel humi is one of the smaller Pelicans, so a Boveda lives under the foam. Since it's all air tight, they last a long time in there. In fact, I'm still on the same pack. Should last 6-8 months at a shot, then I'll just replace it.
[Reply]
imthegoal 03:57 AM 12-17-2008
I used to be concerned with humidity in my pelican case but I tossed in one of digital hygros on one of my trips with ho humidification on one of my trips. It didnt change much at all over the 2 weeks. That made my mind up for me.
[Reply]
troutbreath 04:13 AM 12-17-2008
I usually do, and my travel 'dor is usually where I am smoking from -- rarely get to go straight from the home humi to the flame. I will touch up the internal humidifier with distilled for short trips, but I do notice that sometimes the sticks directly under that spot will occasionally have a wierd burn in the middle. I have always assumed that they get over-humidified during their time in the box.

I probably need to put in less H2O, or maybe just touch it up every other trip.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up