Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Recommendations for bundles/cheap smokes from Atlantic Cigar
bstarrs 01:09 PM 05-31-2013
Hi all. I'm looking to get some cheaper smokes for yard work, bonfires, bbqs, etc this summer. I have to order from Atlantic since I am from Canada. So could you guys suggest some of their bundles/cheaper smokes if you have experience with them?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help, it's much appreciated.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:11 PM 05-31-2013
601 Blue
[Reply]
Simple1 01:22 PM 05-31-2013
Fuente Curly Heads
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:23 PM 05-31-2013
Perdomo Lot 23 are good, also the 601 blur like Derrick said. Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 are good as well.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:34 PM 05-31-2013
The OP requested suggestions from ATLANTIC

I would advise to tread lightly in the bundled NC realm. As you have primarily smoked Cuban cigars you may not find cheap bundled smokes cannot touch Guantanamera's for taste. And that's not saying a lot. If you are still enjoying Habanos, I would suggest a few samplers or 5-packs rather than whole bundles that you may smoke 1 or 2 and end up tossing the rest.

There are also several CC's that are in the bundle price range although they are usually smaller smokes. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:39 PM 05-31-2013
They have a Alec Bradley SCR Robusto 20-Pack for $60, at about 3 bucks a stick you can't go wrong, and if you like NCs, Alec Bradley are usually well constructed and have decent burns, at least from the few different sticks of theirs I have tried.

I didn't link the page, not sure if that's allowed but you can search the Atlantic site for those.

Edit: I was only looking at NCs*
[Reply]
688sonarmen 01:42 PM 05-31-2013
Ohhh, I thought he said Atlantic, not Atlantic! Sorry Bob. Well, 601s are pretty good then even for a not cannot NC cigar.
[Reply]
bstarrs 02:13 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by bobarian:
The OP requested suggestions from ATLANTIC

I would advise to tread lightly in the bundled NC realm. As you have primarily smoked Cuban cigars you may not find cheap bundled smokes cannot touch Guantanamera's for taste. And that's not saying a lot. If you are still enjoying Habanos, I would suggest a few samplers or 5-packs rather than whole bundles that you may smoke 1 or 2 and end up tossing the rest.

There are also several CC's that are in the bundle price range although they are usually smaller smokes. :-)
I know full well that the bundled sticks won't be wowing me or anything, just the other day I found myself smoking a RASS while mowing the lawn because it is one of my cheaper CC's. I'm just looking for something plain and simple so I'm not breaking the bank and wasting all my Cuban stock.

Are Quorums gross? Atlantic also has something called Blue Ribbon by Drew Estate, are they any good? Oh and I also should have said that I have next to no experience with NC's, I've been solely a CC smoker thus far.

And thanks for all the help thus far guys!
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:17 PM 05-31-2013
Quorums are HORRID!! Stay away from them at all costs.
[Reply]
Lockspur 03:04 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Quorums are HORRID!! Stay away from them at all costs.
This.
[Reply]
TXRebel 03:06 PM 05-31-2013
Flor De Oliva Maduro
[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:14 PM 05-31-2013
I used to smoke Cusano CC's a few years ago and liked them.
[Reply]
pektel 03:18 PM 05-31-2013
Quintero CC's.
[Reply]
pektel 03:19 PM 05-31-2013
^I know they are Cuban, but they are a great cheap yard gar.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:45 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
Flor De Oliva Maduro
+1
[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:56 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
I used to smoke Cusano CC's a few years ago and liked them.
To be more clear they are an NC with CC in the name.
[Reply]
Fredo456 04:59 PM 05-31-2013
+1 on Flor de Oliva.

The Spanish Galleon Maduro is tolerable in the very cheap department.

If you're new to NCs though, you might consider samplers, which will allow you to find out for yourself which ones you like. Atlantic has a good selection. The 20 for 50 gives you a wide variety at a low cost. However, their shipping costs are pretty high: around 40 $, so you should make it count...
[Reply]
bstarrs 05:08 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Fredo456:
+1 on Flor de Oliva.

The Spanish Galleon Maduro is tolerable in the very cheap department.

If you're new to NCs though, you might consider samplers, which will allow you to find out for yourself which ones you like. Atlantic has a good selection. The 20 for 50 gives you a wide variety at a low cost. However, their shipping costs are pretty high: around 40 $, so you should make it count...
Thanks for the suggestion. Since you're a fellow Canadian I have a question. I got an email from Atlantic asking me to choose between 3 shipping options which I am sure you've gotten before. What do you normally go with to minimize chances of getting railed by customs.
[Reply]
Fredo456 07:21 AM 06-01-2013
Originally Posted by bstarrs:
Thanks for the suggestion. Since you're a fellow Canadian I have a question. I got an email from Atlantic asking me to choose between 3 shipping options which I am sure you've gotten before. What do you normally go with to minimize chances of getting railed by customs.
I always choose option 2.
[Reply]
Sadden 11:31 PM 06-01-2013
Might be better to move that to PM's. Dont need the wrong people seeing such...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up