Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>MCL Tear
CigarSquid 02:15 PM 02-14-2012
Last nights softball game, I gave myself a grade II tear on my MCL. I was rounding first, went to stop, Left foot slipped on the wet turf.. Right knee bent sideways.. POP is all I heard.. I stretch back to first.. and am yelling for a runner.

I walked it off as much as I can. Finished the game. Had some beers with my bro in law at his place after.. I hobble home and in bed. Wake up this morning.. Stiff.. I can not move it.

I call into work, explain. I go to the doctor and get x-rays. That is when I learn about the tear in my MCL.

Light duty at work. I deliver batteries, Not for two weeks now. Also, 3-4 weeks before I can get back into softball.

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 02:20 PM 02-14-2012
I'm sorry man.. hope you get better soon.
Maybe smoke some extra cigars, that should help with the healing process. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:22 PM 02-14-2012
That is what I was thinking.. I am finally home.. from the running around for all of this.. And I have just pulled the cooler out to find a smoke.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:37 PM 02-14-2012
Sorry to hear this Garry, yeah smoke some, it seemed to help Sevans.....here's to a speedy recovery.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:40 PM 02-14-2012
Just fired up a PDR Oscuro!
[Reply]
maninblack 03:16 PM 02-14-2012
Dang that really sucks Garry. But it makes it easier for you to be a zombie since they lurch around and drag their bad leg behind them.:-)
[Reply]
Remo 03:20 PM 02-14-2012
That sucks Garry, did a complete ACL and partial MCL a few years ago, surgery and 6 mos. light duty :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 03:24 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Dang that really sucks Garry. But it makes it easier for you to be a zombie since they lurch around and drag their bad leg behind them.:-)
True. By tomorrow I should have the walk down to a tee.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:43 PM 02-14-2012
Sorry to hear brother.
[Reply]
bobarian 04:53 PM 02-14-2012
Sorry bro, sounds like your on the mend.
[Reply]
Liquid Smoke 06:13 PM 02-14-2012
I feel your pain as I tore my acl about three weeks ago. Good news is you don't have to have surgery.
[Reply]
sevans105 06:18 PM 02-14-2012
You got the lurch.....and probably the moan too....

Sorry to hear man....being hurt sucks. Heres to a speedy recovery!
[Reply]
EricF 06:26 PM 02-14-2012
Sorry to hear about that Garry. Hope you get better soon!!! :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:29 PM 02-14-2012
Wish my MCL tear came without surgery. Best of luck on a speedy recovery. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 06:29 PM 02-14-2012
[Reply]
Salvelinus 08:58 PM 02-14-2012
That sucks Garry. I had a buddy a couple years ago that failed to stop a fly ball before it hit him in the face during a softball game. He had a perfect softball size dent in his face for a week until they could fix it. He still hasn't lived it down.
[Reply]
jluck 09:03 PM 02-14-2012
Take care of that thing brother. I tore a rotator cuff a few years ago. I would have never guessed soft tissue damage could hurt so bad for so damn long. Two years to heal.
[Reply]
mash 09:09 PM 02-14-2012
Work on quad strengthening. Your quads will atrophy like crazy over the next few weeks. The stronger they are, the more they will protect the ligament and stabilize your knee.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:16 PM 02-14-2012
I am so glad no surgery!

Originally Posted by Salvelinus:
That sucks Garry. I had a buddy a couple years ago that failed to stop a fly ball before it hit him in the face during a softball game. He had a perfect softball size dent in his face for a week until they could fix it. He still hasn't lived it down.
Curious to see that.

Originally Posted by jluck:
Take care of that thing brother. I tore a rotator cuff a few years ago. I would have never guessed soft tissue damage could hurt so bad for so damn long. Two years to heal.
I think mine is on the fritz.

Originally Posted by mash:
Work on quad strengthening. Your quads will atrophy like crazy over the next few weeks. The stronger they are, the more they will protect the ligament and stabilize your knee.
I have been told that so much today. I am going to research things to do and work on them!
[Reply]
icehog3 11:18 PM 02-14-2012
Best of luck healing quickly, Garry. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up