Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>USPS Click N Ship Down ???
ChasDen 10:41 PM 12-09-2008
For at least the last 2 days the Click N Ship service has been down.

I have been getting the dreaded

"This service is temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause." Message.

Tonight I see they added the following line:

In the interim, please visit one of our approved vendors; www.Endicia.com or www.Stamps.com for your shipping needs.

Anyone know if this is going to be a long term issue?

Makes you wonder since they are referring you to outside vendors :-)

Chas
[Reply]
white_s2k 10:42 PM 12-09-2008
Just checked and it's down for me as well..
[Reply]
-MG- 10:43 PM 12-09-2008
It just worked for me this morning.. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:49 PM 12-09-2008
It was spotty all day for me , but in the end I prevailed :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 11:02 PM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
It was spotty all day for me , but in the end I prevailed :-)
Same here. I almost couldn't send your package Albert...:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:50 PM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by shvictor:
Same here. I almost couldn't send your package Albert...:-)
HAHA :-)

I pmed Perry to tell him his address didn't exist, apparently it does :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 11:56 PM 12-09-2008
Pissing me off.. I have a bomb and a trade I need postage for and can't do either :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 12:00 AM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Pissing me off.. I have a bomb and a trade I need postage for and can't do either :-)
I just kept trying an eventually it went through
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:59 AM 12-10-2008
I have a pass that needs to be mailed out, and now I have to go stand in line :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 05:00 AM 12-10-2008
I was having problems Monday with the system not recognizing my zip code so it wouldn't let me make shipping labels...yesterday morning I was able to get it to print me a couple of labels. Apparently they are having problems with their online shipping system.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:07 AM 12-10-2008
I downloaded USPS Shipping Assistant 3.5 a month or so ago. It prints labels, calculates shipping costs, imports address books, consolidates all your package tracking, and pretty much runs everything that Click & Ship does except for collecting the postage payments.

I know that doesn't keep you from having to stand in line somewhere, but hopefully it will help.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:44 AM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I have a pass that needs to be mailed out, and now I have to go stand in line :-)
I have to stand in line late today too:-)
[Reply]
dunng 08:47 AM 12-10-2008
I got lucky yesterday with it... :-)
[Reply]
Stick 08:49 AM 12-10-2008
Email from the USPS this morning:

"The Postal Service website, usps.com, continues to experience intermittent interruptions to services. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing, especially at what is one of the busiest times of the year for families and business owners.

As a valued Click-N-Ship customer, we wanted to provide you with two solutions to help you ship now while we continue to work around the clock to resolve the situation.

* Open an online account with Endicia or Stamps.com, PC Postage vendors and Postal Service partners. You will qualify for a FREE, 30-day trial period, while enjoying all the benefits of printing postage and labels from your home or office. Please click here for information and to create a new account: "http://www.endicia.com/SignUp/" OR here: http://www.stamps.com/postage-online/how-it-works/

The Postal Service free package pickup service is still available and can be accessed through the website. Once you print your postage using either Endicia or Stamps.com, click over to www.usps.com/pickup and schedule the package pickup. Please remember that packages will be picked up during the next day's regularly scheduled delivery.

Please continue to check the website for service updates or call 1-800-ASK-USPS for additional information.

Thank you again for your trusting us with your business and please accept our apologies for the disruption to our internet services."

[Reply]
gnukfu 09:04 AM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
I got lucky yesterday with it... :-)
Yep me too Greg it looks like.
[Reply]
mikeyj23 10:32 AM 12-10-2008
I'm trying Endicia - the site must be bogged down with all the Click N Ship users, because it's freaking slow.
[Reply]
mikeyj23 10:38 AM 12-10-2008
Thumbs down for endicia - $10 a month, really old, crappy software and you have to prepay for postage in at least $10 increments rather than paying for what you use.
[Reply]
JE3146 12:49 PM 12-10-2008
This is really getting frustrating...
[Reply]
D_A 07:31 AM 12-11-2008
Finally got through this morning. They still have the interruptions warning up on the home page, so I don't know if it's up for good or I got lucky.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:41 AM 12-11-2008
I received the same e-mail as Stick yesterday morning.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up