Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>How long do you wait?
Mister 03:47 AM 11-27-2012
How long do you let your new arrivals sit before you dig in? I bought a box of Liga Undercrowns in Sept and their just starting to develop some of the flavors I remember from the brick and morter singles I've had. That said, after about a month the Comacho Triple Mad's that came as a Famous Freebie have settled nicely and I'm getting some great flavors off of those.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:53 AM 11-27-2012
John: I Usually "Rest" My New Smokes At Least 3 Weeks Before Smoking One. It Depends On The Cigars. Olivas Are Better After 2 Years, IMO. I Like To Smoke My Cigars @63-65% RH & It Takes About 3 Weeks For Me To Get Them All Around That RH.:-) :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 04:25 AM 11-27-2012
I try to let mine sit for a couple weeks. I want my cigars to be able to be in my 65% atmosphere for a bit before smoking them.
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:37 AM 11-27-2012
Lately I've been waiting 2-3 months before I touch them.
I've found it makes a huge difference, not just in taste, but in how I regard a box.
There are some boxes I tried a stick from ROTT and was disappointed.
Though those boxes have improved with time, they are still some of the last cigars I reach for.
[Reply]
never_enough 05:53 AM 11-27-2012
That depends. Somtimes its however long it takes me to open the package.:-) Other times, it might get tossed in with the rest so I conveniently forget about it for a few months.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:40 AM 11-27-2012
I always tell myself I will wait a few weeks but ussually grab one right away. My collection is relatively small though so the thought of a new smoke is really tempting and impossible to forget about.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 08:49 AM 11-27-2012
I'm in the same boat Shane, excitement usually prevails. That said, I'm upgrading my humi and building up my stock so hopefully I'll be able to improve my patience soon.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:52 AM 11-27-2012
I Will try to shoot for a month. At first it was hard.. But I seem to be able to do that now.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:57 AM 11-27-2012
I let everything "new" sit at least 30 days before smoking.
[Reply]
Ogre 11:02 AM 11-27-2012
I go for a month, but that does vary with the age of the cigar to begin with.
[Reply]
CoreyD 11:42 AM 11-27-2012
i smoke 1 within a few weeks off the truck. i hide some if its not a box so they rest. if its a box and something i really enjoy its a go to stick then when theres a few left i change it up.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:12 PM 11-27-2012
I try to wait at least a month. Sometimes I'm successful. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 05:44 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
John: I Usually "Rest" My New Smokes At Least 3 Weeks Before Smoking One. It Depends On The Cigars. Olivas Are Better After 2 Years, IMO. I Like To Smoke My Cigars @63-65% RH & It Takes About 3 Weeks For Me To Get Them All Around That RH.:-) :-)
I think every cigar I've seen Greg smoke has come from brown celophane (if it was in celophane to begin with) :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:53 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by Steve:
I think every cigar I've seen Greg smoke has come from brown celophane (if it was in celophane to begin with) :-)
:-) Those Are The Ones "Lost" In The Bottom Of The Humis, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
Brlesq 06:06 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I try to wait at least a month. Sometimes I'm successful. :-)
:-)

Ditto.
[Reply]
Mister 05:29 PM 11-28-2012
Yeah, when I get a new box, it's hard if not impossible to leave them be until they've settled in. I think their just starting to get "good" when I've smoked the last.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:55 PM 11-28-2012
I usually smoke one ROTT and then the rest go in the freezer for a couple days before the humidor. How long do they sit then? Who knows. I have some cigars that sat a month before smoking the first, and then there are others which sat longer. In the meantime, I have some cigars in my humidor which are approaching 10 years old or more.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:38 PM 11-28-2012
2 weeks more or usually not less.
[Reply]
the jiggler 08:03 PM 11-28-2012
I'm in the same boat with some of the other fellows. Not a lot of discretionary funds to buy boxes with. The singles and fivers usually sit for at least three weeks. Looking forward to the day when I can burn one out of a box every few months or so and see how they change.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:21 PM 11-28-2012
Really depends if it's a CC or NC. Most NCs I always dig in and smoke one ROTT and let the rest sit for a month or two. CC's I tend to leave sealed in cellophane for at least a couple of months. I always tell myself I'm not opening this until next year, that never happens.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up