Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>La Dueña
neoflex 12:28 PM 08-16-2012
Got a chance to smoke a La Dueña Belicoso last night. I was thoroughly impressed with the stick and it lives up to the expectations of a PJ blended stick. The initial pre-light draw had me thinking it was going to be a powerhouse but it was a great medium bodied smoke from start to finish. Not very complex but great flavor nonetheless. If you spot these I highly recommend giving it a try.:-)
[Reply]
hscmit 12:37 PM 08-16-2012
thanks for the tip John

hope youre doing well
[Reply]
E.J. 01:10 PM 08-16-2012
Just went up at CAYP if anyone wanted to know..........
[Reply]
neoflex 01:18 PM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by hscmit:
thanks for the tip John

hope youre doing well
Busy but well which has resulted in minimal time on the Asylum and sneaking in smokes whenever possible.:-) Hope all is well on your end too.
[Reply]
poriggity 06:50 PM 08-16-2012
Sounds like another overhyped PJ stick. Pete is a good guy, but I got so tired of trying to find his limited release sticks, then not enjoying them once I did find them, they were not enjoyable, that it made me really not enjoy his smokes...

Scott
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:25 PM 08-16-2012
Thanks John...am very curious about these. :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:55 AM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by poriggity:
Sounds like another overhyped PJ stick. Pete is a good guy, but I got so tired of trying to find his limited release sticks, then not enjoying them once I did find them, they were not enjoyable, that it made me really not enjoy his smokes...

Scott
I wouldn't say this one is over-hyped or hyped at all to be honest. The line was actually created for Janny as an extension of the My Father brand but Pete was the one who blended it so it's not like it's a part of Tatuaje limited machine that so many people love to hate on Pete for creating or part of Tatuaje at all. The average person looking at it on the shelves really would have no clue that Pete had anything to do with it at all not to mention the fact that most shops would probably display it with the My Father selection if not on it's own.
I guess if me sharing my thoughts about it being a very solid and flavorful medium bodied smoke makes it sound like another over-hyped Pete stick than I guess you could be right as Pete rarely swings and misses when it comes to blending some very enjoyable smokes. :-) :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 09:25 AM 08-17-2012
Thanks I am curious about these.
[Reply]
maninblack 03:14 PM 08-17-2012
Thanks for the heads up. They look tempting!
[Reply]
guado 03:25 PM 08-17-2012
IMO the stick has very similar atributes to Casita criolla due to the heavy Croadleaf maduro in the blend...HOWEVER, they added enough nicaraguan in this cigar to give you a better balance IMO. Making this a cigar that could be in a regular rotation.
[Reply]
czerbe 12:37 PM 08-20-2012

Scott
I enjoy Petes sticks but I also agree that they are way overhyped not that they arn't not worth it I just can't find them in my area and if I do the price never seems to match the product.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:46 PM 08-20-2012
The Petite Lancero is a really good cigar.
[Reply]
dave 01:01 PM 01-21-2013
Had tried rob and short rob few times each in recent months and have been unimpressed. In fact, I'd pretty much written this one off as not to my liking.

Yesterday I had a PL and, WOW. Whole different cigar. I'm quite impressed. Glad I was gifted one and gave it another shot.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:00 PM 01-21-2013
I like these sticks a lot
[Reply]
omowasu 02:18 PM 01-21-2013

Scott
I do like the La Duena a lot, its one of the better medium bodied NCs I have tried this year. I highly recommend trying at least one, and preferably in the smaller RGs.

But I agree, the whole PJ/DP thing is getting a little crazy. And I'm not sure exactly where PJ fits in blending a cigar for DPs daughter when DP could probably find the leaves and blend them independently. Is there some super secret blending mojo that only PJ has but someone else in the DP tobacco fields or blending operations would not possess?

Maybe I should switch to Viajes? :-)
[Reply]
riverdawg 02:20 PM 01-21-2013
Have only had the PL and it's on the list for a box when/if a deal turns up. One of my favorite new sticks.
[Reply]
xFreebirdx 02:47 PM 01-21-2013
I also had a torpedo.....I liked it and bought a box. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:27 PM 01-21-2013
A good cigar for me,I don't know about anyone else.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:11 PM 01-21-2013
I like them. Tasty with a kind of rustic wrapper unlike PJ and Pepins usual fare.
[Reply]
Zane 06:29 PM 01-21-2013
I also think they are a great cigar.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up