Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Firefox - Anybody else having problems?
RGD. 06:12 PM 02-12-2012
Since this last update I've had nothing but problems with Firefox. Continuously locks up (not responding) or just sits there likes it's trying to find whatever site I'm wanting.

The only way to continue is to end the process. Then half the time I get the Firefox Welcome screen that it gives after big updates.

And forget about using it after the computer goes to sleep and wakes back up.

I've loved Firefox but I can't keep this up - getting ready to try out Chrome.

Ron
[Reply]
TheTraveler 06:20 PM 02-12-2012
IE when forced into it, Firefox for **** and Chrome for everything else. :-)

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Sorry, I sometimes think I'm funny.

I too have been a Firefox fan for a while now. I recently tried Chrome and liked it, now I split my surfing about 50/50 between Chrome and Firefox. Personally I haven't noticed any problems with Firefox. Is it a general problem or something you only get when surfing certain sites like this one, watching videos on youtube, keeping up with online auctions on fleabay, visiting sites with a lot of streaming content or java apps, etc.?
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:21 PM 02-12-2012
Hello Ron, I'm currently using FireFox 10.0.1 and I've had no problems to date. I've been using the FF browser for a little over a year and a half, while installing the updates as they become available.

I'm not an IT guy, so do not have any valid information to throw your way. I know sometimes, a recommendation may be to simply uninstall the browser and then reinstall.

I'm sure an IT guru will come along with some advice.

Good Luck...

[Reply]
Bigwaved 06:29 PM 02-12-2012
I had troubles with one of the releases of FF, but that was 3-4 updates ago.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:44 PM 02-12-2012
I had issues on Yahoo Mail and my sister is still having trouble with pinterest. I updated and restarted laptop, My problem has gone away.

I have been using FF... for 7+ years.. Love it.
[Reply]
backwoods357 07:56 PM 02-12-2012
I used to use firefox until a big release (3.0 ish iirc) and it completely broke and nothing would fix it (even a uninstall/reinstall, I finally fixed it with a manual removal of everthing). I switched to chrome and never looked back, leaps and bounds better. They update constantly and I never notice.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:19 PM 02-12-2012
I switched to Chrome from FF a while back. Works well for me.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:21 PM 02-12-2012
No issues for me, Ron.
I am running Firefox on Apple OS X.
[Reply]
numismaniac 08:23 PM 02-12-2012
^same here
[Reply]
fencefixer 08:32 PM 02-12-2012
First thing I'd do is disable extensions/plugins 1 by 1 to see if that's the culprit.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:33 PM 02-12-2012
I haven't had any problems.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:38 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
No issues for me, Ron.
I am running Firefox on Apple OS X.
:-) Is the new version compatible with your OS? I was having some issues with the last update of FF on my wifes machine until I realized I needed to update her OS. She too is running OSX.
[Reply]
RGD. 09:21 PM 02-12-2012
Running version 10.0.1 on Win 7.

Been an FF user since it first started and this is the first problem I've ever had to include running the mobile versions on my phones. Which is really cool on my Android as I can access my desktop bookmarks and all. I'm not seeing that with Chrome - I don't even see a version of Chrome that works on my Android.

I had Chrome previously downloaded so I updated and populated it. Problem is I've really grown fond of the "live bookmarks" which Chrome doesn't have. Other than that I do like Chrome since I have damn near every other thing that Google makes.

I guess I could blow it off and re-install - I just hate doing that.

Ron
[Reply]
backwoods357 11:01 PM 02-12-2012
http://www.howtogeek.com/64366/how-t...android-phone/

Sync is built in, the above describes how to enable it on a desktop and sync to android browser, and chrome for android was beta'd last Tues:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/...r-android.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=lVjw7n_U37A#!

looks like it has everything you need.
[Reply]
backwoods357 06:10 PM 02-13-2012
BTW, I checked it out today. 4.0 (ICS) only. :-) for my gingerbread phone.
[Reply]
irratebass 06:26 PM 02-13-2012
no issues here at all.
[Reply]
miamicigarco 08:47 AM 02-14-2012
Since the new update I get Not Responding from time to time, I wait 15 seconds or so and it responds.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:29 AM 02-14-2012
I've had the same issues as the OP on my MacBook, I usually force quit and re-open and I'm good to go.
[Reply]
shilala 09:30 AM 02-14-2012
I've tried Firefox a number of times and had problems. I've never had issues with IE, but I've installed Chrome and I like it. I just don't know my way around it well enough and it frustrates me, so I go back to IE.
I expect I'll ultimately end up using Chrome, it's nice and clean. I just need to have patience to suffer the learning curve or watch a short tutorial.
I've tried to get beside Safari and it just looks too much like iTunes and I hate iTunes with an unbridled passion. :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 10:37 PM 02-17-2012
Hmmm - so Win7 did it's update thing the other day and since then Firefox has worked perfectly - just like it use to.

But - as I started up Firefox to log onto the site here - it did a quick update so I guess we will see :-)

Ron
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up