Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>wedding suggestions
Drez 09:38 PM 06-14-2012
wedding day is getting closer (a little more than week to go :-)).

so what box would you guys currently recommend for a anniversary smoke. i wanna order a couple boxes after the honey moon to smoke a good smoke every year on my anniversary.

it doesnt have to be a HTF or LE smoke just something that you guys would enjoy smoking once a year. im looking for something out of the normal. post you experience and what not.

now fire away fellas lets get the brain storming going :-)

also i want to thank my family here at CA again. you guys have been awesome :-)

EDIT
price is not really a issue but i would like to keep it "with in reason" remember im still paying for a wedding and honey moon :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:39 PM 06-14-2012
You got a price u wanna stay under?
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:42 PM 06-14-2012
Based on your profile marca you should pick yourself up some Cohibas.
[Reply]
Drez 09:43 PM 06-14-2012
thank you justin i missed that. edited first post.
[Reply]
Drez 09:44 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Based on your profile marca you should pick yourself up some Cohibas.
ive thought about it but like i said i want to venture out a little. cohibas have been in the back of my mind.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:44 PM 06-14-2012
Find something a few months down the line with your box code date. Nothing wrong with buying brands you already enjoy.
[Reply]
Drez 09:46 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Find something a few months down the line with your box code date.
thats ultimately the plan.
[Reply]
DaBear 11:29 PM 06-14-2012
Aside from the obvious CCs, which always age well, I'd say a box of Avo Classics or something to that effect(aka Dominican) should age well over many many years.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 11:32 PM 06-14-2012
Boli gm is always a good choice. With the box size and the lovely gold wrapper you can easily have a 10yr anniversary box and another for twenty thirty and so on... You do have time however, my daughter was born in 2010 and I am stilltesting out the go to stick for her birthday smoke. I tried the oliva maduro but 2010 was not that great so I am onto the money grand Edmund and may endup at the pl Encanto...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DaBear 11:35 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Boli gm is always a good choice. With the box size and the lovely gold wrapper you can easily have a 10yr anniversary box and another for twenty thirty and so on... You do have time however, my daughter was born in 2010 and I am stilltesting out the go to stick for her birthday smoke. I tried the oliva maduro but 2010 was not that great so I am onto the money grand Edmund and may endup at the pl Encanto...
Posted via Mobile Device
That reminds me, Oliva G Maduros age very well over 4-5 years, don't have any experience with anything further, but I didn't see them falling off the deep end any time soon when I was smoking my well aged Special Gs.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:41 AM 06-15-2012
Boli GMs Or Sir Winnies!:-):-)
[Reply]
gbum 04:06 AM 06-15-2012
coro or siglo vi
or
any liga?
[Reply]
Ogre 08:48 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Boli GMs Or Sir Winnies!:-):-)
:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:50 AM 06-15-2012
Hey, FRANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMs would be fancy enough at a decent price!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:23 AM 06-15-2012
Go for a 50 cab of Lusitanias; can never go wrong and you'll have enough if you sneak a few here and there between your anniversary.

50 Cab of SLR DC's would be a good one too, just have search out the right cab and you'll be in heaven for many years.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:24 AM 06-15-2012
I'd say get whatever box you've always wanted to buy that was just out of your budget or needed an excuse to be purchased.

Or you could always pick up a few nice 10 count boxes for variety. Your favorite smokes could always be another idea.
[Reply]
Drez 12:56 AM 06-16-2012
im really leaning towards the GM's.

i do like the idea of a few 10ct's and mixing it up over the years.

thanks for the help fellas keep it coming!!!!!
[Reply]
maninblack 08:02 AM 06-16-2012
Some fancy Gurkha's would work. Need us to send you some?
[Reply]
Silound 08:26 AM 06-16-2012
Well...personally at this point I would be staying away from anything that came from a certain island. After 8 years of even the best kept storage conditions, some of mine I picked up in Canada are starting to actually lose some flavor (2003 box code, I bought it in Dec 2004).

I'm somewhat anal, so I would probably write out the next 50 years and then pick two smokes a year for each year, regardless of the cost, then I'd splurge and buy all of those smokes and rent a locker at a local B&M or buy a special humidor and keep then tucked away with the list for that special day every year :-)
[Reply]
JJG 09:09 AM 06-16-2012
The easy answer would be, pick something with a reputation for lots of aging potential.

Unfortunately, I have found that there is no guarantee any particular box will age well. The best thing you can do is to smoke one fresh. If it's not at least 'pretty good', it is not as likely to blow you away in 10 years. Sell the box and try another.

Also, I think we are all a little susceptible to psychological bias. If you buy an extra special cigar, like a cab of Sir Winstons or something similar, you will be more likely to enjoy it, because we all project a little bit of our expectations onto a cigar for which we have a preconceived opinion.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up