Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>who can identify this gurkha for me?
Don Fernando 12:42 PM 12-14-2008
I smoked a gurkha tonight, but I don't know which one it is:

The cigar is quite dark, 6 inch long and ring 50. The band has little letters 'g g g g g g g g g g' below the drawing of the warrior.
[Reply]
bigloo 01:31 PM 12-14-2008
I believe that is a Gurkha Master Select. I have had/enjoyed many Gurkhas but never that one. How was it?
[Reply]
borndead1 01:40 PM 12-14-2008
I believe that is the new Gurkha Limited Edition Select Anniversario Master's Reserve Gold Legend Symphony Royal Platinum Vintage Brigade Grand Signature Quadruple Ligero Nepalese Titan Beast Warrior. :-)

I keed, I keed. I don't think too many of their cigars are cedar wrapped, so that could narrow it down.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 01:53 PM 12-14-2008
Heh, I was believing you until about halfway through... :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:09 PM 12-14-2008
Master Select, my fav. Gurkha
[Reply]
Cigary 02:09 PM 12-14-2008
The titan is cedar wrapped,,,I have a box of them and they are sooooo goooood!

Originally Posted by borndead1:
I believe that is the new Gurkha Limited Edition Select Anniversario Master's Reserve Gold Legend Symphony Royal Platinum Vintage Brigade Grand Signature Quadruple Ligero Nepalese Titan Beast Warrior. :-)

I keed, I keed. I don't think too many of their cigars are cedar wrapped, so that could narrow it down.

[Reply]
UPHOTO 02:14 PM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel:
Heh, I was believing you until about halfway through... :-)
Me too! :-)

Sorry for the high jack but I can't identify this one either..

Anybody??

Better view of the band

[Reply]
massphatness 02:30 PM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by UPHOTO:
Me too! :-)

Sorry for the high jack but I can't identify this one either..

Anybody??

Better view of the band

Royal Brigade
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:32 PM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by bigloo:
I believe that is a Gurkha Master Select. I have had/enjoyed many Gurkhas but never that one. How was it?
the guys & girls in chat thought it was a master select too, so I think it is.

well, never been a Gurkha fan, never had one that was good but this one surprised me in a good way.
[Reply]
workinonit50 02:35 PM 12-14-2008
I have had several Gurkhas, but the master select is the only I have liked so far.
[Reply]
Chris. 02:48 PM 12-14-2008
I liked the class regent nepalese warrior. I have another gurkha sitting in my cooler. I can't rememebr which it is off hand though. I want to try the symphony and the Legend.
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:15 PM 12-14-2008
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 03:21 PM 12-14-2008
That Masters Select is pretty good, and you can get them for a deal at JR on occasion. I have only tried that one and the Class Regent -- got a box of those for $89 a few months ago. Also have some Legends, I think -- they need some easier names.

The Gurhka website has pictures of all their sticks, but is not the easiest to navigate, IMHO.
[Reply]
godzilla 03:32 PM 12-14-2008
The first picture is 100% a master's select. I have a few in my humidor. The second picture is a royal brigade perfecto.
[Reply]
Volt 03:55 PM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by bigloo:
:-) Pretty good cigar... Not as earthy and dark as most of the others.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 05:12 PM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I liked the class regent nepalese warrior. I have another gurkha sitting in my cooler. I can't rememebr which it is off hand though. I want to try the symphony and the Legend.
Haven't had either the Master Select or Royal Brigade, but Nepalese Warriors are pretty good. I've got a few others in my humidors that I haven't smoked yet.
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:46 PM 12-14-2008

Now that's funny!
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:22 PM 12-14-2008
The Royal Brigade is probably the best Gurkha I've tried.... FWIW :-)
[Reply]
godzilla 12:04 AM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
The Royal Brigade is probably the best Gurkha I've tried.... FWIW :-)
Yeah it is one of the only Gurkha's that i like. For some reason, when I first light them I get a taste of toasted marshmallows or something. Very good.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:03 AM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
the guys & girls in chat thought it was a master select too, so I think it is.

well, never been a Gurkha fan, never had one that was good but this one surprised me in a good way.
Now Don, you should know better than to trust the guys and girls in chat! :-)

Jason
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up