Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Bad Breath
44stampede 06:32 PM 01-20-2012
Anyone know what it is in a cigar that can cause your mouth to taste like your cat mistook your mouth for a litter box?

Some cigars don't seem to have that effect for me but these Gurhkas I have been smoking the past 2 days have a horrible after taste. Curious if there is something in the process of making a cigar that can affect that.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 06:34 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
but these Gurhkas I have been smoking
problem right there.

J/K I don't really like Gurhkas but I don't know why some cigars leave a bad taste.
[Reply]
44stampede 06:39 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
problem right there.

J/K I don't really like Gurhkas but I don't know why some cigars leave a bad taste.
I hear that for sure. These will most likely be the last Gurhkas I will smoke but I have a bunch and am waiting for a bunch of others so I just keep hoping "maybe this one will be okay".
[Reply]
maninblack 06:39 PM 01-20-2012
Gurkhas. Nuff said.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 06:46 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Gurkhas. Nuff said.
there is also the saying one and done... will not smoke another
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 06:47 PM 01-20-2012
Anyone know what it is in a cigar that can cause your mouth to taste like your cat mistook your mouth for a litter box?

Some cigars don't seem to have that effect for me but these Gurhkas I have been smoking the past 2 days have a horrible after taste. Curious if there is something in the process of making a cigar that can affect that.
Nope! It's the Gurhkas. Taste like dirt...then you get the cat poo mouth.:-) JK
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:47 PM 01-20-2012
Not sure about the breath thing but the Gurkha Doble Maduro is a damn fine stick (of course they discontinued them).
[Reply]
shilala 07:04 PM 01-20-2012
Gurkhas generally do suck, but seriously, quality tobacco doesn't leave an awful taste.
I purposely stay away from Mexican, Ecuadorean and Honduran tobacco because I get a horrid aftertaste that lasts for a couple days.
On the other hand, one of my favorite cigars is a blend of a bunch of different tobaccos from different countries and they leave an aftertaste that I can't shake for days. The only way to get rid of it is to smoke enough really strong nic puro maduros to mask it.
I enjoy that aftertaste from that particular cigar, so it's not an issue, but I really have to be in the mood for that kind of commitment before I spark one up.
[Reply]
Taki 07:07 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
problem right there.

:-):-)
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 07:08 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Gurkhas generally do suck, but seriously, quality tobacco doesn't leave an awful taste.
I purposely stay away from Mexican, Ecuadorean and Honduran tobacco because I get a horrid aftertaste that lasts for a couple days.
On the other hand, one of my favorite cigars is a blend of a bunch of different tobaccos from different countries and they leave an aftertaste that I can't shake for days. The only way to get rid of it is to smoke enough really strong nic puro maduros to mask it.
I enjoy that aftertaste from that particular cigar, so it's not an issue, but I really have to be in the mood for that kind of commitment before I spark one up.
What cigar, if you don't mind me asking?
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:12 PM 01-20-2012

It's a little known fact that Gurkhas are aged in litter boxes.

Of course, they use premium litter.
[Reply]
schollianmj 07:39 PM 01-20-2012
you want an aftertaste that lasts for days, try an Acid Blondie. I thought I had gargled a hippie for a week!
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 07:57 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by schollianmj:
you want an aftertaste that lasts for days, try an Acid Blondie. I thought I had gargled a hippie for a week!
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:59 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
Nope! It's the Gurhkas. Taste like dirt...then you get the cat poo mouth.:-) JK
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
44stampede 08:05 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
It's a little known fact that Gurkhas are aged in litter boxes.

Of course, they use premium litter.

[Reply]
Digs 08:11 PM 01-20-2012
I usually get the poo 💩💩💩💩mouth from Dominicans
[Reply]
lenguamor 08:12 PM 01-20-2012
I find that if I'm well-hydrated and stay hydrated while I smoke, the aftereffect is less. Certain things you drink while smoking may also "hold" the aftereffect longer.

The best thing for cigar mouth:

100% effective.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 08:39 PM 01-20-2012
Chew on some lavender.

Prostitutes used to put lavender between their mattresses to mask certain, ahem, "unsavory odors".

:-)

Seriously though, don't chew on lavender.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:10 PM 01-20-2012
these Gurhkas I have been smoking the past 2 days have a horrible after taste.

[Reply]
44stampede 02:18 AM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Thanks bro. i needed that...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up