Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Would you ever quit smoking?
big a 07:09 PM 11-14-2011
Well I have had some unexpected heath things come up that is not releated to cigar smoking but it has got me thinking/ wondering if I should give it up. So my question to you is, it there anything you can think of that would drive you give up smoking?
[Reply]
Taki 07:13 PM 11-14-2011
Unfortunately i struggled with that question a lot a while back....i don't think i would ever quit but i would slow down, in fact i have already slowed down. Instead of one or two a day i am at 1-3 a week now so...but its definitely hard. Being Diabetic i have to try and do everything to stay healthy. Good Luck with the struggle and i hope everything is ok and works out for you. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:14 PM 11-14-2011
If I had a smoking related illness, I would stop. If smoking severely endangered my life due to some a non-related illness, I would stop. If I could not afford to msoke anymore, I would stop. If I lost interest in the hobby I would stop.

Thats about it.
[Reply]
Ogre 07:15 PM 11-14-2011
I will smoke Cigars as long as I can pick one up and hold it to my lips. I figured you only get one trip here and want to make the most of it.
[Reply]
md4958 07:22 PM 11-14-2011
Sure why not? Its not an addiction, just a hobby I really really really enjoy.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:23 PM 11-14-2011
I would quit if they stopped making cigars, and all the old ones were smoked up.

Or if zombies take over Cuba.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:37 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would quit if they stopped making cigars, and all the old ones were smoked up.

Or if they run out of virgin's thighs. :-)

Seriously, if I had a health condition where there was concrete proof indicating cigars were having a negative impact on me, yeah, I'd quit. I quit cigs because of the provable health consequences attributable to them. But I don't think there are many health conditions that would meet my criteria when it comes to cigars. And if I did have to quit, it'd be ugly. Really really ugly. :-)
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 07:41 PM 11-14-2011
I'll quit when/if I lose interest in smoking cigars.
[Reply]
lenguamor 07:58 PM 11-14-2011
Only if I was diagnosed with markers for oral or throat cancer; other than that, hell no.

I've smoked cigars for over 35 years; my grandfather smoked them until the day he died...run over by a motorcycle in his late 70s. My great-grandfather smoked them until he died, over 90 years old.
[Reply]
big a 07:59 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Taki:
Unfortunately i struggled with that question a lot a while back....i don't think i would ever quit but i would slow down, in fact i have already slowed down. Instead of one or two a day i am at 1-3 a week now so...but its definitely hard. Being Diabetic i have to try and do everything to stay healthy. Good Luck with the struggle and i hope everything is ok and works out for you. :-)
I don't smoke all that often i was down to 1-3 a week in the nice months and maybe 1 in the winter months. Did you feel that people would judge you for still smoking? I don't care what people think and i have already had this conversation with my wife and she is totally fine with me still smoking. However i can help but feel that i am being irresponsible for still smoking.
[Reply]
guado 08:00 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by cornrow_wallis:
i'll quit when/if i lose interest in smoking cigars.
this...

Originally Posted by lenguamor:
only if i was diagnosed with markers for oral or throat cancer; other than that, hell no.
and this!
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 08:16 PM 11-14-2011
Well, I have not thought of quitting. I am an occasional smoker and that's healthy for me.
[Reply]
Remo 08:46 PM 11-14-2011
If it was really harming my health yes, but I would quit dipping first :-)
[Reply]
cobra03 09:06 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:

But what if it turns out zombies can make good cuban cigars? I would smoke good zombie cigars.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:30 PM 11-14-2011
IF I was told that another cigar would KILL me- I'd stop. Otherwise

Nah, nah, nah
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:32 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by cobra03:
But what if it turns out zombies can make good cuban cigars? I would smoke good zombie cigars.
That might be the next Tat specialty line. Oscuro wrapper, but kinda one-dimensional.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:36 PM 11-14-2011
I would quit if I had signs of oral or throat cancer myself. Or if I had bypass surgery. I've been smokng for 25 years, sometimes every day, sometimes once a week or month. Just had a dental check up, no oral cancer.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 09:38 PM 11-14-2011
tough call. I really dont know
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:42 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
Sure why not? Its not an addiction, just a hobby I really really really enjoy.
This. I would probably only quit though if it got really expensive or noticeably affected my health.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:46 PM 11-14-2011
Yes I'd quit. Cigars are a hobby, one I enjoy, but it is just that, a hobby. I like drinking super hoppy IPA's, if never there was to be produced another IPA, I'd be drinking scotch, or good wine instead. Mind you I have no plans to stop, but there are plenty of other hobbys to enjoy.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up