Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>I Finally Quit Chewing Snuff.
shilala 02:07 PM 05-07-2013
After at least 36 years, I finally quit chewing snuff.
I did it by mixing my snuff with Mint Snuff (that's the brand name) in ever lowering ratios of snuff to mint. By the time I got to 2 parts mint to 1 part snuff I preferred straight Mint Snuff to the mixed stuff.

I started this effort about 6 months ago, I'm thinking. I failed the first time, it drove me nuts. I just chewed less and less until I weaned off. I couldn't stand it, it made me nuts. I didn't use the Mint Snuff.
With this Mint, I chew much less and don't desire it like I do snuff. I'm guessing I'll just stop chewing it before long.

This took a whole lot of "want to" and an immense amount of prayer and faith that it'd get done. It had nothing to do with "willpower" because I really have none whatsoever. If I had any, I'd have quit years ago. What I do know is that Christ has ALWAYS given me anything I asked for, without fail. This is just another one of those proofs.

Now I just need to not pick it back up. That shouldn't be too tough, I feel tons better and I have plenty of the Mint Snuff to hold me over. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 02:17 PM 05-07-2013
Way to go, Scott!:-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 02:18 PM 05-07-2013
Nice job Scott! I've been going through this battle for the last six months myself. It's an uphill battle the whole way. I have associated it with golf and work so whenever I'm doing those things I want it. The girlfriend doesn't like either cigars or chewing so I had to pick one. Cigars won out. Good luck with battle and switching flavors is an interested idea. May have to try that!
[Reply]
Mattso3000 02:31 PM 05-07-2013
Nice Scott, keep it up.
[Reply]
pektel 02:57 PM 05-07-2013
Awesome news, Scott! Congrats!
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 03:13 PM 05-07-2013
Great job Scott
[Reply]
icehog3 04:28 PM 05-07-2013
Good job, Scott! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 04:31 PM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Nice job Scott! I've been going through this battle for the last six months myself. It's an uphill battle the whole way. I have associated it with golf and work so whenever I'm doing those things I want it. The girlfriend doesn't like either cigars or chewing so I had to pick one. Cigars won out. Good luck with battle and switching flavors is an interested idea. May have to try that!
Pete, I don't think I made it clear that Mint Snuff is just what it says. It's 100% mint, no tobacco.
It has a nice little burn to it and it tastes really good, unlike a bunch of the other snuff substitutes out there, and there's lots of them.
There are "sampler packs" on Amazon that are pretty cheap. You should give it a try.
My neighbor quit by switching to this stuff, as well. We're both pretty stoked about it. :-)
[Reply]
EricF 04:51 PM 05-07-2013
Keep up the good work Scott!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:59 PM 05-07-2013
Congrats Scott!! Does that mean that you can send me those "crazy discounted" Copenhagen coupons now? :-)
[Reply]
big_jaygee 05:23 PM 05-07-2013
Congrats Scott keep up the good work.
[Reply]
shilala 06:26 PM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Congrats Scott!! Does that mean that you can send me those "crazy discounted" Copenhagen coupons now? :-)
LOL, I used all of those years ago, brother. I will sell you another wine cooler, though. :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 06:49 PM 05-07-2013
Congrats Scott. Not an easy accomplishment by any means. You should feel super proud of yourself.

Kudos!
[Reply]
the jiggler 08:02 PM 05-07-2013
Great testimony Scott. Blessings as you continue. You have encouraged me in my faith and given me a practical idea to try. Dip has been kicking my fanny for years. Thanks!
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:06 PM 05-07-2013
Congrats, Scott!
[Reply]
Scottw 08:07 PM 05-07-2013
Congrats Scott! Your faith and willpower are admirable for sure!
[Reply]
Zane 08:11 PM 05-07-2013
That's great! Keep up the good work!
[Reply]
E.J. 08:14 PM 05-07-2013
Excellent! Congrats!
[Reply]
racerX 09:48 PM 05-07-2013
Proud of you. Nice job
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:00 PM 05-07-2013
For me, dipping was harder to quit than cigarettes. I put down cigs fairly easy but dip lasted another year. For me I could dip whenever but only smoke in certain places. Once I finally quit, I have never looked back. Food/cigars/drink tastes better, I don't ever accidentally drink a dip cup (don't act like that hasn't happened to you), and my gums are good again.

Good for you brother, it is worth the struggle
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up