Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>My new smoking friend...maybe you know him?
irratebass 01:20 PM 11-17-2011
Last Sunday my brother in law asked me if I was interested in a smoking buddy, I replied "Hell Yeah!" since all my botl's are not very close to me. He explained how this person had a massive humidor filled with all kinds of cigars. He gave me his # and left the rest up to me.

I finally got around to calling him on Tuesday night and introduced myself, he was actually at a B&M I hadn't been to before and we shot the chit for a bit. I invited him to the herf which probably isn't going to happen this Satuday.

I googled his name, because he told me he was a race car driver and had several world records under his belt and his latest car is a million dollar beauty....I know nothing about racing other than they usually go in circles, so I'm thinking to myself this guy can't be all that and be from my small little town.....well everything he told me was correct, but it still didn't dawn on me who he was.

I had done my part and I really wasn't expecting anything else from it.

Last night he calls me and asks if I had or was smoking, I told him no it was too cold he burst out in this evil maniacal laughter and asked if I wanted to come over and smoke some. My plan last night was to stay at home and clock in some time on my new game I just got the night before, I couldn't play it on Tuesday because wifey had taken over the tv so last night was my night to play.........but I thought about it for about 2 seconds and said "YES!" wife was out so I text her and told I was going.

I get the directions (9 mins from my house!) and I pull up, he meets me outside and we shake hands and he invtes me in to see his humi...pics below:
He started showing me his collection box by box and educating me more and more this hobby. He then asked me which one I wanted out of his humi, I didn't want to be greedy and take his Davidoffs or anything, so I chose the Bolivar Mudaro since I hadn't had one and have been wanting one for a few weeks now. I also brought him a Perdomo which to my surpirse he said he hadn't had before.

The Bolivar was a much milder than I anticipated, but it was a great smoke.

We go outside to his "office" which was basically his garage and there he proceeded to tell me about his company and what he does, I am not going to go into detail I will just tell you to google the name Marlon Kirby.

So I just wanted to tell you about my adventure last night and give props to a generous and fellow BOTL, I did tell him about CA and told him to join, but like all my friends they haven't found their way yet.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:25 PM 11-17-2011
That is an awesome looking stash he has! Looks like you may now have a new best friend to burn with! :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:26 PM 11-17-2011
Sounds like good times. Congrats on your new smoking buddy. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:29 PM 11-17-2011
Very cool Mickey! :-)
[Reply]
sevans105 01:34 PM 11-17-2011
Wild car....1600hp! CAAAARAAAAYZEEEE.
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:48 PM 11-17-2011
Sweet night!!!:-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 04:15 PM 11-17-2011
Damn Mickey I am jealous now. I would love to find some guys up here in Seattle that were as in to Cigars as I am. The only close BOTL's are way down in Tacoma...
[Reply]
Ogre 04:20 PM 11-17-2011
I love making new friends!!! Sounds like you had a great time.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:39 PM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Damn Mickey I am jealous now. I would love to find some guys up here in Seattle that were as in to Cigars as I am. The only close BOTL's are way down in Tacoma...
I had no idea about him either....all thanks to my bro in law
[Reply]
WittyUserName 04:49 PM 11-17-2011
Thank you for the story Mickey, that is awesome. Congratulations!!
[Reply]
forgop 05:17 PM 11-17-2011
How about an invite next time? :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:31 PM 11-17-2011
Pretty cool Mickey!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:09 PM 11-17-2011
It's all about the friends...thanks for sharing Mickey!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:14 PM 11-17-2011
Awesome, Mickey! :-)
[Reply]
Remo 07:16 PM 11-17-2011
Dude, that is awesome Mickey :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:56 PM 11-17-2011
That's cool Mickey!
[Reply]
Chemyst 08:08 PM 11-17-2011
Great story. You owe your bro-in-law, now.
Hope your new friend remains friendly.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 08:18 PM 11-17-2011
Awesome story... Good for both of you, can never have too many guys to smoke with....
[Reply]
cmitch 08:41 PM 11-17-2011
And the only ones I get to smoke with turned out to be hall of fame musicians.
Very interesting story. Congrats on your new found friendship.:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 04:28 AM 11-18-2011
He called me last night on his way back from a local cigar event that I couldn't make, it was $80 and with that you get an Opus X, a Julius Ceaser, and a 14oz NY Strip steak. He said he also picked up one of those Macanudos with that metal band....lucky bastige.

I thought it was funny that he called me on the way home, I guess I was keeping him company lol. He asked if I smoked a cigar today, I sadly had to tell him no, because I had a family event and it was too cold....he called me a pu$$y then laughed at me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up