Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Best $10 stick
Jon11 12:32 PM 08-16-2011
Alright guys I'm sure everyone will have a different answer, but looking for the best med-full bodied cigars for around $10. Opinions will be very helpful.
Thanks,
Jon
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:01 PM 08-16-2011
Illusione 88. If you can find the Maduro, get that.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:29 PM 08-16-2011
Litto Gomez Diez Americano.
[Reply]
bobarian 02:08 PM 08-16-2011
1) Your $10 is not the same as my $10, taxes differ in each state so comparing prices is very difficult if not impossible. Especially if you consider internet vendors and box vs 5pk or single pricing.

2) Everyone's opinion of a medium-full stick is different. For many the LG mentioned above is a Full+ stick others will consider it more Med. Try to focus on blender or country of origin. If you like one stick from Nicaragua, there is a chance you will enjoy others of the same origin. Also, focus on wrapper types. Maduro, Corojo, etc. Read review of similar smokes and try samplers to expand your palate. Smoke as many different cigars as you can. Half the fun is finding something new that you would never have thought of trying. :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 02:14 PM 08-16-2011
Liga Privada T52
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:41 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
1) Your $10 is not the same as my $10, taxes differ in each state so comparing prices is very difficult if not impossible. Especially if you consider internet vendors and box vs 5pk or single pricing.

2) Everyone's opinion of a medium-full stick is different. For many the LG mentioned above is a Full+ stick others will consider it more Med. Try to focus on blender or country of origin. If you like one stick from Nicaragua, there is a chance you will enjoy others of the same origin. Also, focus on wrapper types. Maduro, Corojo, etc. Read review of similar smokes and try samplers to expand your palate. Smoke as many different cigars as you can. Half the fun is finding something new that you would never have thought of trying. :-)
Even aside from these issues, $10 is such a sweet spot for great sticks, I wouldn't know where to begin with such a broad question.
[Reply]
Ogre 02:43 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Illusione 88. If you can find the Maduro, get that.
:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:47 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:

While all this is true, without knowing the OPs original intention for the question, all we can say is what we think the best stick for $10 is. My $10 LGD can be had on the interenet for that price quite regularly. And yes, there are those who'd think that more full. But, he already stated that he knew opinions would vary.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 03:36 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
Even aside from these issues, $10 is such a sweet spot for great sticks, I wouldn't know where to begin with such a broad question.
Exactly. Unless you can be more specific about your tastes, your likes, your dislikes....it's going to be a very long list.
[Reply]
maninblack 03:37 PM 08-16-2011
Lp 9.
[Reply]
mash 06:09 PM 08-16-2011
If you're thinking of an NC, one choice would be the Padron 1964 Exclusivo. One of my favorites.
[Reply]
shilala 06:39 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
You saved me thinking up words. I can immediately think of dozens of best sticks in that ballpark, one better than another on any given day.
I think the OP is just looking for good $10 suggestions, though?
[Reply]
darkninja67 06:23 AM 08-17-2011
Padron 1964 Exclusivo maduro which you can get for around $9 a stick if you go with a box. Nothing else really compares.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:34 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
Padron 1964 Exclusivo maduro which you can get for around $9 a stick if you go with a box. Nothing else really compares.
I'll second that :-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 06:40 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I'll second that :-)
I think you thirded and I seconded :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 06:49 AM 08-17-2011
And I will 4th it.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:01 AM 08-17-2011
Asking opinions on what cigar you will like is kind of a crap shoot. The best idea is to just smoke everything and find out what you like yourself. :-)

That being said, for me it would be Diamond Crown Maximus #5 :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 09:09 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Asking opinions on what cigar you will like is kind of a crap shoot.
Especially so when we have no frame of reference for the person's taste.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:53 AM 08-17-2011
Best $10 stick...

...is the one somebody gave me.

...or the one I got for $7.

B&M or internet?
[Reply]
Jon11 05:57 PM 08-17-2011
Thanks for the suggestions. Just ordered 5 My father Cremas
5 Padron 1964 Anniversary
5 Illusione cg4
[Reply]