Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>How long in-between smokes?
smitty81 09:33 AM 06-14-2012
The tolerance thread has peeked my curiosity about a relative subject.

How long do you guys wait in between smokes to avoid getting to much nicotine (sick).

I'm sure some if not a lot of you don't have to wait at all.
[Reply]
dave 09:36 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
The tolerance threat has peeked my curiosity about a relative subject.

How long do you guys wait in between smokes to avoid getting to much nicotine (sick).

???
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:38 AM 06-14-2012
Sometimes just minutes, sometimes weeks.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 09:41 AM 06-14-2012
Great question.

For me, sometimes I feel so calm and relaxed after a cigar that all I want to do is go in to bed and take a nap. The sad part is, so many timers its only 9 oclock in the morning.
[Reply]
smitty81 09:44 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
Great question.

For me, sometimes I feel so calm and relaxed after a cigar that all I want to do is go in to bed and take a nap. The sad part is, so many timers its only 9 oclock in the morning.
lol, I usually drink some coffee or an energy drink so I dont get the tired affect.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 09:50 AM 06-14-2012
There have been afternoon/evenings where I will smoke 5,6,7 cigars. There have also been days/weeks without one. It all depends...
[Reply]
smitty81 09:51 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by WittyUserName:
There have been afternoon/evenings where I will smoke 5,6,7 cigars. There have also been days/weeks without one. It all depends...
Damn, I would think the flavors would all start to run together after about the third one.

After I have 2-3 in one day, I have to wait about 3 days before my taste buds bounce back.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:57 AM 06-14-2012
If I'm at a herf I'll chain smoke back-to-back 5-6 cigars easily. Good times, good booze and good smokes, nicotine never bothers me.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:59 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
If I'm at a herf I'll chain smoke back-to-back 5-6 cigars easily. Good times, good booze and good smokes, nicotine never bothers me.
As long as I don't forget meals, I am fine with your arangement as well Bill!
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:02 AM 06-14-2012
[Reply]
Bill86 10:02 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
As long as I don't forget meals, I am fine with your arangement as well Bill!
I should have mentioned I always order pizza, I don't mind eating it while I smoke but I do usually eat something mid-way. Just in case, so I can keep ordering drinks and lighting up cigars without getting empty stomach nauseousness.
[Reply]
markem 10:14 AM 06-14-2012
Someone needs to post a picture of MoTheMan driving his convertible while smoking 5 cigars.

My answer is that as soon as I want another, I get it. Sometime I light the next one before the last one is done and sometime I don't want a second one.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 10:15 AM 06-14-2012
It varies for me, most of the time its several days but I only smoke a couple a week. I will occasionally have a couple in one day or back to back but that's usually while I'm camping or spending the day outdoors or just hanging out at the house on a Saturday. When I do smoke back to back I try and eat something just before or while I'm smoking.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:17 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
Someone needs to post a picture of MoTheMan driving his convertible while smoking 5 cigars.

My answer is that as soon as I want another, I get it. Sometime I light the next one before the last one is done and sometime I don't want a second one.
I am agreeing with Mark again :-)

His statement is so true. Cigars are not something to rush through or time. You have a cigar and when you are ready you have another one. It may be seconds or days between. It's all about what you want and how you feel...
[Reply]
area51 10:33 AM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I am agreeing with Mark again :-)

His statement is so true. Cigars are not something to rush through or time. You have a cigar and when you are ready you have another one. It may be seconds or days between. It's all about what you want and how you feel...
It's all about pacing yourself. If I try to blow through a full cigar I'm going to get sick no doubt about it. Normally I can do 2-3 a day. Anymore then that, I'm going to feel it.
[Reply]
ktblunden 10:37 AM 06-14-2012
I can do 2 or 3 in a row without really pausing in between as long as I have some food and/or a sugary drink on hand. And sometimes I go weeks between cigars, depending on how busy I am and how hot/cold it is outside.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:39 AM 06-14-2012
If I am at a herf I will TRY and wait about 15 mins before lighting up my next one and try and clean out the palate, but I have also been known to light one up as soon as the other has gone out.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:47 AM 06-14-2012
I do not wait inbetween cigars if I plan on smoking another one. I go by how many hours of continous smoking rather than how many cigars.
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 12:11 PM 06-14-2012
my nickname is chimney..maybe im not the person to ask..ahahahah:-)
[Reply]
ArgusP2 12:23 PM 06-14-2012
The tolerance thread has peeked my curiosity about a relative subject.

Damn, I would think the flavors would all start to run together after about the third one.

After I have 2-3 in one day, I have to wait about 3 days before my taste buds bounce back.

What it is the question? There is a difference between the nicotine sickness concern and the taste bud concern.

The two doesn't necessarily go together. I've gotten sick off one, sometimes it doesn't hit until the 3rd or it doesn't hit at all. The same thing with the taste buds, if I rush through any smoke, I can be done for a while but if I take my time, I'm usually good for a long day of cigars.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up