Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Looking for Cabinet Humidor Ideas
Shawn hines 01:30 AM 12-02-2011
Alright so I have gone though the thread "show your Humidors" and others. There are alot of humidors in there that are nice, but...
I am looking for ideas to have a custom Cabinet grade humidor built while I am overseas. If you guys have a Cabinet grade then will you post your pics? I am looking to copy off all of them.... Thanks
[Reply]
schollianmj 06:11 AM 12-02-2011
not sure of his pricing, but there is a member here that makes absolute works of art that just happen to double as humidors. check them out and if you decide to, support another inmate.

Humidor Minister
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:14 AM 12-02-2011
I have always wanted a TV stand humi/cabinet!

Something like this:
[Reply]
BlkDrew 06:36 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

Something like this:
That first one would make the best cabinet humi, just seal it up and line it with cedar.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:37 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
That first one would make the best cabinet humi, just seal it up and line it with cedar.
I agree and leave the top center section open for the TV electronics!:-)
Boxes in the center bottom and singles in the side drawers!
[Reply]
irratebass 08:56 AM 12-02-2011
That would be awesome, also look up Marlon K, he has an amazing humi.
[Reply]
GolfNut 09:34 AM 12-02-2011
Happy to toss my hat in the ring and work with you on a custom build Shawn.
Let me know if I can be of service. :-)
[Reply]
Shawn hines 09:36 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

Something like this:
The only problem is it isn't close to me on the couch... or I have to bend down to get a smoke... Now who wants to do that???
[Reply]
Shawn hines 09:37 AM 12-02-2011
I have gotten a couple of PMs from people, I have to say...Damn there are some nice humidors out there.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 12:58 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Shawn hines:
The only problem is it isn't close to me on the couch... or I have to bend down to get a smoke... Now who wants to do that???
Haha. In all seriousness, what about the heat generated by electronics?
[Reply]
mkarnold1 01:32 PM 12-02-2011
I have an antique buffet that I am using as a TV stand, I plan on using the top display cabinet to make my future humidor out of. This project most likely won't happen for a while.
After sealing it up, I plan on raising it up and fixing it to the wall.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 11:49 PM 12-02-2011
That may work pretty good, but I would line it with 1/4" cedar though out instead of veneer on the inside. Just my 2 cents
[Reply]
mkarnold1 12:23 AM 12-03-2011
Thanks for the tip. The only part that's veneer is the backer board. I was thinking of getting a 1/4" cedar plywood backer board for it. Would help stabilize it on the wall too, multifunctional. Perhaps replace the display shelves with spanish cedar slat shelving as well. Not sure what to seal it up with though. Thinking about silicone caulk but that has an odor to it and I don't want anything that will affect the cigars.
[Reply]
Bax 01:35 AM 12-03-2011
You can look for old gun cabinets on Craigs list. Just try to find a cabinet who's doors are inset into the cab to make it easier to seal.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 06:26 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
Thanks for the tip. The only part that's veneer is the backer board. I was thinking of getting a 1/4" cedar plywood backer board for it. Would help stabilize it on the wall too, multifunctional. Perhaps replace the display shelves with spanish cedar slat shelving as well. Not sure what to seal it up with though. Thinking about silicone caulk but that has an odor to it and I don't want anything that will affect the cigars.
Silicone for fish tanks or food grade doesn't have a smell, that should work for you.
[Reply]
Taki 07:04 AM 12-03-2011
I have an antique buffet that I am using as a TV stand, I plan on using the top display cabinet to make my future humidor out of. This project most likely won't happen for a while.
Pretty sweet keep us posted with pics as you go through your process
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:11 AM 12-03-2011
Work up a musical montage, get a twelve pack, and pick a weekend brother. That thing looks like it could be sweet.

Is that the DVD player I gave you in the bottom shelf?? :-):-):-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 08:09 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Work up a musical montage, get a twelve pack, and pick a weekend brother. That thing looks like it could be sweet.

Is that the DVD player I gave you in the bottom shelf?? :-):-):-)
The DVD player you gave me is half in the pic with the TV in it. That thing on the bottom shelf is a VCR/DVD combo that may or may not work. Right now that cabinet is serving as junk storage... :-)
[Reply]
goomer 08:19 AM 12-03-2011
I would be careful having a humidor made overseas. I am assuming that you are still in the middle east? You can get some nice items made over there for cheap but I would be careful of anything that requires precision and patient craftsmanship. I've bought quite a few items from clothes to furniture when I was in Bahrain in the 90's and again while deployed in Iraq. Some things are well made and a great deal. Others turned out to be junk. I'd hate to see you mess up a cabinet full of sticks because it doesn't seal correctly or the wrong wood was used. It'd be better, IMHO, to spend the money on a good well made humidor that you can trust. If I am incorrect in my assumptions then please disregard.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 08:42 PM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by goomer:
I would be careful having a humidor made overseas. I am assuming that you are still in the middle east? You can get some nice items made over there for cheap but I would be careful of anything that requires precision and patient craftsmanship. I've bought quite a few items from clothes to furniture when I was in Bahrain in the 90's and again while deployed in Iraq. Some things are well made and a great deal. Others turned out to be junk. I'd hate to see you mess up a cabinet full of sticks because it doesn't seal correctly or the wrong wood was used. It'd be better, IMHO, to spend the money on a good well made humidor that you can trust. If I am incorrect in my assumptions then please disregard.
Your right on it, I am traveling for "business" over here right now and I am jumping all around, but I keep coming back to Bahrain. I have found one guy so far that when I walked and said "Cigar box" he replied with "Spanish Cedar" not Rosewood. His work seems to be really nice work, and he isn't really cheap. I could probably have it made cheaper in the states.
I know what you are saying cause I see it ever day with some of the guys here.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up