Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Tips wanted for Make an offer on CI
mkarnold1 04:27 PM 09-16-2011
Any advice on the make an offer feature on cigars international? I made a couple offers there right now and have no idea how long they take to respond or how low is too low to offer (and still get the stogies). :-) :-)
Thanks in advance!
[Reply]
Mattso3000 04:51 PM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
Any advice on the make an offer feature on cigars international? I made a couple offers there right now and have no idea how long they take to respond or how low is too low to offer (and still get the stogies). :-) :-)
Thanks in advance!
PM incoming bro. You know you can just call me and ask...:-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:04 PM 09-16-2011
Yeah bro, I know. I'm hoping to get OTHER peoples' advice. (not that I don't value yours). On another topic, hypothetically speaking, if someone were going to get you an ice rod for your birthday what color guide threads would you prefer? Also, would you rather have a reel seat or tape your reel to the handle? And, finally, what type of wood would you like that handle to be made of?
[Reply]
Mattso3000 05:12 PM 09-16-2011
Yeah bro, I know. I'm hoping to get OTHER peoples' advice. (not that I don't value yours). On another topic, hypothetically speaking, if someone were going to get you an ice rod for your birthday what color guide threads would you prefer? Also, would you rather have a reel seat or tape your reel to the handle? And, finally, what type of wood would you like that handle to be made of?
Are you sure you know what hypothetically speaking means?? And gunmetal gray with metallic gray accents, reel seat, red cedar with a laser engraved walleye.:-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:16 PM 09-16-2011
Why the hell did I even ask... That was almost exactly what I was thinking. The only question in my mind was what other color besides gray for the threads. I didn't even consider a different grey. Brilliant! And the hypothetical part was an attempt at humor, at least I amuse myself...:-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:17 PM 09-16-2011
That sound great, while we are handing out rods and reels I could really use a new salmon rod. The pinks are going crazy out here this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Drez 05:19 PM 09-16-2011
speaking of rods i need to repair a couple of mine..... thanks for reminding me :-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:25 PM 09-16-2011
What have you been fighting with drez? Now that I think about it I also need to get me a new reel for my trout fly rod...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Drez 05:27 PM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
What have you been fighting with drez? Now that I think about it I also need to get me a new reel for my trout fly rod...
Posted via Mobile Device
nothing to big.... just need to retip a couple rods that have beat around over the years. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 05:29 PM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Posted via Mobile Device
His girlfriend spanks him with them when he wants to go fishing!!!!
[Reply]
Drez 05:29 PM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre:
His girlfriend spanks him with them when he wants to go fishing!!!!
oh here we go..... now the peanut gallery is here.........
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:31 PM 09-16-2011
Custom salmon rods are somewhere in the neighborhood of 15X what an ice rod cost. But this guy can make anything and he does a good job. A lot more options on thread colors and patterns too. I think I would be very quickly divorced and homeless if I purchased a custom salmon rod for myself, let alone someone I just met.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:33 PM 09-16-2011
Well get on it sir! Any way I have not done the make me an offer on ci as I found their system cumbersome, I either use cbid(and take my time) or cigars ay your price. Those are much easier and don't require you to wait.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:35 PM 09-16-2011
This is the guys site:
http://www.dlfcustomfishingrods.com/
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:36 PM 09-16-2011
1500? Just for the rod? Yeah that would be really expensive. Hell my wife got mad at me for thinking about looking into getting a new mtn bike at 4k those are not cheap either.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:37 PM 09-16-2011
This is the guys site:
Damn those do look very nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:38 PM 09-16-2011
This is the guys site:
Damn those do look very nice. No ice fishing in Seattle though.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:43 PM 09-16-2011
Um, wouldn't be 1500, closer to 500 I bet. I haven't priced them out though, as I live in MN.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:44 PM 09-16-2011
Never been fishing in the ocean, would love to though
[Reply]
T.G 05:49 PM 09-16-2011
Ooops. Didn't realize this was a fishing banter thread.

My bad.

<backs out slowly. closes door softly>
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up