Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Partagas 150
Milvel 11:58 AM 04-01-2013
Hi new friends!

Has anyone had a partagas 150 from Cigar.com? I'd love to order from then but I'm hesitant about authenticity since the price seems kinda low compared to every other place I've found then. Any thoughts?
[Reply]
themoneycollector 12:35 PM 04-01-2013
They are very reputable. As long as you're willing to spend that amount, I wouldn't worry about ordering from them. Ofc if you really are interested in some, I'm sure some members from here could offer you some for much less than their price, wink wink.
[Reply]
Milvel 01:11 PM 04-01-2013
They are my father's favorite smoke of all time so I don't mind the price if that's what i have to pay and its the real deal. I also didn't want to hop on a new forum trying to buy/sell without peeps knowing who I am first. That's not to say I wouldn't be down at some point to buy or trade with you fine people!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:20 PM 04-01-2013
Are they the same as the 150 Anniversary that came out in like 1995?
[Reply]
Milvel 01:21 PM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Are they the same as the 150 Anniversary that came out in like 1995?
The ones on Cigar.com say they are from 1995, yes.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:49 PM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by Milvel:
The ones on Cigar.com say they are from 1995, yes.
What are you expectations?
[Reply]
Milvel 03:03 PM 04-01-2013
What are you expectations?
To not be buying a knock-off.

The last place I found these cigars they wanted $100 a piece and the very next day they were sold out..Now I find a site that has them but they only want $65 a stick (Which is great news for me if they are legit).

The reason I'm worried: The same site offers Opus X A's for $70 a stick NEW. If that's the case why wouldn't a legit Partagas 150 sell for more than $65?

Maybe I'm over analyzing the situation, but since this is all online and not in a B&M store I can't help but think something is a tad off.
[Reply]
bobarian 03:12 PM 04-01-2013
100% legit dealer. There is no way they would risk their reputation to sell a few fakes. If these meet your price parameters, I would not hesitate to try a few and see if your dad likes them. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 03:16 PM 04-01-2013
To not be buying a knock-off.

The last place I found these cigars they wanted $100 a piece and the very next day they were sold out..Now I find a site that has them but they only want $65 a stick (Which is great news for me if they are legit).

The reason I'm worried: The same site offers Opus X A's for $70 a stick NEW. If that's the case why wouldn't a legit Partagas 150 sell for more than $65?

Maybe I'm over analyzing the situation, but since this is all online and not in a B&M store I can't help but think something is a tad off.

Cigar.com is completely legit. IIRC, their Opus X prices are higher because they aren't an Opus X account and can't buy direct from Fuente, so they have to get them from other vendors who are.
[Reply]
Milvel 03:17 PM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by bobarian:
100% legit dealer. There is no way they would risk their reputation to sell a few fakes. If these meet your price parameters, I would not hesitate to try a few and see if your dad likes them. :-)
I just ordered 4... Here's hoping they are as amazing as he remembers!
[Reply]
Milvel 03:17 PM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
Cigar.com is completely legit. IIRC, their Opus X prices are higher because they aren't an Opus X account, so they have to get them from other vendors who are.
Good to know, thanks!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:35 AM 04-02-2013
Please let us know what he thinks. That's quite an old for an NC Partagas.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:58 AM 04-02-2013
I just ordered 4... Here's hoping they are as amazing as he remembers!
The Partagas 150 was an amazing smoke in the day. Remember, an aged cigar, especially one almost 20 years old, will not be the same as what he remembers.

Just smoked a couple cigars I put away when my son was born, kept them till his 18th birthday. They were incredibly good. They were not what they were however. They were smoother and some of the distinctive flavors were muted. It was like the competing flavors had learned to play well together. They were however more complex than they had been, in a very subtle way.

I would loved to have been able to go back in time and smoke one of them fresh as well as the aged one.
[Reply]
Milvel 08:48 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
The Partagas 150 was an amazing smoke in the day. Remember, an aged cigar, especially one almost 20 years old, will not be the same as what he remembers.

Just smoked a couple cigars I put away when my son was born, kept them till his 18th birthday. They were incredibly good. They were not what they were however. They were smoother and some of the distinctive flavors were muted. It was like the competing flavors had learned to play well together. They were however more complex than they had been, in a very subtle way.

I would loved to have been able to go back in time and smoke one of them fresh as well as the aged one.
I learn something new everyday! Thank you for the quality info! I never stopped to think how different a 20yr old cigar would taste compared to its own fresh version.
[Reply]
Milvel 08:52 AM 04-02-2013
Please let us know what he thinks. That's quite an old for an NC Partagas.

May I ask what."NC" means here? I've seen it in several posts as well as "HERF" and both have me confused.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 08:55 AM 04-02-2013
May I ask what."NC" means here? I've seen it in several posts as well as "HERF" and both have me confused.
NC meand Non-Cuban
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:08 AM 04-02-2013
I learn something new everyday! Thank you for the quality info! I never stopped to think how different a 20yr old cigar would taste compared to its own fresh version.
By the way, I loved the Partagas 150s fresh. I wish I would have purchased more of them and maybe even saved a couple - I didn't. And, at $65 a cigar, as much as I am curious, I am not going to splurge that much coin to find out.

I am curious to see what your father thinks. Hopefully you will update us with his thoughts.

Herf = gathering together for fellowship and cigars. Don't know where it came from, but that is the meaning of it as we have come to know it.
[Reply]
Milvel 10:25 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
By the way, I loved the Partagas 150s fresh. I wish I would have purchased more of them and maybe even saved a couple - I didn't. And, at $65 a cigar, as much as I am curious, I am not going to splurge that much coin to find out.

I am curious to see what your father thinks. Hopefully you will update us with his thoughts.

Herf = gathering together for fellowship and cigars. Don't know where it came from, but that is the meaning of it as we have come to know it.
I will let you know how it goes in October when we smoke them! Also, I purchased four so if your curiosity gets the best of you, and it's allowed here, we could work a trade of one!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:27 AM 04-02-2013
I will let you know how it goes in October when we smoke them! Also, I purchased four so if your curiosity gets the best of you, and it's allowed here, we could work a trade of one!
Trading is allowed here.

Access to the WTS/WTT sub-forums are automatically granted after a brief period of time and participation. What happens via private messages (PMs) is your own doing.
[Reply]
Milvel 10:30 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Trading is allowed here.

Access to the WTS/WTT sub-forums are automatically granted after a brief period of time and participation. What happens via private messages (PMs) is your own doing.
Coolio. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up