Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Fathers Day Cigars??
Gabe215 08:15 PM 06-12-2013
Hey all. It being fathers day this weekend I was starting to wonder what I was smoking and thought I'd live to hear what everyone is smoking. Im going to Sea Isle City NJ (Jersey Shore) Friday afternoon to Sunday morning to celebrate with my girlfiends family. Then Sunday I'm going to my parents house, (which I am in the process of buying due to them wanting to downsize)in the Philly suburbs, watching the final day of the US open which is being played at Merion CC which is walking distance from our house, with my father and biggest role model. Obviously my little 3 year old Muchkin Zoey will be there along with my GF, Brother, grandmother and mom, So here's what I have planned and here's what I'm smoking:

Friday- Tat La Verite 2009 Churchill
Saturday- Fuente Hemmingway Untold Story (huge maduro only hemmingway)
Sunday- Ashton ESG 20 Year Solute

Feel free to talk about your plans also!!
[Reply]
RWhisenand 08:24 PM 06-12-2013
I'll be taking my MIL to the airport for her return trip home after a one month visit. There is no greater present then that which I will recieve upon her departure.
:-):-)

My cigar for after we get home is a HdM Epicure with about 4 years of age.

My wonderful wife got me an impact socket set, and an IR 1/2" air impact wrench. Pretty cool for a home mechanic!
[Reply]
Ciro 06:39 AM 06-13-2013
I get the joy of getting up at 6:30AM to bring my son to Seaside NJ for a 9:00AM Beach Soccer Tournament. But I will be rewarding myself later that night with a LP #9 Flying Pig.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:42 AM 06-13-2013
Plenty of dark & yummy goodness for me. :-) :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:43 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Plenty of dark & yummy goodness for me. :-) :-)
Noooooooo. Reallly?

Who'd a thunk it?

:-)
[Reply]
equetefue 07:30 AM 06-13-2013
I will be looking for Anejo Sharks and hopefully smoking a few while grilling.
[Reply]
czerbe 07:40 AM 06-13-2013
I will have to try and smoke my Fathers day stick on Saturday I will be at the final round Of the U.S. Open on Sunday and I'm pretty sure I can't smoke there. But I have an Opus X "A" that has been calling my name or maybe a Shark... who knows! Happy Fathers day to all you dads out there
[Reply]
E.J. 07:41 AM 06-13-2013
I am not sure, but golfing early on Fathers Day and sure I will have more than my fair share, out there in the grass!

In preparation for that, I plan on having 4-5 between now and then....not common for me, but there is a lot going on...celebration wise(son's birthday party), Dog Day ect....smok 'um, if you got 'um....
[Reply]
E.J. 06:57 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I am not sure, but golfing early on Fathers Day and sure I will have more than my fair share, out there in the grass!

In preparation for that, I plan on having 4-5 between now and then....not common for me, but there is a lot going on...celebration wise(son's birthday party), Dog Day ect....smok 'um, if you got 'um....
Oh....and Good God, is't my 10 year Anniversary....:-)

Headley Grange Esp & Tat Regios Reserva tonight.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:19 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by czerbe:
I will have to try and smoke my Fathers day stick on Saturday I will be at the final round Of the U.S. Open on Sunday and I'm pretty sure I can't smoke there. But I have an Opus X "A" that has been calling my name or maybe a Shark... who knows! Happy Fathers day to all you dads out there
Corey, I wouldn't be so sure you can't smoke there... I was at Congressional in 2011 and I was one of many "patrons" smoking cigars. I will be at Merion on Saturday and will be taking a couple of tubos in case I can smoke them. The Spectator Guide doesn't say you can't, whereas when it was at Torrey I think they specified it was a no no.

Not sure of Friday or Sunday (generally smoke what speaks to me when i open the humi) but will probably take the following on Saturday (all A/T):

Siglo VI
RyJ Churchill
Monte Tubo

Don't have a lot more A/T to choose from, but I'm sure those will do. :-)
Hopefully I can smoke them! :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:52 PM 06-13-2013
Didn't even think about it until I read this post. I have a laundry list of sticks that I have been trying to make my way to lately but free time has been very limited. Decisions, decisions...
[Reply]
MrClean 08:13 PM 06-13-2013
Going to the B&M Friday with some coworkers. I'm sure I'll buy a couple of Fathers Day presents for myself :-)
Saturday will be spent at the amusement park, getting tossed around like a rag doll on the roller coasters.
Sunday will be spent burning a few sticks. Only one I know of for sure will be the God of Fire I bought last year.
[Reply]
tsolomon 05:25 AM 06-14-2013
At the top of my list for the weekend.
RASS
BBF
H. Upmann Connie 1 or MAG 46
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 05:57 AM 06-14-2013
Like John, I hadn't even considered this question yet with the whirlwind of things going on lately. I might do the Mac Vintage Maduro 97 that's been napping for about a year. Sunday I'll be down in Alexandria VA so if all goes well, maybe I'll track down a B&M for something nice.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:31 AM 06-14-2013
I can get to feeling better.... probably a Padron Family Reserve.
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:58 AM 06-14-2013
Sit in backyard, ice tea and a T52
[Reply]
E.J. 06:01 PM 06-14-2013
Friday has been 2011 Tat TAA & Quesada Espana Robo
[Reply]
longknocker 06:23 PM 06-14-2013
I Have To Work 'Til 7P, Sunday, But I'll Be Having A Cold Brew & Aged Anejo When I Get Off!:-):-)
[Reply]
E.J. 06:55 PM 06-14-2013
Ahhhh...Anejo, Good call...have some old Sharks in there somewhere... Good call!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:39 AM 06-15-2013
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Corey, I wouldn't be so sure you can't smoke there... I was at Congressional in 2011 and I was one of many "patrons" smoking cigars. I will be at Merion on Saturday and will be taking a couple of tubos in case I can smoke them. The Spectator Guide doesn't say you can't, whereas when it was at Torrey I think they specified it was a no no.

Not sure of Friday or Sunday (generally smoke what speaks to me when i open the humi) but will probably take the following on Saturday (all A/T):

Siglo VI
RyJ Churchill
Monte Tubo

Don't have a lot more A/T to choose from, but I'm sure those will do. :-)
Hopefully I can smoke them! :-)
I Would Think You Could Smoke At The Open; I Know You Can At The Masters. Enjoy, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up