Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Makers Mark Cigars
sammyboy405 01:20 AM 11-14-2011
Anyone know of anywhere having a sale or something on Makers Mark Cigars.. tasted one the other day and they are awesome.. i want more. but they are kinda pricey.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 04:34 AM 11-14-2011
Not that I know of. :-) Sorry
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 04:45 AM 11-14-2011
Not that I've heard of. I'll check my locals and see what they have them listed for.
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 05:06 AM 11-14-2011
Famous shows them on sale for 121 till end of today I think. Not sure if this is what you smoked.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/makers+m...918_GoogleBase
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 05:12 AM 11-14-2011
Also, are these an infused/flavored cigar? Never had one before, so just curious what these are like.

Not something I would go out and buy, but just curious what the characteristics are like.
[Reply]
Benwoo 10:01 AM 11-14-2011
I have been wanting to try these just haven't had the chance, considering I love the whiskey. These are Maker's Mark whiskey infused cigars. As for the actual flavor profile I have no clue.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 10:10 AM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom:
Also, are these an infused/flavored cigar? Never had one before, so just curious what these are like.

Not something I would go out and buy, but just curious what the characteristics are like.
Originally Posted by Benwoo:
I have been wanting to try these just haven't had the chance, considering I love the whiskey. These are Maker's Mark whiskey infused cigars. As for the actual flavor profile I have no clue.
Description: Maker's Mark cigars combine two of man's greatest pleasures: Great bourbon and cigars. Subtle bourbon seasoning enhances these luxurious, mild to medium-bodied cigars handmade in The Dominican Republic with premium Cuban seed longfiller tobaccos and top-grade Sumatra wrappers. The result is an exquisite, well-balanced and aromatic smoke laced with the essence of Maker's Mark bourbon. Each cigar is hermetically sealed in a glass tube and hand-dipped in wax. A very different kind of cigar. Salud!

$8.00 a piece for these are not a bad price.

The only infused that I like and have had over and over is the Gurkha Grand Reserve (Natural premium cigars laced with Remy Martin ($1,200 a bottle) Louis XIII cognac.)

That's a yummy for me.

[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 10:16 AM 11-14-2011
I like Maker's Mark and cigars separately, but not so sure if I would like both combined. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:39 PM 11-14-2011
While not a big fan of infused cigars, Maker's Mark is one of the better ones, IMHO. They seem to have good tobacco quality and construction, and the bourbon flavor is pretty subtle.
[Reply]
ktblunden 02:06 PM 11-14-2011
I got a free sample from some site (don't remember where) when they started selling them 6 or more months ago. I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the tobacco or the construction, so I wonder if the consistency is off. I do agree that the flavor is subtle, but the one that I had had a damaged foot before I even took it out of the glass tube, the draw was really tight, and I had it split and unravel on me while I smoked it. This one was corona size, the larger ones might be better off.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:59 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
I got a free sample from some site (don't remember where) when they started selling them 6 or more months ago. I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the tobacco or the construction, so I wonder if the consistency is off. I do agree that the flavor is subtle, but the one that I had had a damaged foot before I even took it out of the glass tube, the draw was really tight, and I had it split and unravel on me while I smoked it. This one was corona size, the larger ones might be better off.
Possibly they were stored long term with no humidification? I think some poeple think that since they are in tubes, they will be fine with none for years.

The ones I smoked were years and years ago, so certainly the quality could have gone south over the years.
[Reply]
Taki 07:20 PM 11-14-2011
I believe i see them on Famous from time to time but sorry brother not really sure
[Reply]
sammyboy405 09:43 PM 11-15-2011
Yea my Friend and I are looking for the 650's so far the best price we can find is 6.50 a stick but it was on some site ive never heard of. my buddy tried to tell me the name but I forgot.. i just know i never heard of it..
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 05:18 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by sammyboy405:
Yea my Friend and I are looking for the 650's so far the best price we can find is 6.50 a stick but it was on some site ive never heard of. my buddy tried to tell me the name but I forgot.. i just know i never heard of it..
You looking for a box of these? Atlantic Cigar has the 650's for 148 a box.

They're right under 6 bucks a cigar. Not sure why their singles are more expensive. Maybe they're trying to sell what's left, I dunno.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/Maker%27s-Mark.asp

I've ordered from Atlantic Cigar before, never had a problem.
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:57 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Possibly they were stored long term with no humidification? I think some poeple think that since they are in tubes, they will be fine with none for years.

The ones I smoked were years and years ago, so certainly the quality could have gone south over the years.
Don't know, they were stored with humidification from the time I received them. The retailer had just started carrying them too, so I don't think they sat too long there. This was within the last year, so I think they were fairly new stock, unless the manufacturer was cleaning out their warehouse.
[Reply]
Flounder 02:12 PM 11-16-2011
I was bombed one over the summer. Probably going to bust it out tonight. I'll let y'all know what I think.
[Reply]
sammyboy405 06:40 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
I was bombed one over the summer. Probably going to bust it out tonight. I'll let y'all know what I think.
May have to look into that one.. Thats 5.94 a Stick.. Good Deal right there.
[Reply]
Dr Voss 07:04 PM 11-23-2011
I saw them at my local B&M but have been leery to try them, might have to go for it and see.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:57 AM 11-29-2011
Sorry for my delay, I was out of town for about 10 days, and came back to classes. But I did smoke one at my cabin. Delicious.

The taste it left on your lips was kind of sweet, I cant really tell if it was infused or not. But it was a little on medium to heavy side, but very smooth. I had to cut it as a punch didn't seem to open it enough but once I got the draw right it was awesome.

It was too long ago for me to write any better of a review, but for $5.94 a stick I say buy a few to try, and you make your own call.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 05:26 AM 12-01-2011
I personally am not a fan of the infused cigars, but I agree with most on the thread. This is one damn fine cigar. I bought a box a few years back and smoked them all within a few weeks.... Now I want more since we are talking about them...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up