Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Viaje Super Shot 12 Gauge - meh?
the jiggler 09:19 AM 03-17-2012
A local B/M said they were selling like hotcakes so I picked one up last week. It was ok. Fit and finish were great. Flavor was pretty one dimensional. A buddy of mine smoked one the next night and he gave it a two out of five. Anybody else try one? I'd like to pick up a couple more and sit on them for a while. Just wanted to see if anybody else had the same reaction. Thanks.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 10:57 AM 03-17-2012
No, I didn't have that reaction at all. Although there was not a shift or change of flavors, the copious amount of smoke that this little guy put out was very powerful, almost violent, with a peppery spiciness that hit me from the first puff to the last. In my opinion, it gives me the fullness of flavor and body that I want in a smaller size that gets me high, but doesn't get me nic sick.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:20 AM 03-17-2012
I torched one this past week and enjoyed it. One dimensional, but it was a little stick. If it had been a churchill...not so much!! Glad I grabbed a 5er.
[Reply]
tsolomon 12:04 PM 03-17-2012
Smoked one yesterday and liked it. Found it to be strong with some pepper and very little change from start to finish. Did not burn that well and needed to be touched up at the start to get it to burn evenly. Had to relight it twice and smoked down to the nub. Bought a couple to stick in the humidor for later. :-)
[Reply]
the jiggler 03:00 PM 03-17-2012
Thanks for weighing in. It was the second or third stick of the night and I had imbibed a bit. Maybe I wasnt the best frame of mind for evaluation. I'll pick another two up and sit on them for a little while.
[Reply]
oooo35980 03:17 PM 03-17-2012
I thought it was good but not amazing, expensive little bastard too.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:39 PM 03-17-2012
Think I'll Pass On Them After Reading These .:-):-)
[Reply]
Hem 08:15 PM 03-17-2012
I've got one waiting at home, can't wait to fire her up! I love a short smoke....when there isn't time for a long one that is! lol :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 09:09 PM 03-17-2012
I had one last weekend thanks to Dan (Elderboy02) It was ok, It was strong and no nic bizz like someone else said, but I wasn't overly impressed by any means. I would like to pick up a fiver and let them rest a few months before making a complete judgement.
[Reply]
thecatch83 09:18 PM 03-17-2012
I don't think I've ever smoked a Viaje ROTT, or even a couple weeks removed from the cooler and been blown away. I remember smoking a Skull & Bones ROTT and it didn't even burn and required 20 touch ups! Revisit these in 6 months, and I think the flavor profile might change a bit and the strength will mellow out.
[Reply]
Hem 10:35 PM 03-17-2012
Originally Posted by thecatch83:
I don't think I've ever smoked a Viaje ROTT, or even a couple weeks removed from the cooler and been blown away. I remember smoking a Skull & Bones ROTT and it didn't even burn and required 20 touch ups! Revisit these in 6 months, and I think the flavor profile might change a bit and the strength will mellow out.
Sounds good. Guess I will have to let the batch of Viaje's I just got in sit for a bit...at least they'll look nice in the humi :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:16 PM 03-17-2012
8 bucks for a 3 inch one-dimensional turd? I sure hope Tom will do a box split with me!!!
[Reply]
oooo35980 12:01 AM 03-18-2012
12 bucks in Hawaii, I felt pretty stupid about 10 minutes into it.
[Reply]
thecatch83 04:38 AM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
8 bucks for a 3 inch one-dimensional turd? I sure hope Tom will do a box split with me!!!
Yet another reason I haven't fallen susceptible to the LE craze that is destroying the industry.....since when did producing quality smokes in regular packaging fall out of grace?
[Reply]
Hem 05:30 AM 03-18-2012
Excuse me sir but my one-dimensional turd only cost $6. :-)

To each their own, I hope I enjoy mine. I wish they WOULD make some of these cigars regular production..here's to hoping. :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:08 AM 03-18-2012
I paid $6 and it was buy one get the second at half price.
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:48 AM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
Excuse me sir but my one-dimensional turd only cost $6. :-)

To each their own, I hope I enjoy mine. I wish they WOULD make some of these cigars regular production..here's to hoping. :-)
:-) Mine only cost $6, too.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:16 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by thecatch83:
Yet another reason I haven't fallen susceptible to the LE craze that is destroying the industry.....since when did producing quality smokes in regular packaging fall out of grace?
EXACTLY! At what point did marketing cigars in a cardboard box to look like ammunition (or dynamite in wooden crates, etc) rushing them out wet, and calling it an LE, was needed to sell cigars?

I hate to sound like that, and I absolutely love all things Viaje, but I temper my expectations when it comes to these LEs. I also let them sit for months before lighting them up.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:48 PM 03-18-2012
Best stick out of the Viaje camp in a while in my opinion. I'm guessing you bought it from Outland since it's the only Viaje retailer in Charlotte and they were moving quick. I thought it was a good little powerhouse smoke and yes it was very one dimensional. Most sticks of that size built for power tend to be. I have yet to smoke the 10 gauge but did score a couple and initial reports are those ares smoking just as good. In the last year I have been very choosy on what Viaje product I buy as most of it has been very green in my opinion and I waited to hear feedback on these before dropping any coin on them. I passed on the Skull and Bones just like I have the last 2 or 3 releases.
[Reply]
tengel78 07:55 PM 03-18-2012
I enjoyed this one as well. Like most others said, it is one dimensional, but I still enjoyed it. I have a few more resting that I will try again in a couple months.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up