Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Mike Ditka Cigars........
smitty81 06:22 PM 10-03-2012
Did a quick search and couldn't find to much. Anyone ever have one and if so what were your thoughts on it?

Anyone know where I might be able to snag some of these cigars?
[Reply]
themoneycollector 06:35 PM 10-03-2012
Made by Graycliff, and I think they only place to get them is at Ditka's restaurant.

If there's any B&M's that sell them, that'd be great, I woudn't mind trying a single out either and adding a new band to my little collection for a future ashtray project or something similar.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 06:36 PM 10-03-2012
And looks like there's a newer version either out or coming out soon by Camacho
[Reply]
smitty81 06:38 PM 10-03-2012
Anyone within reasonable distance of his restaurant?
[Reply]
Ismith75 06:42 PM 10-03-2012
I see them from time to time around here. I'll keep an eye out. They used to sell them at Costco actually but last time I looked they were gone.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:44 PM 10-03-2012
Ditka cigars vs. a hurricane...who would win?
[Reply]
smitty81 06:48 PM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by Ismith75:
I see them from time to time around here. I'll keep an eye out. They used to sell them at Costco actually but last time I looked they were gone.
Never been in a costco............they have cigars?

Decent cigars?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 06:49 PM 10-03-2012
I used to have some in coffins from CAO. But that was at least 5, maybe 7 years ago. They were ok, but fairly loose filler, and soft, and burned poorly.
[Reply]
jjirons69 07:58 PM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I used to have some in coffins from CAO. But that was at least 5, maybe 7 years ago. They were ok, but fairly loose filler, and soft, and burned poorly.
WTH, Cliff?!?

Let's just say in typical Svillekid style, Cliff sent me one in a contest winning 5 to 7 years ago. And I still have it. It's so unique I haven't had the heart to smoke it. I still pass by it weekly when rumbling around. It'll go down one day (maybe), it's probably past it's prime and it's probably like every other smoke I've sat on - it'll turn out to be plugged or taste horrible or burn like crap or...you know the story. Anyway, I've got one, but can't comment on anything other than it's a cigar with a unique band.

[Reply]
jjirons69 07:59 PM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
Never been in a costco............they have cigars?

Decent cigars?
Yes they do...just not the ones I like.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 08:14 PM 10-03-2012
I had 2 of these and put one in a sampler for troop support. I still have one Churchill left. I found mine at a B&M in Cambridge, Maryland. I haven't be able to bring myself to smoke it.
[Reply]
Ismith75 08:24 PM 10-03-2012
They were the only cigars they sold there I believe. Handmade ones atleast.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:33 PM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
WTH, Cliff?!?

Let's just say in typical Svillekid style, Cliff sent me one in a contest winning 5 to 7 years ago. And I still have it. It's so unique I haven't had the heart to smoke it. I still pass by it weekly when rumbling around. It'll go down one day (maybe), it's probably past it's prime and it's probably like every other smoke I've sat on - it'll turn out to be plugged or taste horrible or burn like crap or...you know the story. Anyway, I've got one, but can't comment on anything other than it's a cigar with a unique band.

That's it, OK!!!!! Can't believe you still have it!!! I remember it tasting fine, just. Just seem to remember that several were a little loosely packed, and thus burned somewhat uneven. I be I have a few of those bands in my bags of bands I've saved over the years!!! Was I right? Was this in a coffin, or am I thinking of the CAO Palmes?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:03 PM 10-03-2012
Smoked a couple, years ago....wasn't a fan.
[Reply]
jjirons69 07:09 AM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Was I right? Was this in a coffin, or am I thinking of the CAO Palmes?
No coffin for this one.
[Reply]
smitty81 01:12 PM 10-04-2012
Seems I might have found a couple of places to snag some of these.

https://ditkasrestaurants.com/pages.ditkas/proshop.html

I think they will be available here soon.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:42 PM 10-04-2012
Coach is a member at a cigar lounge in CT down the road from ESPN. One of the guys was asking him about his cigars last Sunday and he told us that they were being made by Davidoff. I heard from someone else say that it was being made by Camacho, which makes sense because Camacho was acquired by Davidoff.
[Reply]
smitty81 01:54 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Coach is a member at a cigar lounge in CT down the road from ESPN. One of the guys was asking him about his cigars last Sunday and he told us that they were being made by Davidoff. I heard from someone else say that it was being made by Camacho, which makes sense because Camacho was acquired by Davidoff.
yup, they are due out to the public at the end of the year I believe. They are his new company.
[Reply]
omowasu 04:07 PM 10-04-2012
There are Costco Ditka cigars and then there are Camacho / Graycliff Ditka cigars.

the Costco Ditka cigars come in tubes and are made by Pacific Cigar Co. in Illinois. They are the same ones you can find in "humi-tubes" at all the golf course pro shops. Pacific Cigar does a lot of custom sticks for courses and groups. They are very mild. I happen to have a Pacific Cigar - Ill smoke it and write a review.

the Camacho and Graycliff Ditkas are much better but are harder to find. You used to be able to get the premium Ditkas at his restaurants, but after all of the no-smoking bee ess (the downtown Chicago location even had a cigar and jazz lounge upstairs) they may be harder to come by.
[Reply]
Brlesq 04:58 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Smoked a couple, years ago....wasn't a fan.
x2. Just OK, not worth buying
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up