Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>The wife busted me!
Crownedone 08:03 PM 01-17-2012
Well as many of you know I am away from home working and somewhere along the way I mentioned to the wife one night that an order of cigars will be coming to the house. During our conversation I also mentioned, said or mumbled....something about being out....almost out....well that was weeks ago and I had forgotten the conversation. Unfortunately my wife had not.

Tonight I got my nightly call, but this time she came out with "I thought you said you were out of cigars, you got two humidors full!" Ok….now at this point in the conversation I should have just stated talking house wives of some place or another, but not me I made the mistake of " but...but,. Honey those are not my daily smokes those have been there for over a year aging....you will immediately see my mistake. I was toast from that point on. No talk of Jimi choo shoes was going to save my butt....the conversation ended with her saying “don’t tell me your out when you’re not”....and me just sounding like an old motor boat...”butbutbutbut”.

I better make that call to Jimi sooner rather than later. Just wanted to share the shame!
[Reply]
44stampede 08:37 PM 01-17-2012
hahaha. Nice. Cigars are as mysterious to women as shoes and bags are to men. I have a wife with a closet full of bags that she never uses and shoes that she wore once. This works to my advantage as she has no leg to stand on with my sticks. :-)

She'll get over it.
[Reply]
hapi 08:37 PM 01-17-2012
This very very bad. I lucky and not have this problm. Good friends keep for me. You try next time and see.

-Hapi
[Reply]
Jasonw560 08:39 PM 01-17-2012
As long as mine can go junkin' and get stuff to sell, I'm in the clear with my cigars and shaving stuff.
[Reply]
goomer 08:43 PM 01-17-2012
Ouch. I bet she understands the difference if you break down the cost of smoking a daily smoker vs a more costly well aged smoke. On second thought don't go with that argument. Apologize lots and buy more shoes.
[Reply]
Crownedone 09:01 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by goomer:
Ouch. I bet she understands the difference if you break down the cost of smoking a daily smoker vs a more costly well aged smoke. On second thought don't go with that argument. Apologize lots and buy more shoes.
HAAAA...HAAAAA...I actually started down that road....did not go well. just more motor boat sounds.... now I just wont order and ship any thing home until I get off the road.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:02 PM 01-17-2012
Clearly, you have not correctly trained your wife that your cigars are your business and not hers.

:-)
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:44 PM 01-17-2012
Lol. My wife found a reciept from CI today. She just kind of scowed at me.
[Reply]
jluck 10:52 PM 01-17-2012
I told the wife last Friday when cbid billed the debit card..."that will be the last ones I buy for a while".....little does she know, "A while" is a week....just wait till she sees the bill from this weeks bidding....oh crap! :-)
[Reply]
tx_tuff 02:35 AM 01-18-2012
Guess I'm lucky, my wife would have been like "oh ok".
[Reply]
MrClean 02:53 AM 01-18-2012
My wife was kind enough to show me what I spent in the first 3 months, even I was shocked. I said the same thing "that will be it for awhile"........ 2 weeks later, another charge for sticks...... I'm a glutton for punishment. :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 04:19 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
hahaha. Nice. Cigars are as mysterious to women as shoes and bags are to men. I have a wife with a closet full of bags that she never uses and shoes that she wore once. This works to my advantage as she has no leg to stand on with my sticks. :-)

She'll get over it.
^^^ Very well said! I could not agree more! I had to "explain" to my wife my passion for cigars and why it is important that I get the time I need to enjoy my hobby and after a while she warmed up to it. Just takes some time...:-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:25 AM 01-18-2012
Remember, all women have that mother hearing and memories like an elephant.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 04:29 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue:
Remember, all women have that mother hearing and memories like an elephant.
Yes! This too ^^^ is very true! It helps for me when I "PIF" for my wife. As long as she feels she is put first, she is usually fine with me and smokes! :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 05:56 AM 01-18-2012
We've all been there, bro
[Reply]
Stevez 06:51 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by MrClean:
My wife was kind enough to show me what I spent in the first 3 months, even I was shocked. I said the same thing "that will be it for awhile"........ 2 weeks later, another charge for sticks...... I'm a glutton for punishment. :-)

This is me to a "T". Wife prepared a spreadsheet and I was toast as someone esle put it. Now everytime a box is delivered she scowls and says "more cigars" (with strong negative emphasis I might add). Oh well, after 28 years she gets over it. Steve
[Reply]
maninblack 07:01 AM 01-18-2012
My wife used to get upset at my purchases, but now she just tells me I have a package waiting and leaves it at that. I am one lucky man.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:55 AM 01-18-2012
24 hour rule: If she doesn't notice them within 24 hours of being in the house, she can't be angry about them. :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 08:37 AM 01-18-2012
My wife's response to my CI bill:

"Now I see what couples fight over money"

Then she walked off...the fight didn't happen, but the point was made! lol oh well...here's to buying more!
[Reply]
pektel 09:02 AM 01-18-2012
My gf (pretty much wife, been together for 7-8 years) has her own cooler of cigars. She was a little upset that I converted the wine fridge to a humi though.

All I gotta do is keep her away from the Cubans. I dont' want to have to worry about my 01 CoLa or other aged smokes disappearing on me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up