Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>What if this was YOUR car the dealer did this to?
cmitch 08:32 AM 10-10-2012
Interesting story going viral of William Clark and his 2010 Camaro SS he took in for an issue at the dealer, Best Chevrolet of Easley, SC.
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:38 AM 10-10-2012
That's why anytime my car is serviced...I sit there and watch. When they claim they need to "test ride" it...I ALWAYS tell them, sure...but ONLY with me in the car. Espeically it's "in" for a noise.
[Reply]
Bacchus 08:40 AM 10-10-2012
I think I'd show those mechanics the ol' stump trick - the one where you sit the mechanic on a stump, nail his 'nads to it, set the stump on fire, and hand him a dull knife. Or, you could always just push him over backwards........
[Reply]
forgop 08:53 AM 10-10-2012
Clearly these mechanics didn't give this man permission to record them and have had their privacy breached. :-)
[Reply]
sevans105 08:57 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
Clearly these mechanics didn't give this man permission to record them and have had their privacy breached. :-)
Perhaps they could raise a counter suit regarding privacy, defamation of character and illegal wiretapping. With the right attorney, the gentleman could owe each of these guys a new Camaro.

:-)
[Reply]
Bacchus 08:57 AM 10-10-2012
Hmmm! Sounds kinda ACLUish to me. Hope you were joking....
[Reply]
shilala 09:01 AM 10-10-2012
It'll be nice to see this guy get taken care of. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:05 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by Bacchus:

Hmmm! Sounds kinda ACLUish to me. Hope you were joking....
The ":-)" at the end makes it pretty obvious he was. :-)
[Reply]
Bacchus 09:10 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Ooopsie. You're right. Please excuse the faux pas - I'm kinda new and didn't notice the emoticon. Sorry.
[Reply]
xFreebirdx 09:27 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:
Perhaps they could raise a counter suit regarding privacy, defamation of character and illegal wiretapping. With the right attorney, the gentleman could owe each of these guys a new Camaro.

In the state on South Carolina you can legally record someone as long as one person knows it is recording.........and guess what....the person who set up the recorder knows that it is being recorded.

All this just came to light recently when they tried to sue a school principal for recording conversations in his office. The State Supreme Court threw it out because as long as 1 person knows it is being recorded it is legal. That includes the person doing the recording.....:-)

If the law wasn't like that then Law Enforcement dash and mike recordings would be Illegal.

Just a heads up.

[Reply]
68TriShield 09:41 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Don't give him too much credit Joel. (no winking smiley)
[Reply]
T.G 09:41 AM 10-10-2012
Is "Run and hide while hanging my head in shame after being publicly exposed as a Camaro owner" an option?
[Reply]
sikk50 11:24 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by xFreebirdx:
In the state on South Carolina you can legally record someone as long as one person knows it is recording.........and guess what....the person who set up the recorder knows that it is being recorded.

All this just came to light recently when they tried to sue a school principal for recording conversations in his office. The State Supreme Court threw it out because as long as 1 person knows it is being recorded it is legal. That includes the person doing the recording.....:-)

If the law wasn't like that then Law Enforcement dash and mike recordings would be Illegal.

Just a heads up.

It's similar in Cali, but I don't think that applies in this situation. The conversation was between the two mechanics, not the mechanics and the owner. Realistically this would be thrown out of court rather quickly, BUT thanks to the interwebz this guy stands a pretty good chance of getting his car fixed or replaced without going to court. I'd imagine it's just a waiting game until the dealer can't take the pressure anymore.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:35 AM 10-10-2012
Dealership should fire the mechanics, fix the clutch and throw in 2 year additional warranty.
[Reply]
Ogre 02:44 PM 10-10-2012
I think the bad publicity the dealership is getting outweighs the legality of the recording. If this goes to court it may get thrown out, but the damage has already been done. It would be good public relations for GM to step forward and take care of the problem.
[Reply]
Ogre 06:34 PM 10-10-2012
I guess this was resolved. The dealership bought the car back with the agreement that he remove his YouTube posting. The crappy part is, the dealership still denies doing any wrong.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...221510197.html
[Reply]
T.G 07:14 PM 10-10-2012
So, the mechanics can drive his Chevy to the levy now?

(too soon?)
[Reply]
Digs 07:26 PM 10-10-2012
I have had many similar vehicles of the years (cobra's, trans-ams, SS camaro's, Vettes, 350z etc) this kind of sh-t should not happen, please spare me the anti American ACLU type sh-t. The dealership should have made good for this instantly, every owner of a car like this fears that stuff like this is happening to there baby when they drop it off for service.

I had a sort of similar situation in 1996 with LT4 grand sport vette, the car was about 6 months old and took it back to the local dealer for some lose ends. To make along story short I got it back with 20+ miles on and sh-t loads of rubber and yellow road paint in the wheel wells! They used the excuse they had to take it up the road to the glass shop (one of the small items was glass trim on the hatch) Which was only aprox 2 miles away. At the time I had a buddy that worked at another dealer up the street he saw and heard most of it, since it was so loud with full length headers and lingenfelter side pipes. Obviously they denied it all, even when confronted with the evidence! This was all before smart phones or small digital recorders.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:17 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

(too soon?)
Brilliant.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:44 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

(too soon?)
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Brilliant.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up