Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>New cigars
Cville Cigar 04:45 PM 11-14-2012
When buying single cigars of a "new" brand or size to you, how many do you buy-2,3,4, or more??:-)
[Reply]
iaMkcK 04:48 PM 11-14-2012
Typically I try and get a 5er, but if I am strapped for cash -- I get a single. If I enjoy it.. 5er. I've only gotten one box so far, and that was FFPs. lol
[Reply]
mkarnold1 04:52 PM 11-14-2012
I usually get 2 at least. Definitely depends on price.
[Reply]
jluck 04:54 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by Cville Cigar:
When buying single cigars of a "new" brand or size to you, how many do you buy-2,3,4, or more??:-)
Depends where I get them. Cbid,(singles) I get at least two but I like five packs to really get the "taste" for a particular cigar. I have really enjoyed a cigar at the first and did not care for the same one later when smoked in different conditions(and vice versa).
[Reply]
iaMkcK 05:07 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I have really enjoyed a cigar at the first and did not care for the same one later when smoked in different conditions(and vice versa).
Yeah, that's what always scares me about a cigar. Sometimes I'm really libated and enjoying great company and the cigar is just spot on amazing. Then I smoke another one out of the 5pack a week later and go "Why was I saying this is the best cigar I ever smoked?"
[Reply]
sevans105 05:49 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by iaMkcK:
Yeah, that's what always scares me about a cigar. Sometimes I'm really libated and enjoying great company and the cigar is just spot on amazing. Then I smoke another one out of the 5pack a week later and go "Why was I saying this is the best cigar I ever smoked?"
That sounds vaguely familiar....only with women instead of cigars. Dang that vodka!
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:52 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:
That sounds vaguely familiar....only with women instead of cigars. Dang that vodka!
LoL Scott... I was thinking the same thing... :-) Also just wanted to say what your doing for the troop auction is pretty awesome... wish I had more moolah so I could make an offer...
[Reply]
PearlS4 05:53 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by iaMkcK:
Then I smoke another one out of the 5pack a week later and go "Why was I saying this is the best cigar I ever smoked?"
I do this quite a bit.
[Reply]
Brlesq 05:57 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
I usually get 2 at least. Definitely depends on price.
^^ This
[Reply]
TJarv 05:59 PM 11-14-2012
I'll buy a handful of singles. If one sparks a little interest I'll buy another single, then if I continue to like it I'll buy in bulk
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 06:03 PM 11-14-2012
My rule of thumb IS A 5er. Smoke one R.O.T.T. Then after two weeks in the humi I'll smoke the 2nd one & after one month in the humi I'll get a better idea of how they will age, smoke & burn with time in the humi. That's how I buy & try new brands. Just my way of doing things... :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:10 PM 11-14-2012
At least two...in case the first one is a dud.
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:13 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
My rule of thumb IS A 5er. Smoke one R.O.T.T. Then after two weeks in the humi I'll smoke the 2nd one & after one month in the humi I'll get a better idea of how they will age, smoke & burn with time in the humi. That's how I buy & try new brands. Just my way of doing things... :-)
Forgive me if this is naive of me... what is R.O.T.T.?
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:15 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Forgive me if this is naive of me... what is R.O.T.T.?
Right Off The Truck
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:16 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Right Off The Truck
Ahh... Makes sense... I usually do that also...
[Reply]
jledou 06:39 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
I'll buy a handful of singles. If one sparks a little interest I'll buy another single, then if I continue to like it I'll buy in bulk
With more coming out every year this is what I end up doing most of the time.
[Reply]
maninblack 06:42 PM 11-14-2012
I buy two then a box if I like them.
[Reply]
Bleez 06:45 PM 11-14-2012
Sometimes I'll buy a 5er based on a review, other times I'll see something talked about on here or that looks good via the "Latest Purchase" thread and grab a couple if I can find any at the locals.
[Reply]
dubleuhb 03:45 AM 11-15-2012
I'll buy 3, let them sit in my humi for a week and make sure it will be the first cigar of the day. Revisit in another week or two and repeat. At this point I have a good idea whether a box is in my future.
Limited releases I just bite the bullet if I think they will be something I will like. Needless to say I have a bunch of boxes that I hope get better.....eventually.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:04 AM 11-15-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I buy two then a box if I like them.
This
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up