Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Custom cigar gift for my uncle
Scottw 08:44 PM 08-05-2012
So this weekend was my favorite uncle, Uncle Joe's birthday. Uncle Joe is an intense guy who has been enormously successful in everything he has ever done in life and is rather wealthy as a result. Uncle Joe is also a wine expert, world traveler and loves cigars. In fact, he gave me my first cigar. Every year, my brother, me and my folks always go back and forth on what to get him because the man has everything he has ever wanted and everything he's ever needed. He has a beautiful wife 17 years his junior, 2 new Lexus's, golf country club memberships, a great kid, great family and money. This year, as I was sitting in the B &M smoking one of their house blends, I asked the manager if he can give me the source of the guy who rolls for them as I understand he worked for Fuente for like 30 years. I get the guys number ( my uncle is a huge Fuente fan, he also had tons of Cubans. ) and ask him to roll me some sticks custom for his birthday. Uncle Joe's favorite sized cigar is a corona gorda (5.5 x 46) so we made them that size. Uncle joe also lives in Pennsylvania and prior, Connecticut. So... The Joe Presti birthday customs rolls were made from 4 year old Dominican Longfiller with have wrapped in a Ct. Shade wrapper and the others tha same filler with a Pennsylvania broad leaf wrapper. Needless to say, I dry boxed some extras that I had made and we smoked them yesterday. He loved them, he and I smoke the PA wrapped ones and my brother and father smoked the CT ones. Everyone thought they were great and for the first time, I was able to get the man who has everything something he never had and cannot go out and buy. Great day for sure.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:47 PM 08-05-2012
That is awesome man good job and great job
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:59 PM 08-05-2012
Great gift and story. :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:07 PM 08-05-2012
Awesome gift!!!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:26 PM 08-05-2012
Originally Posted by Scottw:
So this weekend was my favorite uncle, Uncle Joe's birthday. Uncle Joe is an intense guy who has been enormously successful in everything he has ever done in life and is rather wealthy as a result. Uncle Joe is also a wine expert, world traveler and loves cigars. In fact, he gave me my first cigar. Every year, my brother, me and my folks always go back and forth on what to get him because the man has everything he has ever wanted and everything he's ever needed. He has a beautiful wife 17 years his junior, 2 new Lexus's, golf country club memberships, a great kid, great family and money. This year, as I was sitting in the B &M smoking one of their house blends, I asked the manager if he can give me the source of the guy who rolls for them as I understand he worked for Fuente for like 30 years. I get the guys number ( my uncle is a huge Fuente fan, he also had tons of Cubans. ) and ask him to roll me some sticks custom for his birthday. Uncle Joe's favorite sized cigar is a corona gorda (5.5 x 46) so we made them that size. Uncle joe also lives in Pennsylvania and prior, Connecticut. So... The Joe Presti birthday customs rolls were made from 4 year old Dominican Longfiller with have wrapped in a Ct. Shade wrapper and the others tha same filler with a Pennsylvania broad leaf wrapper. Needless to say, I dry boxed some extras that I had made and we smoked them yesterday. He loved them, he and I smoke the PA wrapped ones and my brother and father smoked the CT ones. Everyone thought they were great and for the first time, I was able to get the man who has everything something he never had and cannot go out and buy. Great day for sure.
Spectacular!
[Reply]
icehog3 11:51 PM 08-05-2012
Very cool, Scott! HBD to Uncle Joe! :-)
[Reply]
ArgusP2 12:12 AM 08-06-2012
That's top notch! Very thoughtful gift! He will definitely be thinking of you every time he smokes one!
[Reply]
Barcode 03:50 AM 08-06-2012
Great Idea and a Wonderful Gift
[Reply]
longknocker 04:05 AM 08-06-2012
WTG, Scott!:-) Thanks For Sharing With Us!:-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:09 PM 08-06-2012
Fantastic idea! Well played!
[Reply]
Ogre 06:23 PM 08-06-2012
Awesome gift idea, something original.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 07:37 PM 08-06-2012
Fantastic!!
[Reply]
Boz 09:53 PM 08-06-2012
Very cool Scott! Well done :-)
[Reply]
Mikepd 09:56 PM 08-06-2012
Awesome gift! It's always fun to be able to provide the unique to the person who "has it all".

Just wondering, who was the roller?
[Reply]
gbum 11:49 PM 08-06-2012
wow... what a gesture...
[Reply]
ktblunden 12:42 PM 08-07-2012
That's really awesome. Good job on putting together an amazingly thoughtful gift.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:49 PM 08-07-2012
Great idea, very classy!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 01:42 PM 08-07-2012
Awesome!!!
[Reply]
STEVE S 02:28 PM 08-07-2012
That is an awesome gift, and great story, thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Dave128 02:47 PM 08-07-2012
That's awesome!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up