Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Wait, WHAT? No Dirty Rat review??
OLS 04:49 PM 07-18-2012
Liga Privada Unico Series DIRTY RAT...

How is it that I search the forum for the words Dirty Rat and get no Dirty Rat review thread?
I don't mind starting one, and I'll hate it if there are three of em, but mostly because "what
business do I HAVE in writing a review thread on em anyway?"

I got this sent to me by Lear31MX and apparently I was lucky to get it. When I GOT IT it in 2010 it had to
be SO NEW on the market that to get one out of a box of 12 sent to me was NOT something I was aware
of as being super BOTL-ey. But man, was the best yet to come.

I never had a NC cigar that comes CLOSE to the taste I found in this cigar. Now that I have taken
the time to research the blend, I can definitely taste the Brazilian tobacco used as the binder.
Not sure if it is Mata Fina or not, but the tobacco adds unbelievable flavors to any blend it is used
well in, and this smoke is doing things I never imagined a NC cigar could do. I was able to detect
Vanilla, chocolate, balsamic vinegar, wood, and sweet, tangy pepper . All kinds of weird notes
and spicy pops came in and out, and even though the cigar was damaged and not drawing well,
the quality and stunning blend came through over and over. Just a phenomenal smoke, can't believe
it was just sitting in the humidor aging and getting better and better. I had no idea what I had.
I am not sure there is a better blend of Nicaraguan tobacco that I have ever had in 20+ years of
smoking it. I can't thank Anthony enough for sending me this cigar. I won't ever get another one,
I just don't smoke these cigars, and I don't buy them either. But even though on balance I still can't
enjoy most NC power cigars, this cigar just slapped me in the face and said "WISE UP, IDIOT."
DAMN FINE CIGAR.

I rated it 93 on my blog, and I'd bet it was better than that. It had a cracked head and did not draw
well as a result. It acted plugged when it was actually just an incomplete vacuum in the draw.
Finest NC cigar I ever smoked.

WOW :-):-) :-)
[Reply]
OLS 05:06 PM 07-18-2012
Oh great, now that it is a new thread, SUDDENLY I search again and I find THREE THREADS. How is it possible to search
for "DIRTY RAT" and get nothing, but then search LIGA PRIVADA DIRTY RAT and suddenly get three?
And then, when I try to DELETE mine, I can't delete it...I can EDIT IT, but not delete it. pfft. Sorry guys and gals
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 05:06 PM 07-18-2012
1st world problems :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:14 PM 07-18-2012
Hey Brad this isn't a Havana... What's wrong LOL
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Lear31MX 05:24 PM 07-18-2012
Like the review Brad, BUT I'm pretty sure it wasn't me that sent you that cigar. For the life of me I don'tever remember ever having one (Dirty Rat). I am glad you enjoyed it.
[Reply]
mmblz 06:18 PM 07-18-2012
A dirty rat crawled under our front step and died once in Chicago. It was like a foot long.
Disgusting.
:-)
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 06:24 PM 07-18-2012
It's definitely one of my favorite NC cigars. They are great!
[Reply]
dwoodward 06:40 PM 07-18-2012
I had one of these on my fishing trip a few weeks ago after we were all done for the day and enjoying some drinks.

Have to say, worst cigar I have had all year.

Completely bitter and harsh. Was a complete disappointment considering the quality of the rest of the Liga series. I got it thru a trade on these forums from a good BOTL so I'd trust it was properly kept.

Just not for me I guess.
[Reply]
OLS 06:04 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
1st world problems :-)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa....ahh... ehh. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 06:41 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Lear31MX:
Like the review Brad, BUT I'm pretty sure it wasn't me that sent you that cigar. For the life of me I don't ever remember ever having one (Dirty Rat). I am glad you enjoyed it.
Oh Jesus, Mary and Joseph.....
Improper attribution on a BIG handful of cigars. I have to figure out who sent them to me.
That's BAD....they've probably read my improper attribution a few times and been hurt by
my error.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:41 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by mmblz:
A dirty rat crawled under our front step and died once in Chicago. It was like a foot long.
Disgusting.
Heard someone saw a coyote downtown yesterday.. Next up, LP Hungry Coyote.. 6X60 limited release cigars!!!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:44 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
It's definitely one of my favorite NC cigars. They are great!
Too bad I just traded my last one :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:18 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Heard someone saw a coyote downtown yesterday.. Next up, LP Hungry Coyote.. 6X60 limited release cigars!!!
I thought Smelly Gopher was next...
[Reply]
OLS 08:52 AM 07-19-2012
IT WAS NEENS!!!!! Thanks buddy, that was a freaking unbelievable cigar!
[Reply]
363 09:08 AM 07-19-2012
Nice review Brad, that was one of the ones not included in my LP sampler from Blak Smyth (not that I am complaining!) I will have to keep my eyes out for that one now! Thanks for putting this up
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:10 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by 363:
Nice review Brad, that was one of the ones not included in my LP sampler from Blak Smyth (not that I am complaining!) I will have to keep my eyes out for that one now! Thanks for putting this up
Yup, I am all out. I recently traded my last one.
Some people really like them and some people think they are just okay, from what I have gathered.
[Reply]
OLS 09:23 AM 07-19-2012
Like I said somewhere, it could have been not just the two years' age it had, but also the old 'baggie storage' trick.
It spent a year in a leaky humidor and then I got sick of it and sold it to a co-worker for a non-cigar purpose, and
then they spent a year in a baggie in an ice chest. I think it well could have unlocked some flavors, lol. But yeah,
it was good and I did not expect it to be, either. I thought it would be another metallic, dark, strong, one-note
jaw-breaker from central america. A rare speechless moment at my house.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:10 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Some people really like them and some people think they are just okay, from what I have gathered.
You have failed to account for those that hate them, like Derrick. :-)
[Reply]
mmblz 10:23 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
selective hearing?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:28 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Egh, his opinion doesn't count :-)

JK, I missed that review! I was responding to a comment posted prior to his and never went back through the thread :-)

So let's try again!
There are people who love them, some think they are okay, some hate them, some like the first third but not the middle and lastly some like cake! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up