Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>My Dream Came True Today
shilala 04:27 PM 02-22-2012
I finally made the move to order my CNC machine for my shop.
I picked the PRSstandard BT48 with a 4' powerstick, digitizer probe, casters, and all the rest of the options that made sense.
The lady who was helping me talked me out of a bunch of things and turned me around altogether on what I was going to do.

This is what she looks like...

It will make absolutely anything the mind can conjure, beit out of wood, plastics or aluminum. It'll take a lot of work out of my humidor building, allow me to make all the cabinetry and custom woodwork for the house and basement (when I finish it) and can copy anything that's already been made.

Lots of people make specialty signs and stuff like that, that's not really what I'm after. But the abilty to work those sorts of components into hardwoods, that really piques my interest.
I'll be able to make all sorts of humidors that literally have never been done before, or even attempted. I have about a zillion ideas swimming in my head.

I'm currently reworking the entire shop to accept an air cleaner, dust collector, new lighting, cabinetry, and all my new tools. I just picked up a Sawstop Table Saw and a Powermatic 2800 drill press that round out my tools.
I should be completely done and cranking stuff out in the next couple months, although I still have a ton of work to do. I'm just about done pulling wire, then I can insulate, cover the walls, and finish the cabinets, shelving, workbench and the nesting roller worktable that'll sit under my workbench.

It's the shop of my dreams, something I never thought would happen. Why God is so good to me, I'll never know.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 04:31 PM 02-22-2012
nice grab.

but holy big picture batman.
[Reply]
shilala 04:32 PM 02-22-2012
I just fixed the pic. Wow, it was huge. It was 300 dpi, I had to smaller it. :-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 04:33 PM 02-22-2012
Nice!!! With all that hi-tech stuff you got I bet you could do plastic surgery on the side as well.

I know a few females who'd be interested, just let me know! :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:35 PM 02-22-2012
That is great Scott! Glad to see things going good for you!
[Reply]
CRIMPS 04:39 PM 02-22-2012
Awesome, Scott! Wood working has become a bit of a passion of mine as well. So, I can just imagine the gears turning inside your head right now.

Congrats!
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 04:40 PM 02-22-2012
That's one beautiful machine! I'd be like a kid at Christmas with that. And having the room to set it up right - ahhhh.
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:47 PM 02-22-2012
Very nice, Scott. My late brother was extremely proud of the years he put in building his dream shop. Here's a small part of it.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:50 PM 02-22-2012
Congrats Scott!! I see many hours of bliss in your future. :-) Not to mention the weird sh!t you will create. :-) :-)
[Reply]
tengel78 05:31 PM 02-22-2012
Awesome Scott! I would be creating all sorts of crazy thing if I had one.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:36 PM 02-22-2012
Wow Scott, what a great tool I cannot wait to see what goodies you put out with that.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:37 PM 02-22-2012
I'm jealous! But glad you were able to make this happen! Great things to come, no doubt!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:37 PM 02-22-2012
Very nice Scott:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:39 PM 02-22-2012
Happy for ya, brother!
[Reply]
Bill86 05:43 PM 02-22-2012
Very nice Scott! Can't wait what it creates :-)
[Reply]
joeobx 05:48 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Congrats Scott!! I see many hours of bliss in your future. :-) Not to mention the weird sh!t you will create. :-) :-)
:-) It looks great Scott, by the way where do you buy your wood from.......I want to buy stock in the company :-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:52 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by joeobx:
:-) It looks great Scott, by the way where do you buy your wood from.......I want to buy stock in the company :-)
LOL.
I just found two sawmills right near me that have great stuff at reasonable prices. They don't have exotics, but I can already get that stuff at good prices.
There's a place here by home and I was pricing their stuff the other night. For one board 1" thick, 9" wide and 10' long, dark walnut, $144.00.
I can buy a trailer full of rough cut oak for that and still have money left for a Whopper and fries.
It's tough around here!!!
[Reply]
Scottw 05:57 PM 02-22-2012
Best of luck with it bro!
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 06:02 PM 02-22-2012
That looks awesome.
[Reply]
Remo 06:04 PM 02-22-2012
That is cool Scott :-) Congrats!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4