Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Prepare to be amazed
Bondo 287 07:14 AM 01-22-2013
How to stop 40 tons in under two seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridS396W2BY
[Reply]
macsauce13 07:23 AM 01-22-2013
Really cool demonstration!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:23 AM 01-22-2013
wow
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:55 AM 01-22-2013
Impressive!
[Reply]
xFreebirdx 07:58 AM 01-22-2013
Daaaaaang.
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:08 AM 01-22-2013
Pretty wild!
[Reply]
dave 08:09 AM 01-22-2013
Way cool. But if I'm behind that truck in my Sable.....I'm toast...lol
[Reply]
big_jaygee 08:17 AM 01-22-2013
As a truck driver I think that's pretty impressive... I would like to try it out :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:21 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by dave:
Way cool. But if I'm behind that truck in my Sable.....I'm toast...lol
Good point.
Future studies will reveal a tremendous decrease in rear end accidents by 18 wheelers thanks to Volvo's innovative break system but coincidentally, a significant increase in decapitations due to cars rear ending Volvo rigs.
Outcome:
Lawsuits against auto manufacturers for failure to take action to help prevent decapitations.
[Reply]
shilala 08:59 AM 01-22-2013
Incredible how that cab laid right over.
That's a good reason to stay out of a truck's draft far enough to see around it. I do it so I don't miss signs and drive all the way to the ocean. Plus I hate the idea of a deer coming out of those duel wheels and through my windshield.
Did you guys ever see a deer caught up in the rear wheels of a trailer? It's like a frog in a blender. A furry frog. They bounce off the bottom of the trailer, back into the wheels, chop and repeat. Wicked gross.
[Reply]
Bondo 287 09:15 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Good point.
Future studies will reveal a tremendous decrease in rear end accidents by 18 wheelers thanks to Volvo's innovative break system but coincidentally, a significant increase in decapitations due to cars rear ending Volvo rigs.
Outcome:
Lawsuits against auto manufacturers for failure to take action to help prevent decapitations.
Actually, they have. taken action to help prevent decapitations.

It will be more like "Case Dismissed" once following the truck too closely is proven and the court is lectured on the purpose of a "Mansfield Bar " , which has dismissed such lawsuits for quite a few decades now. I'm sure Big_JayGee knows what I'm talking about. The only thing you can expect is civil action for truck maintenance failure or driver disregard which would would apply to any truck / car accident regardless of manufacturer, no ?

[Reply]
CRIMPS 09:17 AM 01-22-2013
Outcome:
Sorry, I don't believe that for a second.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:24 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Bondo 287:

It will be more like "Case Dismissed" once following the truck too closely is proven and the court is lectured on the purpose of a "Mansfield Bar " , which has dismissed such lawsuits for quite a few decades now. I'm sure Big_JayGee knows what I'm talking about. The only thing you can expect is civil action for truck maintenance failure or driver disregard which would would apply to any truck / car accident regardless of manufacturer, no ?

Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Sorry, I don't believe that for a second.
:-)
Guys, read through the sarcasm.
An idea to save rear endings by rigs, causes rigs to be rear ended by cars that don't have that same technology.
Get it?
[Reply]
Blueface 09:28 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
Did you guys ever see a deer caught up in the rear wheels of a trailer? It's like a frog in a blender. A furry frog. They bounce off the bottom of the trailer, back into the wheels, chop and repeat. Wicked gross.
Scott, forget a deer. I rode along side a trailer trying to signal the driver to stop as the car that had been in front of me fishtailed and ended up going sideways on the road, right underneath the trailer, with the rear wheels of the trailer fortunately strategically against the car's A pillar, preventing the car from being crushed. That and the rain slick surface saved that driver's life. He actually walked away without a scratch.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:32 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Bondo 287:
Having been involved in automobile body repairs for many years, I am we'll familiar with all the crash safety changes that have evolved.

Trivia for anyone reading this:
Can anyone be the first to name the one primary major change that has help reduce auto occupant decapitations as result of the manufacturing process?
[Reply]
dave 09:33 AM 01-22-2013
Scott, forget a deer. I rode along side a trailer trying to signal the driver to stop as the car that had been in front of me fishtailed and ended up going sideways on the road, right underneath the trailer, with the rear wheels of the trailer fortunately strategically against the car's A pillar, preventing the car from being crushed. That and the rain slick surface saved that driver's life. He actually walked away without a scratch.
Great story.

TTIWWP! Would love to see THAT on Youtube.
[Reply]
Zane 09:43 AM 01-22-2013
Thats pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Taki 10:25 AM 01-22-2013
Impressive sir! :-)
[Reply]
Jefft72 12:37 PM 01-22-2013
Having been involved in automobile body repairs for many years, I am we'll familiar with all the crash safety changes that have evolved.

Trivia for anyone reading this:
Can anyone be the first to name the one primary major change that has help reduce auto occupant decapitations as result of the manufacturing process?
Seatbelts? Safety Glass? (edit: never mind, I believe those both qualify as technology and not really what you are asking).
[Reply]
Blueface 12:40 PM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Jefft72:
Seatbelts? Safety Glass? (edit: never mind, I believe those both qualify as technology and not really what you are asking).
Good guesses but no. Technology does have All to do with it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up