Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Thanksgiving Plans?
Remo 07:41 PM 11-16-2012
What does everyone have going? I know it's a bit early but I am off for the next 10 days (might go in on Mon. but doubt it) I am fishing on Tues. locally then heading to my wife's family house on Wed. and get some fishing in on Friday in Wyo. Your holiday plans?
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:44 PM 11-16-2012
I am having my family come visit me... First holiday I have celebrated at my house...
[Reply]
Remo 07:44 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
I am having my family come visit me... First holiday I have celebrated at my house...
Very cool :-)
[Reply]
JoeCool87TC 07:59 PM 11-16-2012
First Holiday Season with an "empty nest"; it's gonna get a little lonely not doing the "traditional" things with the kid.

We'll probably have a smoked turkey breast for Thanksgiving and who knows what for Christmas.
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:05 PM 11-16-2012
BBQing a 125+ pounder for my dad's family + extended (large 80+ folks) early Thurs morning for Thurs supper. Smoking a few turkeys, too. Then off to Black River outside of Georgetown to set cat lines and fish Fri thru Sun with my Pops and half a dozen friends and family. Yearly tradition for over 30 years now.
[Reply]
Remo 09:06 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
BBQing a 125+ pounder for my dad's family + extended (large 80+ folks) early Thurs morning for Thurs supper. Smoking a few turkeys, too. Then off to Black River outside of Georgetown to set cat lines and fish Fri thru Sun with my Pops and half a dozen friends and family. Yearly tradition for over 30 years now.
Now that's a good time :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:10 PM 11-16-2012
Just a small gathering at my sisters (6-8 of us). She's cooking the turkey, I'll be bringing a side dish or two.
[Reply]
sevans105 09:29 PM 11-16-2012
Small group on Thanksgiving, then off to Black Friday sale-ing with Dani. Home Depot, best buy and Menards (local Home Depot kinda thing) are doing some crazy sales....new TVs, tablets for kids, air compressor for me...all kinds of good stuff. Then recovery, cigars and booze until big family gathering at Dani's dad's. He usually tries too hard making something cool that it winds up kinda nasty (standing rib roast cooked to perfection, then drowned in an AWFUL sauce -so bad...totally covered all that great meat) so we'll see what he ruins this time.
[Reply]
jluck 09:34 PM 11-16-2012
I'm working thanksgiving....and still expected to attend two dinners...:-)
[Reply]
MrWolf55 09:43 PM 11-16-2012
The traditional dinner at my parent's house. Sister is coming in from Baltimore and it should be a nice full house. Will probably pass out some smokes after we've all eaten, probably Fuentes. Then pull an all nighter and go black friday shopping early in the morning :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 11:53 PM 11-16-2012
Doing Thanksgiving at our house for about 15 people,
including the boy & daughter-in-law, her parents & several friends.
2 turkeys & all the accompaniments, followed by port, sambuca & cigars.

Friday we'll have a leftover party for another crowd, followed by
shots of maalox.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:06 AM 11-17-2012
Dinner at parents house. Along with 30 family members.

I usually spend a lot of time sitting outside because it gets so freaking hot in the house.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:16 AM 11-17-2012
Friends are coming in town to visit that we haven't seen in a few years...going to go out and enjoy dinner.
[Reply]
Catfish 08:37 AM 11-17-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Friends are coming in town to visit that we haven't seen in a few years...going to go out and enjoy dinner.
ditto. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 01:11 PM 11-17-2012
Going to fry up a mess of turkeys Thursday morning. Our house has started to become my wife's family dinner place on Thanksgiving since her aunts have gotten elderly. I am hoping to fish a little on Friday if the weather clears up (as far away from Black Friday idiots as I can get) anf then probably be working Sat and Sun. My office is right next to a large mall, so I am NOT coming in on Black Friday, but I had another project dropped in my lap that somehow got left behind until the "OMG we gotta get this done, what's Steve working on?" moment. BTW, did we mention it has to be out in 2 weeks?

But hey, job security!
[Reply]
LockOut 01:56 PM 11-17-2012
i go in at 0700 for a 24. so who knows where ill be or what ill be eating.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:58 PM 11-17-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I'm working thanksgiving....and still expected to attend two dinners...:-)
where do you work?

I'll be heading down to Cali to see my family and in laws.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:01 PM 11-17-2012
Family, food, booze and cigars. My cousins dig an after dinner cigar with me on Thanksgiving.
[Reply]
Remo 02:19 PM 11-17-2012
No Black Friday for me, I let my wife talk me into that once, never again!! I will be fishing :-)
[Reply]
Remo 02:19 PM 11-17-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
i go in at 0700 for a 24. so who knows where ill be or what ill be eating.
Hate having to work the holidays, but I guess that's what we signed up for.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up