Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Drew Estates Undercrown
Big Maduro 10:10 AM 06-26-2012
Image This is my first Undercrown. All I can say is Wow. On fisrt light I experienced a pepper and cream. As the cigar advanced into the 1st and second thirds. This cigar was just a creamy coffee delight.
Image The coffee was an expresso type tatse. Every draw was creamy in flavor and left a sweet oily taste on my lips. The finnish to me left a woody type taste that was pleasing.The construction on this cigar was perfect. Burn was awesome. Every draw was effortless and brought out thick amounts of smoke.
size: Gran Toro 6x52
Construction: Perfect
Smoke time: 1.5 hrs
This creamy smotth delight moved to the top of my list.
[Reply]
363 10:15 AM 06-26-2012
nice review I got one sitting in my humi that I am looking forward to giving a try
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:18 AM 06-26-2012
Thanks, I'm still learning to review.It's kind of fun. This cigar really knocked my socks off. This was a great smoke. It may or may not be important .I do retrohale a lot also,
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:22 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Big Maduro:
Thanks, I'm still learning to review.It's kind of fun. This cigar really knocked my socks off. This was a great smoke. It may or may not be important .I do retrohale a lot also,
Retrohale is important, although I find it too harsh in most NCs.
Good review, keep them coming.
[Reply]
Remo 10:24 AM 06-26-2012
Good review, it is a good smoke
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:16 PM 06-26-2012
Awesome stick. It's like a cheaper DE #9. I love these!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 12:30 PM 06-26-2012
I too enjoy this smoke. I am sitting on a few to see how they will be with some time on them.
[Reply]
forgop 01:09 PM 06-26-2012
Love the Drew Estate stuff...well, at least the T52's, No. 9's, Undercrowns, and Unicos stuff. I stay away from their other stuff.
[Reply]
captTrips 05:21 PM 06-26-2012
Love this stick, but heard a rumor that they are sprayed with oil. Any validity to this? Also heard the same about Liga Privadas. I hope this isn't true as I dislike additives.
[Reply]
dwoodward 05:43 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by captTrips:
Love this stick, but heard a rumor that they are sprayed with oil. Any validity to this? Also heard the same about Liga Privadas. I hope this isn't true as I dislike additives.
Drew Estate is usually pretty distinctive in their cigar lines as to which ones are infused and which ones are not. I would be shocked if the Liga Privada line (and Undercrown) were "sprayed" cigars. I've never had any oils come off on my fingers anyway while smoking and I have had 4 Undercrowns, 2 No.9's, and a Dirty Rat. Not a large sample, but enough.
[Reply]
equetefue 05:47 PM 06-26-2012
My favorite vitola of the undercrown line is the Corona Viva. They are great cigars
[Reply]
AUguy 05:58 PM 06-26-2012
Thanks for the review. I loved the few LP stocks I have smoked. I need to get my hands on some of the undercrowns now.
[Reply]
False Cast 09:38 PM 06-26-2012
I'm a big fan of the Undercrown! I don't think it's "better" than the No. 9's, per se, but different and less expensive. It's a great smoke.
[Reply]
Big Bert 10:15 PM 06-26-2012
Love the undercrown I still need to smoke the other ligas but I have to have a couple of undercrowns in the humi its a go to smoke
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 12:03 PM 06-27-2012
When they're on, the Undercrown is an absolutely marvelous smoke! I still need to try the Corona Viva, but I hear it's even better!
[Reply]
Brooks W 12:11 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by captTrips:
Whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about.

I visited the factory a month ago, saw these being bunched, rolled and boxed, and I assure you that there is no oil being sprayed anywhere.

~brooks
[Reply]
T.G 12:21 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
Whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about.

I visited the factory a month ago, saw these being bunched, rolled and boxed, and I assure you that there is no oil being sprayed anywhere.

~brooks

I too have been to the DE factory, at different times than Brooks, and I'll back what Brooks stated. The only oils being sprayed on the premises are the paints in Jessi Flores's art shop (Subculture Studios).

All I can think of as a possible explanation for the rumor is that one of the rollers might have been using a water mister bottle on the leaves to keep them pliable and someone thought it was something else.
[Reply]
lenguamor 12:33 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
Whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about...
Hear, hear.

Or that person wanted to start **** from nothing.
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 01:56 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Hear, hear.

[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:20 PM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Hear, hear.

I was gonna say, if they're spraying anything on them, it's liquid crack, cuz I can't stop smoking 'em!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up