Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Kitchen transformation progress...
pektel 02:19 PM 03-12-2012
Been a busy couple weeks. My new kitchen has slowly been coming together. We set it up at a local trade show as a display about a week and a half ago (first weekend in March). Took it down last Sunday, ripped out old cabinets Mon-Tues evenings, sold and loaded up the old cabinets on Wed. evening, and installed new cabinetry ALL DAY Thursday.

This damn remodel is really starting to take effect. Now I'm replacing flooring and lighting, since they look terrible next to the new cabinets. The entire wall between the countertop and upper cabinets will be a glass and travertine linear brick tile (each tile is 5/8" tall x 2", 4", or 6" random pattern). That's showing up this week, and installed shortly after. Flooring has to be done before the end of the month.

Anyways, enough blabbering. Here's the before pics. Old cabinets were builder grade, and 22 years old:

Progress pics in next post.
[Reply]
pektel 02:20 PM 03-12-2012
And after cabinets/tops installed. I'll be finishing the crown moulding tomorrow. Island has Alaska White granite. Perimeter counter is a Wilsonart HD laminate. The hood is not permanently mounted yet. Just have it hung on the wall (yes I know it's not quite level) so it doesn't get damaged while I wait for tile.

The new upper cabinets are 36" tall, to fit closer to the ceiling. I extended the sink countertop and cabinets to add a garbage cabinet, and to relocate the microwave.

Of course, the fridge looked TERRIBLE in the new kitchen, so this got delivered late Saturday night. Whirlpool Gold, ice maker in the bottom freezer drawer (I didn't want the ice dispenser in the door anymore):

[Reply]
awsmith4 02:27 PM 03-12-2012
Looks great so far :-)
[Reply]
pektel 02:35 PM 03-12-2012
Thanks!

For some reason, all the pics of the new cabinets make them look black. They are actually an espresso stain on maple.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 02:45 PM 03-12-2012
Nice, that faucet look huge. How is it working out?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pektel 02:49 PM 03-12-2012
I actually really like it. Not quite the reach of a traditional pull out style faucet, but definitely gets the job done! I have no negative things to say about it so far. But it's only been installed for a week. I use the little spigot right next to the faucet way more than the regular one. Reverse Osmosis system, and I use it for EVERYTHING. Even for boiling pasta. It does make a big difference.
[Reply]
E.J. 03:21 PM 03-12-2012
Looks great!
[Reply]
jledou 03:28 PM 03-12-2012
Looks good Peter! Sorry to see the wife won't let you put your artwork back up on the fridge though :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 03:37 PM 03-12-2012
Wow man, that is a great job you have done :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 03:38 PM 03-12-2012
Wow, looks great Peter.
[Reply]
jluck 03:58 PM 03-12-2012
That's very nice man! I really like the cabinets.:-)
[Reply]
tengel78 04:06 PM 03-12-2012
Very nice!
[Reply]
MrClean 04:36 PM 03-12-2012
Those are some beautiful cabinets Peter. Maple stained dark like that is always a good choice. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 04:51 PM 03-12-2012
No wonder I haven't heard from you in a while, hahaha. Looks nice Pietro.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:04 PM 03-12-2012
Looks great Peter!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
pektel 06:34 PM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
No wonder I haven't heard from you in a while, hahaha. Looks nice Pietro.
Yeah man. Been super busy lately. FINALLY starting to slow down just a little. Though now the busy season starts at work. Hopefully that means more money to pay for this damn project! :-)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. The gf thought I was taking a big risk by going so modern/dramatic with everything. I'm loving the results so far :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Taki 08:07 PM 03-12-2012
Wow!! Very nice brother...I love the dark colors! Looks Awesome brother :-)
[Reply]
Jasonw560 08:19 PM 03-12-2012
Very nice!! Those are beautiful cabinets. I really like the pulls.

Is the ceiling fan going to be the only light you have in there?
[Reply]
pektel 08:43 PM 03-12-2012
Thanks! The pulls are from Italy, and distributed by schaub.

In addition to the main fan/light (I wont be replacing with a fan, just some sort of multiple-bulb light), I installed this yesterday above the sink:

The dining room has a fan, and is right next to the island.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:51 PM 03-13-2012
We have 3 of those (similar) above our island. If that are anything like ours, buy LOTS of bulbs.

I asked because it looked like you had under cabinet lights in your first pics, and was wondering if you kept them after the remodel.

The whole thing is looking great!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up