Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Where to smoke in Norcal, bay area, fresno
RaiderinKS 05:53 PM 11-25-2008
I am going to be in SF/Oak/Fresno area from nov 30 through dec 9. Any good places to go for a smoke? Any herfs going on?

Also, anyone that can make a good recommendation for an uber seafood joint in SF or Oak, I am trying to find a place to eat over the weekend.

Thanks guys!
[Reply]
jcarlton 06:24 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by RaiderinKS:
I am going to be in SF/Oak/Fresno area from nov 30 through dec 9. Any good places to go for a smoke? Any herfs going on?

Also, anyone that can make a good recommendation for an uber seafood joint in SF or Oak, I am trying to find a place to eat over the weekend.

Thanks guys!
The BABOTL are a great bunch of folks and I bet some of them will chime in soon. :-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 06:26 PM 11-25-2008
Scouma's on the Wharf
[Reply]
Bruzee 06:41 PM 11-25-2008
In Fresno there is a shop called Cigars LTD. Very classy joint, and a huge selection. If you know when you'll be here, drop me a PM, and I'll meet up with you for a cigar!
[Reply]
Ratters 06:52 PM 11-25-2008
I'm having a herf on December 7th, you are more than welcome to come. Post up in the thread in the Herf section. I live about 45 minutes north of Oakland in Fairfield.

As for places to smoke I'm not sure about Oakland. There's Mission Pipe and Cigar in Pleasanton and San Jose, and West Coast cigars in San Jose. There's supposed to be a nice cigar bar in SF but I've never been there.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 06:52 PM 11-25-2008
get the clam chowder bowl from pier 39 I believe.
[Reply]
ghostrider 07:27 PM 11-25-2008
I'm right near Oakland, and work there. If you're interested in the Herf at Ratters and need a ride, let me know.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:42 PM 11-25-2008
If you meet up with the BABOTL you'll have a great time, however if you're going into B&Ms and lounges be prepared for California prices!!!:-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:45 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
If you meet up with the BABOTL you'll have a great time, however if you're going into B&Ms and lounges be prepared for California prices!!!:-)
so your saying he should take out a second mortgage? :-)
[Reply]
groogs 10:34 PM 11-25-2008
I hope to see you at the BABOTL herf.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:28 PM 11-25-2008
The Wharf is nice but very expensive. If you get to the other side of the bay, try Spenger's in Berkeley. :-)

It would be great if you can make it on the 7th.
[Reply]
weak_link 11:36 PM 11-25-2008
If you are stuck at the warf try the cioppino at, oddly enough, Cioppino's.

Hope to see you on the 7th.
[Reply]
groogs 11:39 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by bobarian:
The Wharf is nice but very expensive. If you get to the other side of the bay, try Spenger's in Berkeley. :-)
I went to Spenger's about four months ago and it just isn't the same. They use new low fat ingredients in the Clam Chowder and it just doesn't taste the same as it used to. I talked to an old lady who has worked there for more then 25 years, and she filled me in on the changes.
[Reply]
weak_link 11:47 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by groogs:
I went to Spenger's about four months ago and it just isn't the same. They use new low fat ingredients in the Clam Chowder and it just doesn't taste the same as it used to. I talked to an old lady who has worked there for more then 25 years, and she filled me in on the changes.
Low fat Clam Chowda'?! What's next, toffu simulated sockeye?
[Reply]
groogs 11:53 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by weak_link:
Low fat Clam Chowda'?! What's next, toffu simulated sockeye?
I am with you, what is the world comming to.:-)
[Reply]
doctorcue 10:45 AM 11-26-2008
Crustacean in SF is delicious! Web Link

Otherwise I'd recommend the two places Ratters did. Just post up when you're here and we'll help out as much as we can!
[Reply]
bonjing 12:29 PM 11-26-2008
I agree with Scoma's on the warf. and if Crustaceans is anything like their other restaurant, Thanh Long, i'll give them a thumbs up too. the garlic roasted crab at thanh long is good.

for cigar shops, there is Burlingame Tobacconist's, in Burlingame. Also there is Broadway Tobacconist's in Redwood City.
[Reply]
RaiderinKS 11:14 AM 11-28-2008
holy crap! I can't believe I forgot to ask this before. I am a ceviche nutjob, but living in ks I can't get any good ceviche. is there any place in the area to get great ceviche, especially classic style? if anyone has this kind of info, I will be REALLY happy.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:14 PM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by RaiderinKS:
holy crap! I can't believe I forgot to ask this before. I am a ceviche nutjob, but living in ks I can't get any good ceviche. is there any place in the area to get great ceviche, especially classic style? if anyone has this kind of info, I will be REALLY happy.
Try yelp.com.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 12:17 PM 11-28-2008
I have never had any in frisco , but if you go to the herf ill try to bring some home made.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up