Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>metal tasting cigar
deadrise 08:32 PM 09-21-2011
yea i guess i got a few dog rockets in some trades lately anyhow I smoke 1/2 one last night and threw it down. it left a awful metal taste in my mouth even had metal specs on the wrapper. so today i can still taste it and now the cigar i am smoking has hints of the same taste I have been tasting it all day any idea how to clean my pallet. the cigar was dry as popcorn and nasty nothing like the other mow i have had. maybe i should try a really strong cigar or more scotch idk something has got to work.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:40 PM 09-21-2011
Try some chocolate to clense your palate...works for me every time.
[Reply]
Ogre 08:41 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Try some chocolate to clense your palate...works for me every time.
:-) Hershey Kisses or M&Ms
[Reply]
akumushi 08:59 PM 09-21-2011
When I started out I found that a lot of the cheap cigars I was trying off CI had that nasty metallic aftertaste, it was too distracting to chase away with candy, and honestly, I probably would have quit cigars if I hadn't found a few brands that didn't have it. Over time I narrowed it down to cheap Dominican and Honduran tobaccos. Now I stick almost exclusively to Nicaraguan and Cuban puros and haven't had any problems with the metallic taste in years. My advise, stay away from the dog rockets unless you want to walk around with turd breath :-)
[Reply]
deadrise 02:08 AM 09-22-2011
yea all good tips chocolate kind of worked but i am scared to smoke a cigar as i hate to ruin it so i will wait. I have smoked a lot of different cigars some really bad but I am pass that point really I gift ones I do not like to someone who does not care and will smoke anything. but this was a man o war and I do not think it was the cigar or tobacco but maybe how it was kept. it tasted like smoking the band as a wrapper after it was on the dash or your car for a week or two. meh maybe i will recover soon thanks for the input everyone.
[Reply]
Tbagley 06:32 AM 09-22-2011
Sounds like the guys you traded with got the better end of the stick.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:36 AM 09-22-2011
Life is too short to smoke bad cigars ...
[Reply]
The Poet 01:55 PM 09-22-2011
Jason, you're supposed to take it out of the tube before you light it.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:00 PM 09-22-2011
I had one of these

that tasted a little metallic, but I just put it down to youth.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 04:37 PM 09-22-2011
You have to smoke the bad ones to find the good ones Jason, sorry to hear about it.
[Reply]
weak_link 05:06 PM 09-22-2011
Don't know if you are a drinker or not but scotch will clean that pallet right up.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 05:11 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
Don't know if you are a drinker or not but scotch will clean that pallet right up.
This is true... :-)

F.Y.I. When in doubt just stick to anything Padron of San Cristobal... :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 05:48 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
I had one of these

that tasted a little metallic, but I just put it down to youth.
I believe you're supposed to take the foil off of those before smoking

:-)

Too good of an opportunity to waste
[Reply]
deadrise 06:45 PM 09-22-2011
yea taking off the foil would be a good idea. and yes I am going to have a bunch of scotch tonight and try my last core chisel or something strong as my mind is still stuck on the taste I do not think it is actually still tasting it.
[Reply]
weak_link 08:39 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by deadrise:
yea taking off the foil would be a good idea. and yes I am going to have a bunch of scotch tonight and try my last core chisel or something strong as my mind is still stuck on the taste I do not think it is actually still tasting it.
Phantom flavors? Hmm...good plan with the scotch. :-) Actually I've had a taste like that 'stuck' in my head and no amount of scotch changed it. Couple days later my pallet was back to normal and all was well with my world again. Hope you can find something that brings you a bit of enjoyment tonight, brother.
[Reply]
deadrise 09:51 PM 09-22-2011
yea thanks man I am trying a Cu-avana Pvnisher and a big glass of cutty i figured if nothing else i will burn my taste buds back together
[Reply]
deadrise 10:33 PM 09-22-2011
well it worked till the pepper went away at 1/2 way when i normally start to really enjoy this stick the metal came back I would rather had :-):-):-):-) then this. I can't help but think I should say something to the man I mean it was a trade and i feel like i was dumped on :-)
[Reply]
iRiSh 02:39 PM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Life is too short to smoke bad cigars ...
Very true
[Reply]
Chemyst 11:41 PM 09-23-2011
I found that cigars that need some aging taste metallic or ammoniac.
Let them rest for a few months.
I had some La Perla Habanas years ago, and after 6-12 mos. they were
completely different. Lost the metallic taste.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
deadrise 01:50 AM 09-24-2011
1 cigar 1 chance I have had enough booze and good cigars tonight it is a lot better :-) still going
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up