Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>dried out cigars?
mikeespo 09:25 PM 12-13-2011
I recently ordered some cigars from online and they sent them but did not send my humidor because it was on back order the cigars came in a zip locked bag with a water pillow in it i got the cigars on monday of this week they were shipped over 3 days and the humidor is not coming till thursday of this week then i need to season it do you guys think the cigars will be ok till i get the humidor then season it?
[Reply]
T.G 09:28 PM 12-13-2011
In a ziplock with a water pillow, they'll be fine for another week. After that, they might actually end up getting too moist due to the water pillow.
[Reply]
Remo 09:29 PM 12-13-2011
put em in a tupperware with pillow, no worries.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:55 PM 12-13-2011
Cigars are very resilient and often spend several days in transit without damage so keeping them in a protective environment while you season the humidor which did not arrive with said cigars should keep them in more than adequate condition to smoke well whether it be before your humidor is seasoned or after that is done as it is a process which should not be rushed and may take several days and will ultimately provide a perfect environment to protect your cigars from underhumidification and not let them be subject to drying out from the low humidity often present in the air in the winter when homes in the northern part of the country need to run a furnace to keep the air warm even though it tends to dry the air out and lower relative humidity in the house.
[Reply]
jsnake 12:00 AM 12-14-2011
Yeah, what all these guys said. I actually keep several tupperware containers with overstock and they smoke just fine. As long as you keep some kind of humidification device with them (even in a plastic bag) you should be good. The plastic bag short term at least.
[Reply]
weak_link 06:35 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Cigars are very resilient and often spend several days in transit without damage so keeping them in a protective environment while you season the humidor which did not arrive with said cigars should keep them in more than adequate condition to smoke well whether it be before your humidor is seasoned or after that is done as it is a process which should not be rushed and may take several days and will ultimately provide a perfect environment to protect your cigars from underhumidification and not let them be subject to drying out from the low humidity often present in the air in the winter when homes in the northern part of the country need to run a furnace to keep the air warm even though it tends to dry the air out and lower relative humidity in the house.
James Joyce?
[Reply]
chand 06:55 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
James Joyce?
:-) Made my day! Thanks.
[Reply]
Stephen 07:45 AM 12-14-2011
The way that mikeespo and CoreyD post, when I imagine them speaking in real life I give them the voice of John Moschitta, Jr.
[Reply]
Stephen 07:46 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
James Joyce?
Nice.:-)
[Reply]
mikeespo 08:24 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by chand:
:-) Made my day! Thanks.
how did i make your day?
[Reply]
chand 09:04 AM 12-14-2011
Not you, weak_link did. What can I say, I'm easily amused by literary references. :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:19 AM 12-14-2011
Still laughing over this one! :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:14 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Still laughing over this one! :-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
cigardan 02:21 PM 12-14-2011
I think they'll be fine. In the warmer, more humid, months I keep lots of my daily smokes and newer purchases outside of a humidor. I stil have several dozen cigars that I have not gotten into a humidor for the winter and I have been smoking from them just about every day and they are showing no signs of drying out.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:11 PM 12-14-2011
Lol
[Reply]
md4958 10:40 PM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by mikeespo:
I recently ordered some cigars from online and they sent them but did not send my humidor because it was on back order the cigars came in a zip locked bag with a water pillow in it i got the cigars on monday of this week they were shipped over 3 days and the humidor is not coming till thursday of this week then i need to season it do you guys think the cigars will be ok till i get the humidor then season it?

Welcome to the Asylum Mike! Ignore all these haters that use punctuation!! :-)

:-)

Seriously brother, your cigars will be just fine. Lotsa guys dont even use humidors.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:37 PM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
Welcome to the Asylum Mike! Ignore all these haters that use punctuation!! :-)

Seriously brother, your cigars will be just fine. Lotsa guys dont even use humidors.
Big shot with your exclamation points :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:07 AM 12-15-2011

In the end, isn't that what it's all about? Saving lives.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:11 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

In the end, isn't that what it's all about? Saving lives.
Question mark

Period

Bunch of elitists you are
[Reply]
pnoon 06:27 AM 12-15-2011
. . . he exclaimed, pointedly.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up